New Acquisitions for November 2010

Might be a bit premature as this rifle is not in hand yet, but I closed the deal tonight. CPA Steven's 44 1/2 Silhouette style rifle in 40/70 Sharps Straight. Has a 32 inch barrel, soule sight, adjustable globe front with spirit level, scope blocks, upgraded wood and traditional Steven's style checkering. Comes with reloading dies and brass. I am so pumped.

CPA.jpg

PICT0381.jpg

PICT0380.jpg

PICT0379.jpg

You don't find those everyday, or year for that matter. Stunning , just stunning !

So I was told that I was getting a "Right Arm of the Free World" parts kit, and this pile of garbage that looks like a fawking AR-15 after firing one magazine shows up on my doorsetp...

IMAG0561.jpg

Now what am I going to do with myself? I guess I'll just toss it all in a gallon zip lock bag and shake it like a red headed step child and see what happens. I'm sure a AR-15 or some other air gun will pop out or something.

Very nice. Who's receiver are you going to use, Coonan or DSA?

Very nice. Who's receiver are you going to use, Coonan or DSA?

DSA, and one that can take the carry handle. I'm not sure what type that is, or what "reinforcement" pattern I want yet, but it'll be a DSA make.

I think I've located a LH thread LSE(?) machined Belgian style short muzzle brake that'll work with this barrel and keep it looking like the Argentine clone I'll be building out of it. I kind of like the "black as night" look of it, and US compliant furniture will be easy to find.

Although, Ironwood Designs is about to re-release their FAL wood line... and from the sneak peaks, I might turn it into a frankenFAL with some of that purdy wood. There's just something about a FAL with wood furniture that looks so... awesome.

I mean, hell, I already have a STG bipod for it. Might as well go full retard with it.

If you need to use my tools let me know. I've got the receiver wrench, go/no go gauges and pins for setting headspace. I also got some silver solder for the muzzle brake as well as some product from Midway that you put all over the barrel - prevents transmission of heat when using a Mapgas torch to install the muzzle device. Let me know. I live in SE MA.

Picked up a Mossberg 500 with 24" slug barrel from Fil last week for a backup during my week long hunting trip this past week. While on the trip, I managed to stop in small local gun shop and grab an 18.5" slug barrel for it for $40. Ready for home defense and deer!

Back
Top Bottom