New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Len!

I have been looking at the source code here. And it is php a somewhat form of javascript and HTML.

I think I could write source code for this. That i could make a interesting board if I deceide to use it.

I have a request in for quotes to a few hosting companys and am waiting for replies. I have another domain WWW.SmithandWessonUSA.com that I don't use. Right now it is just linked to the Forums.com address.

I may play with php on this site.
Well enough ranting! Talk to you later!!

teu81.gif

'Nother "new folk" checkin' in...

...and saying "hi" as requested...

Great place y'all got here... Imagine that, if you will - people that believe in and support the Second Amendment, all living behind the Iron Curtain of the People's Republik of Massachusetts.

I love it... :D

Welcome Jay! This is one safe haven from the Liberal gun grabbing goverment we live under.

Re: 'Nother "new folk" checkin' in...

Jay G said:
Imagine that, if you will - people that believe in and support the Second Amendment, all living behind the Iron Curtain of the People's Republik of Massachusetts.

I love it... :D

And we do our darndest not to let the libs forget we're here. :D Welcome Jay.

Thanks Derek, Tony, and Lynne!

It's good to be among similarly minded people, that's to be sure... I feel like an alien (like, from another planet alien, not from across the border) whenever someone asks me what I did over the weekend and I tell them I went to the range.

[MA co-worker] "Oh, so you play golf"?

[me] "Huh?"

[MA co-worker] "You went to a driving range, right?"

[me] "Uh, not exactly..."

hey, names Dan, 18 years old in western mass. Work in a hospital, and am a Lt. in the Westfield Police Explorer Post(got to take tour of S&W factory and academy). Will be attending Westfield State(Cj) and probly joing the Air National Guard out of Barnes.

Planning to take a pistol safety course at the Westfield Sportsmans Club(unless there is someplace in Hampshire/Hampden county that us cheaper?) this summer, and hopefully have a couple of .22's by the end of the year.

Steve T. here, aka rockdoc. Stumbled upon this site last week- Great site! Nice to have a bunch of Massachusetts shooters to learn from. I've really got bit by the bug, picking up a couple of Sigs, an AR15, an 03A3, 1780 style 50 cal. flintlock, and a couple of shotguns all in this first year of shooting. (yes Four Seasons is a dangerous place!). Live and shoot (and work and fish) on Nantucket MA.

Hello everyone..

I guess that I did this backwards. I came across this site...and now I don't remember where. But I've been posting in the other threads then came here.

Saw some of the other threads and it was like a kid in a candy store. So much information. So many people, I think that I can find a nice spot here. :D

Anyway, I'm living in North Attleboro, shoot and belong to Mansfield Fish and Game. Moved to MA from Ohio about 4 years ago. Been shooting since my Grandfather got me my first .22 at age 6.

Never really got into Hunting or Competition shooting. But more and more lately, I've been thinking about it. I figure that you can never know too much about safety and training. And where else better than other shooters at a competition. So we'll see how that goes.

I've been talking with a couple of guys from the club that shoot Cowboy Action. Seems like that would be a lot of fun. And I'll use any excuse to get more guns.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know other shooters from around New England. Thanks for having this place for us all to get together and talk about what we love.

Hello. Got an invite from LenS and thought I'd drop by and see the board. I liked what I saw, so here I am.

I live in W. Mass for now, but will be moving as soon as I can convince my wife, so that could be a long time. I've worked in LE for the past few years, off and on, due to an injury, but hopefully will be going back soon. Gun interests are everything from old, antique lever action Winchesters and Marlins to AK's and AR's, and mostly S&W revolvers and auto's. I like just about any autoloader as long as it's not a Glock. A recent trial for the PD really set my Glock attitude in stone, even after owning 4 of them in the past, but that's for another post.

Just wanted to say "Hi".

Hawgleg44 said:
Hello. Got an invite from LenS and thought I'd drop by and see the board. I liked what I saw, so here I am.

I live in W. Mass for now, but will be moving as soon as I can convince my wife, so that could be a long time. I've worked in LE for the past few years, off and on, due to an injury, but hopefully will be going back soon. Gun interests are everything from old, antique lever action Winchesters and Marlins to AK's and AR's, and mostly S&W revolvers and auto's. I like just about any autoloader as long as it's not a Glock. A recent trial for the PD really set my Glock attitude in stone, even after owning 4 of them in the past, but that's for another post.

Just wanted to say "Hi".

Welcome aboard! I'd be interested to hear your Glock experience.

Hawgleg, I'm glad that you "found your way over"! [lol]

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Also please do post that analysis of the Glocks over here. I'm sure it will generate some comments. I don't like or shoot Glocks, so I have no further comments on Glocks, good or bad.

Yep, Glocks are the one that I'm not really dissapointed we can't buy new here in Massachusetts. Guess I'm spoiled with my Sigs!

Steve

Hello. I am new to the internet but not new to shooting. I got my first gun at the age of 12 in 1958. I bought a lee loader in 1964 and started serious reloading around 1978. I shot in the Greater Boston Pistol League in 1964-65 and for several years in the early 80's. I lived in the suburbs of Boston from 1961 to 1986, and was active in the Woburn Sportsman's Assoc. in the early eighties. I collect (accumulate) shooter grade guns of all types with particular emphasis on those that give me maximum pleasure of ownership at minimum cost. My current passions are Ruger Old Model single actions and Marlin lever actions. I live on the coast of Maine and work in Danvers, Ma. and have a small apartment on the North Shore to sleep in during the week. I don't even think about bringing guns into Mass. since the laws that drove me out have gotten even worse. My real name is Tom Demers and I have no need to hide it but I tend to be a loner and kind of like the annonymity of the web.
P.S. Although I have stayed about as far away from the military as I can for many years, I was in the Navy Reserve from 1966 until 1972, on active duty thru 67 and 68, and shot on a Navy pistol team at Northwest Naval Radio Station, Northwest, Virginia for about a year. I have high respect for the US military but prefer the freedom of civillian life for myself.

Welcome to a new member, Dick Nathhorst, who emigrated from the "dark side" (MAF-L) at my invitation.

Enjoy your stay here! You will see some familiar names here and we are all civil to each other (well except for Derek - the forum owner and his best friend Tony [roll] ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom