New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, former Navy Hospital Corpsman (trying to balance out the jarheads here on the site, J/K :D ) Spent 3 years at Naval Hospital Groton, CT, a few years on a supply ship and a destroyer, and ended my time in the Navy with 2nd Battalion 23rd Marines deploying to Iraq in Mar 2003. You have a great board here and I look foward to chatting with everyone in the future.

Rob

redsoxdoc said:
Hello Everyone, former Navy Hospital Corpsman (trying to balance out the jarheads here on the site, J/K :D ) Spent 3 years at Naval Hospital Groton, CT, a few years on a supply ship and a destroyer, and ended my time in the Navy with 2nd Battalion 23rd Marines deploying to Iraq in Mar 2003. You have a great board here and I look foward to chatting with everyone in the future.

Rob

Welcome aboard, Rob. Green-side Corpsman are always welcome.

Semper Fi!

You just got to understand the way the system works. Due to the usual bureaucratic BS, the Corps doesn't have any corpsmen, at least on paper. If you're a corpsman and served with us, you're a Marine. Welcome aboard, Doc.

Ken

Boston resident here

Hey,

Just realized I forgot to "check in". Will you ever forgive me?

Boston resident here, patiently awaiting the arrival of my LTC in the mail.

Then it's off to the gun shop. Snub-nosed .38 should the miracle of miracles occur and my license is issued "unrestricted". Otherwise, who knows? An 18" 12 ga. pump is definitely on the short list as well.

-Bruce

Dallask

Hi my name is Dallas Killian my dad is friends with TonyD! I live in Indiana I am 16(I will be 17 June 22) I am planning to be starting a delayed entry program in the marines next summer!!! (Very excited)!

My dad and I restored my first firearm when I was 7 going on 8 just an old 22 but I still have the gun and it has the most meaning still to this day. My collection of firearms has grown a little (Lol) I have a lot of shotguns for IN hunting but I also have some high-power rifles! 308, 270,243, 222, 30.06, 30.30, 300mag and I think that is it! I do not own all of these guns but these are what are here for me to shoot! There are not rely very many ranges here over 150yds so most of my shooting is done in the nice cornfields/bean that we have here! I have been hunting for 8 years Deer, rabbit, squirrel, dove, turkey and getting ready to try to get some coyotes for some of the farmers I know! Well i will spend most of my day now drifting around this sight reading old threads and new post!!!!

Dallas

Re: Dallask

DallasK said:
Hi my name is Dallas Killian my dad is friends with TonyD! I live in Indiana I am 16(I will be 17 June 22) I am planning to be starting a delayed entry program in the marines next summer!!! (Very excited)!

My dad and I restored my first firearm when I was 7 going on 8 just an old 22 but I still have the gun and it has the most meaning still to this day. My collection of firearms has grown a little (Lol) I have a lot of shotguns for IN hunting but I also have some high-power rifles! 308, 270,243, 222, 30.06, 30.30, 300mag and I think that is it! I do not own all of these guns but these are what are here for me to shoot! There are not rely very many ranges here over 150yds so most of my shooting is done in the nice cornfields/bean that we have here! I have been hunting for 8 years Deer, rabbit, squirrel, dove, turkey and getting ready to try to get some coyotes for some of the farmers I know! Well i will spend most of my day now drifting around this sight reading old threads and new post!!!!

Dallas

Welcome aboard Future Marine. :D

MrsWildweasel said:
We'll have to turn him to the dark side.........get him to join the Army instead. [twisted]

Not a chance!

Dallas' dad and I grew up together and is my longest and oldest friend. However, I might be in trouble with his mom if he spends too much time here and not studying for Algebra. [wink]

What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Dallas make sure you clear your history and chache when you are done here each night. And if all fails, use Tony as Lee Majors.

derek said:
What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Dallas make sure you clear your history and chache when you are done here each night. And if all fails, use Tony as Lee Majors.

Good idea but he probably doesn't know the reference to Lee Majors.

Couldn't Help myself with all the jarheads here..... besides you Never know we might be able to turn him..... [twisted]

MrsWildweasel said:
Couldn't Help myself with all the jarheads here..... besides you Never know we might be able to turn him..... [twisted]

Ha! He's not even a Marine yet and he has more fortitude (and self respect) than that. [twisted]

He just has to hang around for awhile and we'll see what us ARMY guys can do....... [twisted] Although I do have to say those of us that are ex-mil we definately raise our kids with the duty,honor,country instilled in them.

MrsWildweasel said:
He just has to hang around for awhile and we'll see what us ARMY guys can do....... [twisted]

I think he already knows and that's why he joining the Corps. He's not one to sit around for long periods of time. [wink]

Like you guys don't have to Hurry up and Wait? You have to be moved around by ship.....we can zip in and zip out. :)

There is always a few MEU (SOC)'s aboard ship at any given time. This assures the world finest fighting force the ability to strike anywhere in the world at an instant. Once we have secured the objective and annihilated the enemy, you guys 'zip' in to mop up. [twisted]

Lol join the army no I am alright with the Marines’ lol! This is how I look at it! I have wanted to be a marine from the 3rd grade now in high school I can rely tell why listen to this!
The army recruiter comes in sets up his little table with some info and such and then just pulls up a chair (and sits and waits) now to me this shows someone who is lazy and not rely loving being apart of something and then when someone comes to talk to him he is all about the army but when he is by himself he sits in his chair with a little bit of a slump to him like he is going to fall asleep. Now in the same hall about ten feet to the army recruiters left there is a marine table set up no chairs a chin up bar and 2 Marines standing tall and as proud as they can be! So of course witch table would I choose to go look at (as if my mind has not been made up forever) the Marines I walk over and start talking to them I fill out a card to get some more info just for the heck of it(I had already done my research but I wanted them to know me) and the Marine on the right of the table says to me why don’t you do some chin ups just to see what you can do there is a whole hallway of people standing around and about 15 standing around the table so as TonyD knows me and my dad are a lot alike and if there is anything I can not turn down it is a challenge no matter what it is! So I said alright jumped up there put out 16 and started to slow down so he encouraged me to try harder and he told me to throw my chest to the bar and not my chin I ended up with 25 dropped off the bar and told him thanks for everything and he threw me a key chain as I walked away!!(The other recruiters love seeing me with that EVERY day!!!!) And knowing that there is no way to get me now that the slacked off! lol

Do you get what I am trying to say lol if not here is another way to look at it!! If you ask a person getting ready to enter the army why they decided on the army they will tell you for the experience or to pay for college if you ask someone why the joined the air force they will most likely so to pay for college if you ask someone going into the marines why the picked the Marines they will say with pride Because they are the best! (Most of the time)
Now I am not saying that I have anything against the other branches I think every army and nave man had to have someplace to go play were they could not get hurt!! But I am set on the Marines and there is no changing that!! Lol sorry if I was a little harsh just the way I look at it I would like to here everyone feedback on that?

-DallasK-
p.s Lee Majors????(explain please)

No you are not being harsh. We all respect each others services. Really. There is always going to be inter service rivalry no matter what. To me it does not matter which branch you served,you have my respect by serving. Between my side of the family and my husbands we actually cover all branches of the military. My brother went into the Air Force,my dad was Navy, I was Army. Hubby was Army,his dad was a Marine. My son knew like you that he wanted to go into the military and follow in mom and Dad's footsteps. My father-in-law did try and brain wash my son into going into the Marines. The only hitch was he wanted us to sign for him at 17. No problem,I would not sign for the Marine Corp (sorry Tony and Derek) and my husband would not sign for the Navy. So it left Army or Air Force,or he could wait until he was 18 and go into any branch he wanted. He just finished basic and AIT. He is deploying in a couple of months to Iraq,his unit got called up while he was finishing his training. He decided that he was going Army National Guard and he wanted to be a combat engineer. We were trying to steer him towards another MOS. This is what he really wanted so I could not say no. We all have a soft spot for our respective services and we also rib the others which is what we were doing this morning. As you notice there are more Marines here than Army,but as I said we all respect each others services. We like to rib each other,but it is all in fun. I wish you luck in your career in the service. It is one you will never forget and you will have fond memories,along with the not so good,but it is a choice I have never regretted and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Our son did check out the other services before he made his choice and talked with all the recruiters that came to his school,this is the way he wanted to go.

New Member! Number 200!!

Well LenS.

I am here and looking around!

Thanks for the invite!

Looks real good!! I will visit more!

Take Care!

Dave, welcome aboard.

I hope you enjoy it here, we are a friendly bunch too.

BTW, if you have some "in" to get more info on S&W's Club 1852 Weekend, please post it on this forum as well. Even the last mailing from them was very vague on what was happening when. I would have inquired but I'm at a 3-day defensive handgun course in Tyngsboro that weekend so I can't attend S&W's event anyway.

Hope you toggled your controls to a more palatable color scheme for you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom