New acquisitions for November 2007...

Today I was out picking up a Gunvault and came across this, a Smith & Wesson 629 Classic. I looked it over with the advise I got here and it looks to be in good condition so I brought it home but it does need a good cleaning.

44Magnum003.jpg

44Magnum005.jpg

44Magnum008.jpg

44Magnum006.jpg

Very nice classy iron there. [smile]

So here we go so far.

1)FNH PS90 Triple Rail With a Eotech 551, Streamlight TLR-2, FNH 3 point sling, and Magazine parts offset extended side rails. I have a few others on the way for it but i got sick of waiting for CMMG to ship.
2) Magnum Research (IMI) Desert Eagle XIX in .50AE

DSC_1003.jpg

Hell yeah! Nice DE (the PS90 is cool too though). I'll be bring mine to the shoot as well. Maybe a volley is in order?

A MAS 36 that started off looking like this in October
DSCF0695.jpg

and with a few surplus parts in November, now looks 95% of it's original appearance, if they only hadn't cut down the barrel so much
DSCF0733.jpg

A fun project with a total investment of $164.40! And a very accurate shooter.

I swear I was "DONE" for 2007. There was going to be "NO MORE". I only went to Zero Hour to shoot the bull and kill some time. Then I saw this on the wall. When I was told it came with case and six mags, it followed me home. The best part is, when I told my bride, she said, "OK. Whatever."

TommyGun.jpg

I swear I was "DONE" for 2007. There was going to be "NO MORE". I only went to Zero Hour to shoot the bull and kill some time. Then I saw this on the wall. When I was told it came with case and six mags, it followed me home. The best part is, when I told my bride, she said, "OK. Whatever."
Is it following you to the Pumpkin Shoot on Saturday?

TommyGun.jpg

You will love it!!!!

If you Jim and I bring our tommy guns to the P-shoot there will be nothing left for the others to shoot.

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

Now we have to get full auto t- guns.

Fred

Is it following you to the Pumpkin Shoot on Saturday?
Sorry, Not planning on this one.

You will love it!!!!

Fred
I do love it. I went to the club today and 79 rounds were gone in no time. This will be an expensive mouth to feed. The great thing is my reloads (230 grain FMJ) worked flawlessly.[smile]

Gentlemen, those T-guns are awesome!
Stony , I saw that at ZHA the last time I was there and the temptation was great, Glad another NES't got it.

Fred

I know where two are sitting collecting dust. A 1927 and a 1928 IIRC. One has the Cutts compensator on it and stick mags. Never saw any drums, although they may have been stashed in a drawer somewhere.

They belong to the PD, are fully transferable but aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I know where two are sitting collecting dust. A 1927 and a 1928 IIRC. One has the Cutts compensator on it and stick mags. Never saw any drums, although they may have been stashed in a drawer somewhere.

They belong to the PD, are fully transferable but aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Email sent

First Revolver: S&W686

IMG_0090-small.jpg

Hey guys,

Well, I missed the Pumpkin Shoot today, but I DID pick this up today from Match Shot in Gardner! My first round gun.

I've loved this gun every time I shot it. It'll be around for a while.[grin]

SA trigger on this is sweet. Very light and crisp. DA is pretty smooth and reasonably light. I'm guessing it has had some work done to it.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Last edited:
Excellent choice Matt! Is it new or used? I've handled a few new ones at various shops and the triggers were very good on all of them out of the box, particularly SA. I can imagine them becoming even sweeter with some use.

Excellent choice Matt! Is it new or used? I've handled a few new ones at various shops and the triggers were very good on all of them out of the box, particularly SA. I can imagine them becoming even sweeter with some use.

Used. I found a reasonable deal on it. Plus, no internal lock. I'll try to make it down to the range with it tomorrow, if work allows.

Here they are

Here are the 3 rifles I won in Glenn's karma giveaway.

100_0414.jpg

I've already found a complete stock set for the Arg. Mauser and will be reshaping the bolt probably Monday at work.[smile]

A different bolt may give me the desired headspace I need for the Turk. My field gauge and a trip to the next gun show may fix that without barrel work.
The MAS parts hunt looks like the most challenging. I'll be keeping my eyes open and sending out feeler posts to the French rifle forums to see what turns up.
Either way the next picture I take of any of them will be when all 3 are totally complete and ready for the range. That'll be in the surplus forums.[wink]

Used. I found a reasonable deal on it. Plus, no internal lock. I'll try to make it down to the range with it tomorrow, if work allows.
Did you make down yesterday? If so how did it shoot? I heard firing from the club several times throughout the day, but just couldn't make it down; too many leaves on the lawn calling my name [sad2]

Glad you are happy with them. I have had to move away from the bolt actions unless I reload the ammo for less recoil, (bad shoulders) and those 3 (with the exception of the 1909) I have never been in love with.
Look forward to seeing the pics in the future.

Here are the 3 rifles I won in Glenn's karma giveaway.

I've already found a complete stock set for the Arg. Mauser and will be reshaping the bolt probably Monday at work.[smile]

A different bolt may give me the desired headspace I need for the Turk. My field gauge and a trip to the next gun show may fix that without barrel work.
The MAS parts hunt looks like the most challenging. I'll be keeping my eyes open and sending out feeler posts to the French rifle forums to see what turns up.
Either way the next picture I take of any of them will be when all 3 are totally complete and ready for the range. That'll be in the surplus forums.[wink]

Did you make down yesterday? If so how did it shoot? I heard firing from the club several times throughout the day, but just couldn't make it down; too many leaves on the lawn calling my name [sad2]

I was there from ~1:30-3pm. Shot nice. .357mag kicks nicely[smile].

Matt

Back
Top Bottom