• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to have you aboard Pete.

I'm sure somebody will chime in on a indoor range close to you.

Pete,

Welcome aboard!

Take a look at the list of affiliated clubs at www.goal.org

You should find some info there that will point you to a club near you. Since I'm not familiar with your area, I'm sorry that I can't offer any more info relevant to your area.

My name is Pete, 25. I'm from Manchester, NH. I saw an advertisement for this site on ar15.com, and thought it would be good way to meet some people and talk about firearms. I liked the idea of having a local gun forum, as a lot of the larger boards don't have very active new england forums.

I currently own a bushmaster xm15-e2s (just got it, in LOVE with it already), a remmington 870 express 12 ga, and a sigpro 2940.

Hi there.

Ross here. I saw the link on the Four Seasons Guns website last night and thought I'd pop over.

Born in NJ, I moved to the People's Republik of MA in '87. I shoot at Riverside Gun Club in Hudson - www.riversidegc.org (which has a nice indoor 50 foot range for the guy who was looking for an indoor range in central MA). I shoot mostly pistol at the club's IDPA matches. (I tend to shoot one of my .45's (currently have a Ruger and 2 ParaOrdnances). I also have a couple of wheelguns and a CZ75 and the obligatory Ruger Mark 1 .22.)

I have only shot high power once - at a CMP day at Riverside, I finally got to shoot an M1. That was fun! I just wish my eyesight was better so I see the sights against the black target! But I'm going to try to get my CMP certifcate this year and get myself an M1 when I have the $$ anyway and try to do some hipower shooting, too.

Oddly enough, like another poster here, I'm in telecom and live in Metrowest. Strange coincidence...

Any other Riverside members here?

Ross

Lynne said:
Greetings all. My name is Lynne and Len invited me to join. Most women drool over furs. I drool over guns. :) I'm a Civil War reenactor (I take the field - I don't sit around in hoop skirts) who fights for the Confederacy.

Hi, Lynne!

I see that you're a Reb, so you might not know, but it's worth a try for me to ask: do you know a) of any groups that re-enact the 66th NY Infantry (AKA the Governer's Guard, I think), and b) how would I find out exactly how a second lieutenant in the above outfit would be armed?

As you might guess, I have a reason for asking. My g'g'-uncle was Second Lieutenant Simon Pincus, Company K, 66th NY Volunteers. My mother remembers him from when she was a girl, and she has a picture of him in uniform, but it's small and not terribly well focused. I'd really like to more about how he would be equipped. (I keep thinking that if I can find a group that reenacts his unit, that would be a great excuse to give up on the SCA and get into reenacting... :)

Ross

Hey everyone,
Bill from Franklin, MA here. My buddy got me interested in target shooting last year and now I'm hooked! I'm already a member at Braintree and can't wait for the good weather to get outside, hopefully before July!!!

KingCobra58 said:
Hey everyone,
Bill from Franklin, MA here. My buddy got me interested in target shooting last year and now I'm hooked! I'm already a member at Braintree and can't wait for the good weather to get outside, hopefully before July!!!

Great to have you Bill. What type of target shooting do you do? LenS and I are also members at Braintree.

Derek

Welcome to both Ross and Bill!

Ross, send an Email to Ron Glidden [email protected] he is very active in re-enacting and he might be able to answer your questions.

Bill, welcome from another BR&P member! Folks were using the outdoor ranges on Sunday this week. You did need boots to change targets, but the snow wasn't covering them . . . so things are improving! [twisted]

Thanks everyone.

Derek, right now I'm just shooting 22 pistol and rifle and would like to give Trap a try one of these Sundays. I still have a lot to learn and then I will move onto larger cals.

KingCobra58 said:
Thanks everyone.

Derek, right now I'm just shooting 22 pistol and rifle and would like to give Trap a try one of these Sundays. I still have a lot to learn and then I will move onto larger cals.

Execellent!

Hello to all;

Just checking in. Most of my shooting has been based around hunting but I have attended a couple of CMP clinics at my local club(Cape Ann Sportsmans Club). I figured that anything that could help me become a better shooter couldn't be a bad thing. I also like the idea of the DCM/CMP and an armed citizenry(not all people in Massachusetts voted for John Kerry). I recently picked up a DCM rifle and look foward to shooting it this season.

Great to have you mossman. I'm setting up a Highpower Clinic in the Competition Forum. Take a look, you may want to come out with us.

Derek

Good Morning:

Back in NE from VA. I'll be moving to CT next week. Damn all these firearms restrictions [evil] Anyway...My interests range from the venerable 1911-A1 45 ACP to Mosin-Nagant rifles. Currently, I have a small collection of C&R firearms (so far). I enjoy shooting all types of firearms no matter what type or caliber. My favorite targets are tin cans and bowling pins. Hopefully the weather will get warmer real soon...my toys are crying to go out and play!

Have Fun & Be Safe

Chris here.

Just dropping in to say hi and thanks for setting up a the board. Heard about it over on arfcom.

I live near Portland, ME. Belong to a couple of clubs in the area and primarily shoot service rifle now. Got introduced to IDPA last year and will probably persue that a little as a training & practice tool. Also enjoy the historical matches over at theScarborough range. Meaning CMP now has some of my money. :)

Thanks again for the forum,
CD

Welcome, Chris, glad to have you aboard. Also glad to hear someone else looks at IDPA as training and practice and not as a 'gamer'. Do any reloading for service rifle?

No reloading yet, hopefully I can get the equipment in the budget for next year. I've been shooting XM193 up until now, but I picked up some BlackHills for this season. Looking forward to getting to try it out and get some practice in.

I should be able to get out & try the Black Hills in a few weeks. The range is probably mess from all the rain and melting snow.

I'll also post the Scarborough match schedule over in the Competition forum. They have 4 NRA matches and 4 or 5 fun, historical or specialty matches scheduled this year. The NRA matches are all 58 round course of fire(including sighters), 200yd SF standing & RF sitting, 300yd RF & SF prone. The first NRA match, usually Memorial Day weekend, is a 100yd reduced course beginners match.

Chris

I haven't been able to get out and test my new loads and I have a match this weekend. (We don't shut down in the winter :) ) May have to use other rounds until I know what to load up. If nothing else, I'll be able to test after the match Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom