New member & firearms owner

Hey everyone,

After a nine week wait I finally received my Class A LTC in the red town of Framingham! Being only twenty-three, I was skeptical as to whether I would be able to exercise such a privilege and American right of passage.

I must say since joining a range, purchasing my first firearm (M&P 40c) and immersing myself in the gun community, I have felt very welcomed and blessed to be part of such a great group of people. I never understood beforehand how much of a brotherhood there is and a respect for one another's knowledge or lack thereof in a community that is typically "underground".

I am proud to be part of such a strong, respectful, polite and giving community and after all of the positive dealings I have had, I will do my best to pay it forward.

Thanks again fellow brothers and sisters,

-BR

Maxxum, I chose MFS. I went for my classes there, they have an armory to play with and they also allowed me to bring a guest for free. I was thinking about Wayland Rod & Gun club but I did not want to pay for my application and be denied for my age lol.

North ham, glad to be a part of the community :)

welcome and that was a nicely written introduction. Out of curiosity did you get a restrictions free LTC-A ?

Thank you, I think my ability to write is what got me my LTC-A. I wrote a three page essay lol.. And no, no restrictions whatsoever :)

. After a nine week wait I finally received my Class A LTC in the red town of Framingham! Being only twenty-three, I was skeptical as to whether I would be able to exercise such a right and American right of passage.

Welcome to NES. I fixed one of your sentences in bold.

Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you and couldn't have said it better. Everyone here is very helpful and just a great group of people all around.

This has to be the single most informative place on all things shooting related. If a search doesn't answer any question you have all you need to do is ask and someone will get back to you very quickly.

Welcome to NES. I fixed one of your sentences in bold.

With all due respect Cadillac, I do believe that it is a privilege and not a "right" for all. I work in management and let me just tell you that certain people are just not qualified or intelligent enough to understand the gravity and responsibility it is to carry a firearm on your person every day.

Let me clarify: It is your right to have the ability to apply for any and all firearms licenses. I also believe that if you are a person that has consistently shown violent offenses or irresponsibility in life, you should not have the ability to posses a powerful weapon. I believe that the "sheeple" need responsible protection, not Clint Eastwood cowboys lol. Even still you do have the right to purchase a black powder firearm.

That is my opinion, strong as it is and I fully respect yours :)

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Great pick with the m&p 40c I also have one and love it

Yea I love it. I am still honing my skills and feel I will learn a bit faster with such a difficult gun to shoot. After shooting my 40c and then shooting a full-size M&P 40 (trigger job and polishing). I was shooting great groupings at 24ft with the full-size versus a bit more scattered with my 40c.

With all due respect Cadillac, I do believe that it is a privilege and not a "right" for all. I work in management and let me just tell you that certain people are just not qualified or intelligent enough to understand the gravity and responsibility it is to carry a firearm on your person every day.

Let me clarify: It is your right to have the ability to apply for any and all firearms licenses. I also believe that if you are a person that has consistently shown violent offenses or irresponsibility in life, you should not have the ability to posses a powerful weapon. I believe that the "sheeple" need responsible protection, not Clint Eastwood cowboys lol. Even still you do have the right to purchase a black powder firearm.

Oh boy.

Ummmmm.... I my friend wasn in mangment for a long time.... I don't use the term sheepole... If I did I don't belive someone would turn from a "sheep" to a" sheep dog" overnight buy simply getting a license and dropping a few rounds down range...

I also have read the 2nd amendment.... I do belive it says RIGHT I also don't believe people are allowed to interpret they way they want to... I believe it is one of the Clearest
amendments we have it says this right cannot be infringed..It doesnet say anthing about black powder...

- - - Updated - - -

[popcorn][popcorn][popcorn]

Good God.

Ummmmm.... I my friend wasn in mangment for a long time.... I don't use the term sheepole... If I did I don't belive someone would turn from a "sheep" to a" sheep dog" overnight buy simply getting a license and dropping a few rounds down range...

I also have read the 2nd amendment.... I do belive it says RIGHT I also don't believe people are allowed to interpret they way they want to... I believe it is one of the Clearest
amendments we have it says this right cannot be infringed..It doesnet say anthing about black powder...

- - - Updated - - -

Haha how did I know this was going to start. Oh well the debate begins...

Four things:

1. There was no acknowledgement that certain incompetent and reckless people should not be able to own a firearm. And if it was everyone's "right" to own a firearm, why not take it to the extreme and give 14 year olds guns to bring to school. I certainly wouldn't want that, nor would I want some thug life hood rat having the ability to purchase a firearm. I don't know where you live or where you grew up, but I have had drive-by shootings in front of my house. Those people should not have the "right" to do so.

2. The term "sheeple" is a loose term, and in my interpretation, is referring to people that believe: the world is a peaceful place, no one will ever try to rob/rape or hurt them, guns are "bad" and police officers will protect/save me when I need them to.

3. I have not gotten to the point where I would consider myself a "sheep dog" just as many others probably feel the same way. But I do wish to be there one day and that takes responsibility, practice, skill and general care for others who cannot or are not able to protect themselves. Police officers protect and serve every day and when they aren't there to save the world I feel that it is people like us to step in. I would gladly take a calculated risk of my own life to save that of another's.

4. The second amendment was written in 1791. The true purpose of this amendment was to protect the citizens of this country from the government becoming a tyrannical and oppressive power like it was in England. You must also look at the context of when this was written. During this time period black powder weapons were the highest form of firepower. The times have since changed. Now there are high powered automatic weapons, nuclear bombs and ignorant people everywhere. You do not believe that we should have the right to bear arms with RPGs and nuclear war-head rockets do you? There always has been and always will be stupid people. But the fact of the matter is that children are not brought up now like they were 1791. They are brought up thinking an iphone is more important than reading, writing and communication skills and violence is just a game with extra lives.

Again my opinion is strong and I fully respect yours, but I can back mine up with justification and experience..Can you?

I really wonder how all those people in New Hampshire survive. good god there is no licensing authority for ownership up there, what shall we do.

WTF? Please tell me this is not happening again.

The RIGHT of the people to keep & bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

[thinking] How does this keep happening?

I really hope the government keeps letting you exercise your privilege of free speech.

Edit: Welcome to the community, I have a feeling you're gonna be popular.

Haha everyone has had something negative to say, but nothing of importance.

I can see that I am going to be black listed shortly for having a real opinion and not following the crowd lol.

Can anyone justify why irresponsible people should have the right to bear arms other than: "the second amendment says so", or "it's a slippery slope". Has anyone here ever been part of a shooting or violent altercation?

Haha kdeez I could have never said my age and you would not have a leg to stand on. I may not have a cane or grandchildren but I certainly am not uninformed or uneducated.

I'm all for gun rights. I believe qualified people should be able to own fully-automatic machine-guns and I want one oh so badly..But I also know I am not preparing to mow down a theater full of innocent people.

Haha I don't know why I start because people get all butt-hurt thinking I am some Democratic Liberal trying to get the assault weapons ban back.

I also find it interesting how I touted the community being so respectful, which I still am, and because I have have strong opinions people are outraged.

Haha I should have just been another mindless robot and just said "I love the second amendment."

I'm all for gun rights. I believe qualified people should be able to own fully-automatic machine-guns and I want one oh so badly..But I also know I am not preparing to mow down a theater full of innocent people.

That is all machine guns are for? Mowing down theaters full of people? Please just leave now.

- - - Updated - - -

If people were dangerous enough, they would be in prison for life. If someone has 'done their time', and is released from prison, they should than be able to own a firearm of any kind, and have their rights restored.

That is all machine guns are for? Mowing down theaters full of people? Please just leave now.

Haha what do you think firearms are made for? Cutting your steak?

The gaitlin gun was produced to mow down soldiers on the battle field.

Machine guns were not produced to fire at paper targets in ranges.

Haha everyone has had something negative to say, but nothing of importance.

I can see that I am going to be black listed shortly for having a real opinion and not following the crowd lol.

Can anyone justify why irresponsible people should have the right to bear arms other than: "the second amendment says so", or "it's a slippery slope". Has anyone here ever been part of a shooting or violent altercation?

Haha kdeez I could have never said my age and you would not have a leg to stand on. I may not have a cane or grandchildren but I certainly am not uninformed or uneducated.

Haha I don't know why I start because people get all butt-hurt thinking I am some Democratic Liberal trying to get the assault weapons ban back.

I also find it interesting how I touted the community being so respectful, which I still am, and because I have have strong opinions people are outraged.

Haha I should have just been another mindless robot and just said "I love the second amendment."
Just stop.

Haha what do you think firearms are made for? Cutting your steak?

The gaitlin gun was produced to mow down soldiers on the battle field.

Machine guns were not produced to fire at paper targets in ranges.

mp40c was designed to fire at paper targets?

- - - Updated - - -

If people were dangerous enough, they would be in prison for life. If someone has 'done their time', and is released from prison, they should than be able to own a firearm of any kind, and have their rights restored.

I'll try this one more time. So based on your theory a convicted murderer who shot someone and killed them should be allowed to own a firearm after he serves his time.. Also based on your theory a child molester should be able to serve his/her time and become a day-care provider..

Back
Top Bottom