New Acquisitions for November 2010

The coupon actually came in the mail on the back of a Hunting Gear flyer. That was where I actually saw the gun to begin with. There was also a coupon for 100 score points with any hunting purchase, and a coupon for 20 percent off purchase of one of the brands of hunting gear. I find Dick's offers a lot of coupons, however not all of them will apply to guns and ammo although they will usually apply to all other accessories.

I guess I never received that one. I did get one with 100 bonus points on anything, then 50 bonus points on outerwear, but nothing 25 off 125. I'd go snag one of those marlins too.

Snagged this rare find over the weekend.
Sig Sauer P220 DA/SA .22lr, slim grip and it included two mags! [shocked]

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

IMGP0570.jpg

Savage 220F - Tough gun to find these days with hunting season around the corner.

I just got one of these a few months ago... Entered in my club's slug shoot for first time, and I ended up winning it. This shotgun will do 1" groups at a 100 with the right ammo, and I can do cloverleafs consistently at 50 yards.

Also, due to long action, it can be tricky to put a scope on this thing. I ended up getting a Warne Maxima tactical base (and rings) instead of a 2 piece base, which lets you mount any scope you want (otherwise the scope has to be really really long, which limits you severely). I went with a Nikon SlugHunter BDC scope for 20 gauge slugs, great combo.

Last edited:
New to me Gen 2.5 Glock 20. Came with 3-10 round mags, 3-15 round mags, galco holster, double mag pouch, and 3 boxes of 10mm self defense ammo. Next will be to get one with a rail to be used as a bedside gun.

a6898b15-caac-a2b3.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture!

You don't need a rail. I have one of these, just fire a warning shot and use the light from the flame to see what you need to see. You might want to purchase a fire extinguisher tho to keep next to the bed.

I just got one of these a few months ago... Entered in my club's slug shoot for first time, and I ended up winning it. This shotgun will do 1" groups at a 100 with the right ammo, and I can do cloverleafs consistently at 50 yards.

Also, due to long action, it can be tricky to put a scope on this thing. I ended up getting a Warne Maxima tactical base (and rings) instead of a 2 piece base, which lets you mount any scope you want (otherwise the scope has to be really really long, which limits you severely). I went with a Nikon SlugHunter BDC scope for 20 gauge slugs, great combo.

Great! Would you mind PMing me the part numbers?

Been a while but now ready for the zombies:
Sig 556 SCM
Stock photo:
556SCM-Detail1.jpg

This thing feels solid in your hands and is nicely balanced. Came with the holographic site as well.
Once again Northshore Firearms exceeds all expectations!

SAKO TRG-22 I plan on taking the SIG Precision Rifle course. Gun was purchased at Northshore firearms great guys!

IMG_1048.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1045.jpg
[/IMG]

Boy, Frosty, it looks like you can "reach out and touch someone" with that rig... where can I shoot it? [grin]

Frosty, what kind of glass is it? Looks like it's all rubber and durable as can be!

It's an old Tasco 3v9x40 rubber armored scope. I've had it since the mid 90's? I can't find it on the Tasco website so I am assuming that it is out of production. I had a heck of a time mounting it. It came with rings that were apparently special for it (for the rubber coating I assume) and with a base that fits in the hole on the A2/A3 carry handle. This puts it pretty far above the stock. I wanted to put it on a flattop to see how it works. I finally found a riser that would work with it after a two-day search around here. I'm going to zero it at 50 yards and go from there.

Just found this, check out some of the posts for some history:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=453977

Last edited:
really nice wood on that Mossie! Nice pick-up. I have that model. It was my first gun--handed down from a relative when I was 16. It's my favorite .22--very accurate and fun to shoot.

2 New to me.

025.jpg

Norinco 1911. Put 100 rounds through on Saturday. My first 1911....love it. Already want another to Rowland. Price was right on this one for me.

048edit.jpg

Taurus is the 444 UL...28 oz 44 mag.
Surprised how well the grip on the Taurus absorbed recoil.

I bought the new large safe this summer partly to accomodate Nicole and her guns, but also because of a certain acquisition that was in the works. Parts of it have been here for awhile, but the last pieces arrived today...

Nestled in safely for the ride home
PB160001.jpg

A first look....
PB160002.jpg

PB160003.jpg

And the full setup.

P9110038.jpg

P9110045.jpg

And all tucked in for the night.

PB160013.jpg

Yes, those are twin Ma Deuces. Full auto. Oh yes. [smile]
[party]

Now can we have a shoot on a Sunday???? [wink]

I bought the new large safe this summer partly to accomodate Nicole and her guns, but also because of a certain acquisition that was in the works. Parts of it have been here for awhile, but the last pieces arrived today...

Nestled in safely for the ride home
PB160001.jpg

A first look....
PB160002.jpg

PB160003.jpg

And the full setup.

P9110038.jpg

P9110045.jpg

And all tucked in for the night.

PB160013.jpg

Yes, those are twin Ma Deuces. Full auto. Oh yes. [smile]
[party]

Now can we have a shoot on a Sunday???? [wink]

I have to ask, what pickup truck is in the back? Looks old, and I love old trucks!

Back
Top Bottom