New acquisitions for November 2007...

After the thread about the "badass" carbine, and considering the perpetual sale on 9mm at Dicks...
IMG_0433.jpg

May I present the poor man's CX4, aka the Hi-point 995.
The ATI stock was a little obstinate but with the help of a Dremel and a few choice words I learned in the Navy it came together OK!

After the thread about the "badass" carbine, and considering the perpetual sale on 9mm at Dicks...
May I present the poor man's CX4, aka the Hi-point 995.
The ATI stock was a little obstinate but with the help of a Dremel and a few choice words I learned in the Navy it came together OK!
Nice.
It's a fun rifle. Funny how you had to Dremel your ATI. Mine dropped right in.

When I first assembled it, the cross bolts were canted. I filed away until the holes in the stock were larger and got the bolts to mate up. Then when it was all together, the action would bind about 2/3 of the way back. Long story short, it wasn't the receiver cover that was binding, it was the plastic receiver cover plate in the back (over the rubber buffer) - it was thick enough so that the breech bolt was getting wedged under it when it moved back. I wound up pulling the cover and thinning it down with the Dremel to eliminate the binding. Works much better now, if I get a chance it goes to the range in the morning. I'm guessing with some firing any parts that still rub will smooth out and mate.

Today I was out picking up a Gunvault and came across this, a Smith & Wesson 629 Classic. I looked it over with the advise I got here and it looks to be in good condition so I brought it home but it does need a good cleaning.

44Magnum003.jpg

44Magnum005.jpg

44Magnum008.jpg

44Magnum006.jpg

So here we go so far.

1)FNH PS90 Triple Rail With a Eotech 551, Streamlight TLR-2, FNH 3 point sling, and Magazine parts offset extended side rails. I have a few others on the way for it but i got sick of waiting for CMMG to ship.
2) Magnum Research (IMI) Desert Eagle XIX in .50AE

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_1006.jpg

DSC_1003.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

NICE FN.....[smile]
So here we go so far.

1)FNH PS90 Triple Rail With a Eotech 551, Streamlight TLR-2, FNH 3 point sling, and Magazine parts offset extended side rails. I have a few others on the way for it but i got sick of waiting for CMMG to ship.
2) Magnum Research (IMI) Desert Eagle XIX in .50AE

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_1006.jpg

DSC_1003.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

Sorry, camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger or a spare battery....

Ruger MkII w/target barrel.

PS: sorry dwarven1.

Two new Handguns I picked up last week... I got a thing for unfluted cylinders.

Both will be sent out to my gunsmith for a little custom work. [wink]

S&W Model 29 Hunter, 6" .44 mag
IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

S&W 686-6, 7-Shot, 5" barrel, .357 mag
IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Not many of these front ends around, production seems to be very slow. She's a little easier to bring to the shoulder now, it's almost a natural feeling... witch is quite a change from before!

Was curious how you liked the "PS90"type fore-front...? Had never seen one on the 2000...cool!

I just picked up a new Walther PPS a couple of weeks ago, and my girlfriend finally left the house without the camera, so here's some pics.

DSCN1472.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1475.jpg

6 Round Magazine

DSCN1476.jpg

7 Round Magazine

DSCN1477.jpg

8 Round Magazine

Back
Top Bottom