New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. Airpwong showed me the site and I had to sign up! :D

Checking in and saying Hi to all. I just found this forum today and registered right off. :D

This seems like a good place to hang around for a while, I looked thru some of the postings and found a lot of intelligent and knowledgable folks.

More to come later! [wink]

Hello all!

New member from South Hadley here. Recently retired from the Air Force and am looking to spend more time shooting and using my heretofore unused NRA Instructor rating. I am a regular on The High Road and getting to be a regular on the Smith-WessonForum. I look forward to meeting more shooters from this area.

Re: Hello all!

FPrice said:
New member from South Hadley here. Recently retired from the Air Force and am looking to spend more time shooting and using my heretofore unused NRA Instructor rating. I am a regular on The High Road and getting to be a regular on the Smith-WessonForum. I look forward to meeting more shooters from this area.

Hey, Frosty, glad to have you aboard!

Registered yesterday, put a couple posts on the Gun Shop forum, and read through most of the threads today. I like this place.

Good news tonight when I got home...my wife told me the local police dept. called about my Class A license and I go in for my interview/fingerprint session tomorrow, 11 days after I submitted my application. That's not too bad, I guess. Can anybody tell me what to expect? How long after that I actually get my license?

Welcome!

Time to wait will largely depend on how efficient the town is at processing your application. Additionally the state and DMH sometimes takes a long time due to staffing issues.

Bottom line is that it could take 2 -12 weeks.

Hi everyone. New guy here, Marblehead Ma, 41 year old carpenter, I recievd my class A LTC a few days ago and need to talk with people about this State I live in. At least until I talk the wife into cashing in and moving to NH.

Recently inherited a 9mm SigSaur P228 and a Colt Pocketlite Mustang .380 , which was what finally got me off my arse to get the Class A. member of Danvers Fish & Game , NRA , Goal. Former ARNG MP.
Korean karate instructor ( ex ) , father of one girl , and 3 dogs.

Think I am about to buy a Remington 870 12 gauge, and a semi rifle , the pumpgun for all around - including skeet & trap, and the big gun for .... fun? Deer ? Rioters ? EOTW ?

Anyway , nice to be here.

Hey Everyone... Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I just found this forum and it appears to have some great info. I'm sure I will be asking a ton of questions so please be patient with me.

Thanks
Adam

Adam_MA said:
Hey Everyone... Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I just found this forum and it appears to have some great info. I'm sure I will be asking a ton of questions so please be patient with me.

Thanks
Adam

Welcome aboard, Adam, ask away. Everyone here is of the patient type.

Howdy. I've been shooting .22 pistol casually for a couple years at MRA in Woburn, but am getting the urge to move up to a 1911. Noticed that Four Seasons had a Kimber show up on their Used page last week, but it disappeared within a day or two.

I'm open to suggestions as to what to consider in the under-$1000 range. I drives me nuts how limited Mass. residents are when considering buying new.

I would probably spend a couple of months shooting alone, learning the gun, but might consider joining a beginner's competition within a year. Bullseye or plates? I dunno. If that vagueness doesn't make it impossible to suggest a specific beginner's 1911, I'm interested in opinions.

Welcome to the board masochusetts. There are a bunch of match .45's that are on the no-buy list for MA. I haven't started to look yet for myself, I plan on buying on in the fall.

I would recommend that if you are going to spend close to 1K on a match .45's you would be wise to purchase a Colt or a Kimber.

A S&W 1911 will do you fine if you aren't getting into the Race Gun categories. You can modify at will with standard 1911 parts for the most part. Mine has a special trigger, RecoilMaster and some spring changes. Great for CCW and respectable for target shooting (not my primary objective).

Thanks for the quick responses. It's good to hear at least one S&W endorsement, as I have seen virtually none in the reading that I've done to date. Considering that it's one of the few that our wonderful Attorney General allows to be sold new in the Commonwealth, I guess I need to at least consider it.

This would be strictly a range gun, no concealed carry. I'm tempted to hold out for the Colt or Kimber, but it will be painful waiting for one to pop up, and I'm not sure that I would recognize a problem used gun if I encountered one. Gotta keep thinking...

I just realized that I checked in on the Military side of the house but not here. So here is a brief bio; live in NY, work in CT. USMCR for 13+ years (still in), school trained Scout Sniper, served in Iraq (2003). NRA pistol, HFS and PP instructor. Work part time for www.ruckup.com and full time for a security company as a branch manager. (Well I run CT and MA)

Questions? No? Cool, then I’ll be back at the bar.

HI everyone,
my name is kevin..i spent 1 1/2 years with the big red 1 in kansas and 1 1/2 years in stuttgart germany with a transportation outfit. then 5 years in the guards here in ME..I always enjoy a new forum for shooters i get alot of info on them..I own 2 bushmaster M-4s 1 postban and the other ban free..My son and I enjoy shooting with the local police and the border patrol here in town.

kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom