New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt D sent me an IM on ARF so here I am.

Hopefully this site won't cost me as much money as ARF did. I quadrupled my gun collection in 3 years, and went from one AR to eight. [lol]

rag said:

Hopefully this site won't cost me as much money as ARF did. I quadrupled my gun collection in 3 years, and went from one AR to eight. [lol]

Hey, rag nice to have you. Can't guarantee it'll be soft on the wallet, though.

What type of shooting do you do?

rag said:

Great to have ya Rag! [lol]

Quick check in here. Another arfcom jumper located on the South Shore Mass.
Member at Braintree Rifle and Pistol and possibly Hanson Rod and Gun
soon as well. I think a New Enlgand get together will definitely be in order
once the nicer weather hits!
J
8)

Recon_Sine said:
J
8)

Good to have ya Recon.

And you're right as soon as we get some warmer weather we will schedule a board gathering for some BBQ and Shootin'.

Recon_Sine said:
J
8)

R_S, welcome to the site! Jump in and have fun and please bring other good people with you.

Semper Fi!

ETA: Oops. Spelling is fundemental.

Just signing in. Saw this site on ARF.com and decided to come over.

Lived most of my life in MA. Member of Braintree Rifle and Pistol.

hi everyone!

TonyD said:
airpw said:

hi everyone!

Welcome to the site! We're new and just kicking things off. What kind of shooting do you do?

Mostly an HK nut. USP compacts, SL8, MP5 Clone. Looking at diving into an ARs and 1911s at some point but buying in MA just suck (as we all know).

airpw said:
TonyD said:
airpw said:

hi everyone!

Welcome to the site! We're new and just kicking things off. What kind of shooting do you do?

Mostly an HK nut. USP compacts, SL8, MP5 Clone. Looking at diving into an ARs and 1911s at some point but buying in MA just suck (as we all know).

That's what I understand. I currently have HK and Glock. I've had 1911's and right now wish I'd kept my Belgium Browning HP I used when I was on a HRT unit.

I shoot mostly ARs and Glocks.
I'm a member at Metacon in Simsbury.

Welcome to all the new folks here. Most especially to fellow Braintree R&P members! :D

Just catching up today since my Wife and I just spent the day at BR&P. It was a shocking day, as my Wife announced to me that she wanted to join BR&P too! Before she could change her mind, I had her fill out an app and handed it in. For 28 years she told me that she hated shooting (due largely to a poor experience when she was a kid in Summer camp) and suddenly she decided today to do some shooting (Walther P22 on a reduced B27 at 11yds). We had a blast and she did very well for a beginner. So as of March 13th (new member class) BR&P will gain a new Family Member (spouses are only charged $20/year).

Sounds like we have the start of a bunch of folks from BR&P here. It might be possible to plan a shoot there this Summer if folks are interested. Some logistics would need to be worked out and the BR&P members would all have to take on some range safety responsibility at any such event.

Got the invite like everyone else. Nice to see something local. Thanks for setting it up, Derek.
Local Law Enforement Officer here, 20 years experience.
Love rifles, have a couple Garands, M1 Carbine, Bushy DCM AR and an M14 on the way. Looking to get into CMP/Garand/Service rifle and maybe try some HP stuff.
BTW: my avatar is a pic of my dad in Okinawa WWII with a captured Arisaka Type 99.
Hi Len....
Thanks again,
Jon

JonJ said:
Got the invite like everyone else. Nice to see something local. Thanks for setting it up, Derek.
Local Law Enforement Officer here, 20 years experience.
Love rifles, have a couple Garands, M1 Carbine, Bushy DCM AR and an M14 on the way. Looking to get into CMP/Garand/Service rifle and maybe try some HP stuff.
BTW: my avatar is a pic of my dad in Okinawa WWII with a captured Arisaka Type 99.
Hi Len....
Thanks again,
Jon

Awesome to have you aboard Jon. I'm going to try and set up a CMP/HP clinic this summer to get all the guys who have been thinking about it in to the sport.

Derek

Ned here. Really excited about us New Englanders getting some more shooting together. I'm 35, I live in RI and work in Mansfield Mass. I have a sig 229, a Beretta Vertec 92, a Bushmaster and a Robinson XCR on oreder that I am impatientlty waiting for. I am a member at AFS in Attleboro Mass, which is a nice indoor range. I'm always up for shooting so don't be shy.

Greetings from Meredith, NH. Saw the post on ARFCom.

Former Marine F-4 and A-4 pilot with a variety of toys that Hillary would disapprove of.

If any of you yankees can really do barbeque, count me in.

Rodent said:

Former Marine F-4 and A-4 pilot with a variety of toys that Hillary would disapprove of.

Welcome to the site and Semper Fi!

ETA: I shouldn't take cold med's and post. [roll]

Rodent said:

Great to have you leatherneck.

Hi Guys and Girls

I'm just checking in to say Hi and see what's going on.

I'm in CT and always looking to shoot so if anyones going and wants some company shout it out.

Nickelsig229 said:
Hi Guys and Girls

I'm just checking in to say Hi and see what's going on.

I'm in CT and always looking to shoot so if anyones going and wants some company shout it out.

Welcome aboard!

crazyneddie said:
Yes I started shooting IPSC IDPA this year. Only been to one match but I loved it and I can't wait for more.

I haven't shot IPSC but I enjoy IDPA as long as I keep the the mindset that I use it for training/practice and not becaome a 'gamer'.

Rodent said:

Not ALL of us are YANKS :D [wink]

MrsWildweasel said:
Hello all. Hopefully you won't mind a woman around. I do love to shoot,and Uncle Sam trained me well. :D

Not at all and very glad to have you! You hubby said you may drop by and we're glad you did.

Tell us a little about your shooting interests and Uncle Sam's involvement.

LenS said:
Welcome to all the new folks here. Most especially to fellow Braintree R&P members! :D

Just catching up today since my Wife and I just spent the day at BR&P. It was a shocking day, as my Wife announced to me that she wanted to join BR&P too! Before she could change her mind, I had her fill out an app and handed it in. For 28 years she told me that she hated shooting (due largely to a poor experience when she was a kid in Summer camp) and suddenly she decided today to do some shooting (Walther P22 on a reduced B27 at 11yds). We had a blast and she did very well for a beginner. So as of March 13th (new member class) BR&P will gain a new Family Member (spouses are only charged $20/year).

Sounds like we have the start of a bunch of folks from BR&P here. It might be possible to plan a shoot there this Summer if folks are interested. Some logistics would need to be worked out and the BR&P members would all have to take on some range safety responsibility at any such event.

Yeah Mrs LenS!

If there is interest, we can get permission from the exec board at BRP to host a shoot in the summer. Finally a NE gathering.

Mrs WW,

WELCOME and bring more women!! Of course you are welcome around here as well as EVERYONE else interested in guns/shooting. Please do let the other ladies on ARFCOM know and have them join us here. We intend to keep this place at least as clean as the Women's forum on ARFCOM.

Perhaps we'll finally get around to meeting one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom