• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November 2010

The pictures don't do it justice, but she's beautiful [smile] It was difficult to get much detail because the pictures had to be taken far away to include it all
Bohica1.JPG
Bohica2.JPG
For a size comparison, here she is with my father (Bob J):
Bohica3.JPG

The pictures don't do it justice, but she's beautiful [smile] It was difficult to get much detail because the pictures had to be taken far away to include it all

For a size comparison, here she is with my father (Bob J):

Very nice!

Is that an MKIII or MKIV? How do you like the fluted barrel (If you've tried the unfluted)? What are the scope rings and scope? Is it a match chamber? Inquiring minds want to know this stuff!

Picked up an M&P9 Pro from a fellow NES'r tonight. Thanks Underwhere! I've already put 100 rnds downrange and it shoots very nice.

Here's a pic from the previous owner:

2z9iq0p.jpg

-JR

Very nice!

Is that an MKIII or MKIV? How do you like the fluted barrel (If you've tried the unfluted)? What are the scope rings and scope? Is it a match chamber? Inquiring minds want to know this stuff!

It's a MK3 but for a very reasonable fee (think around $200) they would take it back and "upgrade" it to a MK4. Haven't shot the unfluted barrel version, but from what I've followed online it's most important attribute is to reduce the weight of the barrel overall. Now I'm not exactly a scrawny guy by any means, but trying to lift it to shoot it offhand is still a struggle. (The 36" is comparable to holding a 40lb dumbell out with your left hand) I think mostly because the stock is so long it pushes the center of gravity back further and puts more weight on the barrel end whereas a short stock would give you a position more manageable balance on the weight. Scope is Leupold 20x adjustable [smile]

IMG_0957.jpg

Bulgarian matching kit with a virgin (not matching to the kit) barrel on a NDS-3, buttone up with a K-Var bulgarian sight rail. K-Var US plum stock set and Arsenal trigger group. Even neutered for MA- brake and lug are welded up. FML

Looks great! I definitely need to look into doing a kit build.

You should set up a build party.

Looks great! I definitely need to look into doing a kit build.

You should set up a build party.

A build party would be fun. There might be enough interest for something like that. I have tools that allow me to get one together over a long period of time, but if you add a drill press, shop press, or welder (depending on how you'd MA-ize your muzzle attachment), it could turn into an event that could take as little as a day or two.

What kind of costs are involved with a kit build? I may be interested in something like that too.

If you were to do a generic Romanian "G" 7.62x39 AKM, you could get away with $250 for a kit and US barrel (ak-builder.com) or $300 for a kit with original barrel (www.whatacountry.com) and then add a economy Nodakspud receiver for $55+transfer fee, and then a rivet set from ak-builder.com for $10ish. This is if you go to a build pary where all the tools are available to you.

That's bare minimum. You'd want a tapco trigger group for $30, and probably some other 922r stuff like furniture, pistol grip, etc. Silver solder for the muzzle and then call it a day.

how do you rivet the reciever together ?

I have a bolt cutter with modified jaws to squeeze the short rivets. Then I used a long rivet jig and a big bench vise with cheater bar to get the long ones done. This weekend I'll put up a "how to build an AKM in your living room" post in the built it yourself section of this forum.

I'm going to toss up a topic in the member's section to gauge the interest, investigate the logistics, etc.

Last edited:
A build party would be fun. There might be enough interest for something like that. I have tools that allow me to get one together over a long period of time, but if you add a drill press, shop press, or welder (depending on how you'd MA-ize your muzzle attachment), it could turn into an event that could take as little as a day or two.

ever build a milled receiver kit?

Springer

Recently I've had to sell off some my toys due to grad school and a baby on the way :( But my sweetie OK'd one last purchase to cheer me up a bit. I was going to get a kimber desert warrior, but Springfield's warranty ended up being the tie breaker. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it stock or send it in to SA's custom shop. Guess I'll just shoot for a while and decide. It's a SA MC Operator.

005-4.jpg

Recently I've had to sell off some my toys due to grad school and a baby on the way :( But my sweetie OK'd one last purchase to cheer me up a bit. I was going to get a kimber desert warrior, but Springfield's warranty ended up being the tie breaker. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it stock or send it in to SA's custom shop. Guess I'll just shoot for a while and decide. It's a SA MC Operator.

005-4.jpg

Nice pickup!

I just had an acquisition this week, 8 boxes of 20 gauge sabot slugs. I'm a bit nauseous of what it cost me.

Doesn't look like it needs much at all! What would you do to it?

Might be a bit premature as this rifle is not in hand yet, but I closed the deal tonight. CPA Steven's 44 1/2 Silhouette style rifle in 40/70 Sharps Straight. Has a 32 inch barrel, soule sight, adjustable globe front with spirit level, scope blocks, upgraded wood and traditional Steven's style checkering. Comes with reloading dies and brass. I am so pumped.

CPA.jpg

PICT0381.jpg

PICT0380.jpg

PICT0379.jpg

Might be a bit premature as this rifle is not in hand yet, but I closed the deal tonight. CPA Steven's 44 1/2 Silhouette style rifle in 40/70 Sharps Straight. Has a 32 inch barrel, soule sight, adjustable globe front with spirit level, scope blocks, upgraded wood and traditional Steven's style checkering. Comes with reloading dies and brass. I am so pumped.

Wow!....Just Wow!

Back
Top Bottom