NH FFL Went Out Of Business, Ducking Me To Return My Consignment Pistol. Recourse?

Tartakovsky

NES Member
As the title states, an FFL I’ve worked with a long time has gone out of business. His FFL expired in October and he has been ducking me about getting my consignment pistol back. His NH business license is also not in good standing/rejected. He claims to still have the pistol but keeps breaking plans and giving me bullshit excuses why he is unable to meet me to return it. Should I simply go to the police and report the firearm stolen? Or is this going to be small claims court?

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

If he is still maintaining communication I would make a pest of myself, call him every day.

I had a similar situation with an amplifier I had left off for service at a repair place that went under. The phone was still hooked up so I called every day but he never picked up or returned my calls.

He was selling off some equipment (most likely stuff that was there for repair/stolen). Had a buddy call and make arrangements to purchase some speakers. I went with my buddy (a very large MC guy), walked in grabbed my amp that was in plain view and walked out. Guy did not make a peep.

If his storefront still exists (is he selling off some non FFL stuff?) maybe you could try the same angle.

As the title states, an FFL I’ve worked with a long time has gone out of business. His FFL expired in October and he has been ducking me about getting my consignment pistol back. His NH business license is also not in good standing/rejected. He claims to still have the pistol but keeps breaking plans and giving me bullshit excuses why he is unable to meet me to return it. Should I simply go to the police and report the firearm stolen? Or is this going to be small claims court?
Tell him it's on consignment and if he doesn't come to you for the return you'll be forced to report it as theft to the police?

3 months?!

Call the cops I want my f***ing gun back. Don’t be surprised if it is long gone. What are the circumstances of him closing up shop?
He claims his FFL expired but he’s renewing it, and he’s moving to an online FFL. He says the retail space isn’t profitable and maintains that he isn’t going out of business. He’s full of shit.

He claims his FFL expired but he’s renewing it, and he’s moving to an online FFL. He says the retail space isn’t profitable and maintains that he isn’t going out of business. He’s full of shit.
Yeah your past the point of believing anything he has to say imo.

I’d be filing a report with local PD right now.

Which ffl?

Is it the shit bag over in amherst? I forget the name but that dude was scum

Call the police and let them deal with it

But if its the dude I'm thinking of dont expect it back either

Back
Top Bottom