• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Safe For Guns help

Hey N.E.S!

I work for Mancini Safe Company and we are coming out with a new upgraded safe for guns in a few weeks. Here's where you guys come in, we need a name for it. So I said, if it's a safe for guns then who better to ask than gun owners!

Now I need some obviously original ideas. If your idea is picked and you are interested in one of these I'm trying to work out some sort of discount.

This is still in the development stages so there are some things we have to figure, and I have to run it by Derek. Maybe get some sort of group buy or member discounts..

Thanks for the help!

Name Away!!![popcorn]

What makes it special or different from other safes for firearms?

What "trait" do you want emphisize with its name?

I like the Arms Vault 2A

Here are some other possibilities:

Constitutional Security
Second A
The Armory

What makes it special or different from other safes for firearms?

What "trait" do you want emphisize with its name?

I like the Arms Vault 2A

Here are some other possibilities:

Constitutional Security
Second A
The Armory

We need some details to become "creative"

How about the Safe Gun gun safe?

"Home Defense"?
"Personal Protection"?
"Gun Lock"?
"No, not THAT Kind of Safe!"?

Really now, I thought you were going to be looking for ideas for the safe itself. How about shelves for ammo AND handguns? Or how about adjustable pegboard type "system" for handguns mounted on door?

How about the 'Gun Vault'...oh no, wait....never mind.

Seriously though, is there anything you can tell us about the new safe that would help in naming it? Is it just a new standard gun safe, or does it have any unique features or characteristics?
Anything you could tell us about size, capacity, features, etc. couldn't hurt.

Most safes just seem to have a brand or model name. Is it the model name you're looking for? Will there be multiple models, differntiated by features or trim levels?

If you're looking for ideas to "build a better gun safe" here are a few:

1) Add some electrical work to it. a cord to plug it into the wall, two internal outlets for user electonics (like dehumidifiers) and a set of LED lights that turn on when the safe it openned
2) Add a mounting system for pistol holders, holsters, sheaths and magazines to the back of the door
3) Add the ability to add elastic or rubber retaining straps between the notched in the rifle slots for better retention when you're moving stuff around

The John Gault
or John Vault
Lock Box (Someone may be using that one)
The Secured Location
The Arsenal

Last edited:
If you're looking for ideas to "build a better gun safe" here are a few:

1) Add some electrical work to it. a cord to plug it into the wall, two internal outlets for user electronics (like dehumidifiers) and a set of LED lights that turn on when the safe it opened
2) Add a mounting system for pistol holders, holsters, sheaths and magazines to the back of the door
3) Add the ability to add elastic or rubber retaining straps between the notched in the rifle slots for better retention when you're moving stuff around

Those are some excellent ideas that ALL gun safes should come with. +1

As far as the name...I've got nothing...[thinking]

I have three rules for naming a product:
  1. The name has to be easy to say.
  2. No numbers that end in thousand (i.e. SuperSafe 2000)
  3. The name must be apolitical - why alienate a portion of your market?

My pick (as others have suggested):

The Mancini Armory Series

Here's one -

Electronic locks are great, but pose a lockout risk. (Funny, no dealer or manufacturer that claims there is no such risk will include "lockout service including safe repair after entry" to the lifetime warranty of a safe - even Canon's lifetime warranty excludes lockout). What would be really great is an industry standard electronic combo lock with a backup key consistent with safe level security (like an S&G safe key). This would obviously require some clever linkage to allow either the key or the electronic pad to open the lock, but should be doable. Also, since the combo pad does not have to be directly over the interior electronic lock, you could locate the digital pad over the keyhole.

You could advertise this as the convenience of an electronic lock without the risk - and encourage prospective customers to challenge other vendors into offering a long term lockout warranty on their safes with electronic locks.

With a name like Mancini, the obvious answer should be the Peter Gunn safe.

*rimshot*

I'm here all week folks. Try the veal!

Back
Top Bottom