New Safe For Guns help

If you're looking for ideas to "build a better gun safe" here are a few:

1) Add some electrical work to it. a cord to plug it into the wall, two internal outlets for user electronics (like dehumidifiers) and a set of LED lights that turn on when the safe it opened
2) Add a mounting system for pistol holders, holsters, sheaths and magazines to the back of the door
3) Add the ability to add elastic or rubber retaining straps between the notched in the rifle slots for better retention when you're moving stuff around

YES! Please include these features!

Even better than installing a cord, put a 3-prong plug into the side so you can plug a (properly-guaged) extension cord into the side of the safe. That'll give more options to site the safe (not every good location is within 6' of an outlet).

+ reps to you, Shade!

Last edited:
How about the "We can make a great safe but somehow can't afford a marketing budget so we punted to the Internet Gun Safe"?

This the first time I have heard of Mancini safes. Is there a web site, or anything one can look at? Where does one buy them?

Those are some excellent ideas that ALL gun safes should come with. +1

As far as the name...I've got nothing...[thinking]

If you're looking for ideas to "build a better gun safe" here are a few:

1) Add some electrical work to it. a cord to plug it into the wall, two internal outlets for user electonics (like dehumidifiers) and a set of LED lights that turn on when the safe it openned
2) Add a mounting system for pistol holders, holsters, sheaths and magazines to the back of the door
3) Add the ability to add elastic or rubber retaining straps between the notched in the rifle slots for better retention when you're moving stuff around

Big_Red is right, all great ideas, but for Mass, I'd love to add side by side or top and bottom doors with two seperate compartments with different key/combos, keeping guns & ammo seperate per Mass Law.

As for names how about the Liberty or the NES-2010 ??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•N.R.A.
•G.O.A.L.
•M.R.A.
•MA LTC-A
•NH Non Res LTC
•ME Non Res LTC
•RWVA still a cook, for now

Last edited:
Big_Red is right, all great ideas, but for Mass, I'd love to add side by side or top and bottom doors with two separate compartments with different key/combos, keeping guns & ammo separate per Mass Law.

Please educate me? What exact MGL requires guns and ammo to be kept separate in a home? [thinking]

I appreciate the concern about thread drift, however, allowing inaccurate information presented as "givens" when discussing another topic to go unchallenged does a dis-service to the forum and reduces its utility as a source of generally accurate information.

The Hurt Locker. If that's not already copyrighted out of existence.

The title of a book or movie cannot be exclusively protected by copyright. Of course, the danger of being the 2nd one using another title/name is that your product will be confused with the other, thus hurting your sales - no pun intended [wink]

My vote for a name is "Homeland Security"

Good Luck with the new line.

Back
Top Bottom