New acquisitions for May 2007

I suspect that the holsters/lanyards are repro with modern day materials.

Don't be too sure. Nagant revolvers were rearsenaled and put away with new goodies that never got used. Many of the holsters we see coming in with milsurp handguns today are unissued. I know my CZ82 holster is so new its stiff but yet has all original Czech markings.
You'll love shooting them Len. Very little recoil and pretty quiet, almost like a .22 revolver. I keep debating on ordering one of the target models.

BTW... I think many of you are dragging your feet on getting a CZ82. I don't usually get turned on by handguns but take it from me when I say at $200 they are the best deals in milsurps today!

3914Right.jpg

3914Left.jpg

From The Collector's Gallery. S&W 3914 9mm. Made sometime in 1991 from the serial number. A bit dirty when I got it, but it cleaned up nicely.

Now for a holster and second magazine.

Gary

I waited today like a school-kid for the BBT to deliver these beauties. 1929 and 1940 mfr Tula Nagant 1895 revolvers.

494051.JPG

494052.JPG

I was always told that my Grandfather was an officer in the Czar's Army before escaping Russia sometime in the early 191xs. If so, I guess he may have carried a sidearm like these! [grin]

My Wife's reaction to this purchase was very different than the past. She agreed that this was quite a good deal and she really wants to see them!

I suspect that the holsters/lanyards are repro with modern day materials.

Those are lovely. I like em very much.

Picked this up yesterday. Finn'ed 1941 Izhevsk M91/30. Major parts appear to be factory matched, smaller parts all Izhevsk too. M39 cleaning rod and a nice Finn stock. Has a nice shiny bore too!

f9130.jpg

Picked this up yesterday. Finn'ed 1941 Izhevsk M91/30. Major parts appear to be factory matched, smaller parts all Izhevsk too. M39 cleaning rod and a nice Finn stock. Has a nice shiny bore too!

f9130.jpg

Nice stock, and a fairly rare shape to it too. Did you get it locally or through mail? If from a distributor PM me if there are any more left.

finally picked her up yesterday...

05_11_1.jpg

05_11_0.jpg

and i just found out that this gun is the 11707 model...not the 1014 model which means i got an even better deal on an even rarer gun i guess

I looked at that 3914 a dozen times. My office is on the same block as Colector's. That is a nice looking pistol. I should have bought it. Good choice.

3914Right.jpg

3914Left.jpg

From The Collector's Gallery. S&W 3914 9mm. Made sometime in 1991 from the serial number. A bit dirty when I got it, but it cleaned up nicely.

Now for a holster and second magazine.

Gary

I looked at that 3914 a dozen times. My office is on the same block as Colector's. That is a nice looking pistol. I should have bought it. Good choice.

I didn't hesitate long at all. It's shows little wear, although it needed a good cleaning. I've ordered extra magazines from Midway and will order a holster from Mika. I figure that this will make a nice compact carry weapon.

Gary

Still waiting to hear back from CMP but got the first of 3 placeholders...the $35 Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant, which is cleaning up remarkably well:
IMG_0418.jpg

Well... it's not a gun, but it's my new acquisition. Just need to go down and pick it up.

1986 BMW R80RT - basically the same bike that I currently have, except with 1 extra brake disk, 800CC instead of 650, and a fairing.

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

Ross, it looks like it comes complete with bullet-holes in the fairing!
Previous owner is a mechanical engineer who made some modifications himself - the fairing has large holes allow some air to pass through and the smaller holes are for mounting the upper (clear) part of the shield in winter. I actually like what he's done; there was just enough wind to keep me cool but not enough to be uncomfortable (which is why I'm buying a faired bike in the first place!!).

Back
Top Bottom