• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November 2010

Newest Colt

NIB unfired all paperwork. 1894-1994
Win94_30_30.jpg

And a Colt Collectors' Knife

Attachments

• peacemaker45knife.jpg
    peacemaker45knife.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Holsters!

I've been on a binge for fine leathers lately:

Del Fatti ISP-4 for HK P7M8 or P7M13:

DSC_0102sm.jpg

Del Fatti ISP-LP for HK P7M8/P7M13:

DSC_0101sm.jpg

Del Fatti OWB with Sharkskin trim for Ruger SP101 (so much more comfortable wearing around the house compared to the Xbreed Supertuck):

DSC_0103sm.jpg

Kramer Sheepskin IWB for J-frame S&W (when I'm feeling a little fru fru [rofl])

DSC_0105sm.jpg

DSC_0104sm.jpg

Not quite a "new" aquisition, but it's pretty much built except for the mag catch/trigger guard/safety stop. I am waiting on a few magazines before I rivet those onto my bulgarian boom stick.

Bulgarian matching kit, virgin barrel, bulgarian scope rail..... and all built in my living room with nothing more than a (few) big f*cking hammer(s), modified bolt cutters, hand punches, big bench vise mounted to a tv stand, and a few custom jigs that cost me less than $150 out the door.

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

I hope the birth of this rifle marks the end to Patrick and Coakley tonight.

Came out nice!

I experienced the frustration of drilling/pinning a FSB on my Saiga 410 last night. After a few hours and lots of swearing its got just a slight cant to it but nothing too bad.
I'd do a Saiga conversion one handed and blind folded before I pin another FSB again!

Came out nice!

I experienced the frustration of drilling/pinning a FSB on my Saiga 410 last night. After a few hours and lots of swearing its got just a slight cant to it but nothing too bad.
I'd do a Saiga conversion one handed and blind folded before I pin another FSB again!

that's impressive. FSB pinning is a little too rich for my blood. I had a buddy spot weld the brake to my FSB before I "pressed" it onto the barrel of the bulgie. Exchanged a few 10 round "hunting mags" for the service.

One of these days I'm going to get to a shoot that you're attending to oogle over all of your nice handywork.

S&W 1911 by Santurri LTD.

Quad port .45 ACP in stainless. C-More with blast shield on Wiegand mount. Ambi safety and extended slide stop. Not sure who makes the slide cocker. Any ideas?

100_4663.jpg

nice! make sure to try bulgarian 7.62x54r. My PSL (as well as a few of my friend's) loves it more than the russian. But russian light ball does better than any other stuff that I've tried, though.

Ive got a couple tins stashed away the russian is going to go in there. Ill try the bulgarian out first as thats what i have opened as well as a tin of hungarian that I have opened. Any experience with the polish light ball?

Last edited:
Ive got a couple tins stashed away the russian is going to go in there. Ill try the bulgarian out first as thats what i have opened as well as a tin of hungarian that I have opened. Any experience with the polish light ball that AIM still has in stock?

unfortunately, no. That's the only surplus that I haven't ran through it. Be sure to share in the ammunition seciton of your findings if you get the chance to run it.

correction: I haven't ever ran hungarian, either.

I've used czech, bulgarian, russian surplus and I've used wolf x54r as well. The wolf ended up being something stupid like $.50 a round, and was claimed as "match" grade or something, which is horseshit. It was the worst ammo I've shot through my PSL- underpowered and all over the paper.

In order of what I found to be best to worst: bulgarian, russian, czech, and then a far far last place: wolf. The bulgarian grouped very tight. The russian sometimes tended to be quite "hot".... which was alarming but kind of fun at the same time lol

Last edited:
and here's my new additions... '30 and '32 Mosin Nagant and a couple of Allen and Wheelocks. 1845ish .31 percussion pepperbox and a 1845ish 2nd model side hammer .32 rimfire revolver.

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 22
New to me Gen 2.5 Glock 20. Came with 3-10 round mags, 3-15 round mags, galco holster, double mag pouch, and 3 boxes of 10mm self defense ammo. Next will be to get one with a rail to be used as a bedside gun.

a6898b15-caac-a2b3.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture!

1.jpg

I decided I wanted a cheap .22 plinker I could put a scope on. I found this Marlin 795 at Dick's for 129.99, and I had a coupon for $25 off any hunting purchase over $125. I also had a $10 coupon from acquired score points. Then, on top of this Marlin was offering a $25 off rebate. The rifle ended up costing around $75.

The scope is a Simmons 22 Magnum. It sells for $50, and I had another coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase.

I think I did alright. It is accurate as hell too.

1.jpg

I decided I wanted a cheap .22 plinker I could put a scope on. I found this Marlin 795 at Dick's for 129.99, and I had a coupon for $25 off any hunting purchase over $125. I also had a $10 coupon from acquired score points. Then, on top of this Marlin was offering a $25 off rebate. The rifle ended up costing around $75.

The scope is a Simmons 22 Magnum. It sells for $50, and I had another coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase.

I think I did alright. It is accurate as hell too.

Nice deal! Where'd you find the coupon?

Back
Top Bottom