New Firearms License Application

use lines below to indicate the reason(s) you are requesting an unrestricted LTC; use a separate sheet of paper if necessary

Grrrr.

I thought they were doing away with the class of licensing issue. And do you think because reloading sucks is valid

How about this,

Renewal, Yes, Has anything changed since the last time. NO, perfect here is your permission slip for your right.

Can't we just write "Restrictions would violate my 2nd Ammendment rights."? If you already have an unrestricted LTC, why would you need to justify it on renewal anyway?

You can write whatever you want, but don't expect to get a license if you do.

(I just put "For all lawful purposes" on my last renewal, but I happen to be in a bright green town. Your mileage may vary.)

Last edited:
Have you ever held a firearms license in any other state, territory or jurisdiction?  YES  NOIf "YES", when, where, and license number?

Fo NON-RES license do you have to answer yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, now it's trick question 5.

that is BS

You can write whatever you want, but don't expect to get a license if you do.

(I just put "For all lawful purposes" on my last renewal, but I happen to be in a bright green town. Your mileage may vary.)

Yeah, I know. It was more of a tongue in cheek type of statement.[wink] Its still ridiculous though that we need to "justify" why we shouldn't be restricted .

Yeah, now it's trick question 5.

And the "other than non-criminal traffic offenses" is gone. More tricky.

At least the details for the FID are spelled out - When my youngest son went in to get his FID, the officer at the desk said, "You have to be 18."

My son, having his Apprentice instructor cert, said, "Unless you have parental permission. I do." [laugh]

it says you have to sign a lost/stolen firearms affidavit now. Do you do that at the police station? Or is it supposed to be part of the application package?

Why does the application have a box for license type "Firearms Identification Card - Restricted Self Defense Spray"? Wasn't that eliminated in the most recent legislation?

it says you have to sign a lost/stolen firearms affidavit now. Do you do that at the police station? Or is it supposed to be part of the application package?

When I reapplied 2 months ago (green town, still waiting), the affidavit was the final page. The licensing officer had a stack of them there and said that most people sign it during the interview. They might have taken it off the application and gone that route.

I still want to know what happens if you HAVE had firearms stolen prior to applying for license renewal. You obviously can't sign the form then. Does this mean you're disqualified from having your license renewed???

I sent an email out to our local licensing officer today. The town's web site states that disclosure of the social security number is mandated on the application but the State form says that it is optional. A local wrinkle that I don't particularly like.

I sent an email out to our local licensing officer today. The town's web site states that disclosure of the social security number is mandated on the application but the State form says that it is optional. A local wrinkle that I don't particularly like.

Just got the email back from the licensing officer. Seems like the SS number gets put in whether you fill it in or not. Here is the reply:

The ssn is used for several things. The Dms query the national criminal background check amongst other things. If they do not include it on the application it will get filled in when I process the application. The application is not public record therefore the risk is minimal.

"If they do not include it on the application it will get filled in when I process the application. The application is not public record therefore the risk is minimal."

Oh well as long as the risk is minimal I guess it's okay.[hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom