• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for May 2007

show_image.html

Para 1911 In 38 super,

Last edited:
A pair of Smiths

All the demonstrations by the criminaliens on May 1st got me thinking about striking a blow for truth, justice, and the American way, so I headed off to visit my nominee for "Superman" (Carl at Four Seasons) and came back with these two beauties:

106_0697A.jpg

That's a Model 25-2 in .45 ACP in the back and a nearly mint Model 19-3 (.357, 'natch) in the foreground. Both with the pinned barrels and no stinkin' locks, just the way I like 'em. (No stinkin' stainless either, but I know others here would disagree). My humble photographic skills do not do these classic wheelguns justice.

All the demonstrations by the criminaliens on May 1st got me thinking about striking a blow for truth, justice, and the American way, so I headed off to visit my nominee for "Superman" (Carl at Four Seasons) and came back with these two beauties:

That's a Model 25-2 in .45 ACP in the back and a nearly mint Model 19-3 (.357, 'natch) in the foreground. Both with the pinned barrels and no stinkin' locks, just the way I like 'em. (No stinkin' stainless either, but I know others here would disagree). My humble photographic skills do not do these classic wheelguns justice.

Dick! those are great!

Commercial M1 carbine - Plainfield model. Picked up on Tuesday night, which actually makes it the first acquisition this month. [smile]

Just came back from a range trip, so she's still a little dirty. But she's a fun girl, and a JERSEY girl, too! (Yeah, I'm from Jersey - and no, I won't tell you what exit!)

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

Last edited:

Nice Revolvers, very pretty. Gives me a hankering for another wheel gun.

Gary

Another 98 variant found a new home last night.
This baby is made by Heym, and one out of only 84 sold to the
Dept. of Justice of my home state in April of 1960.
It's condition tells, that it pretty much never left the armory
Imagine 8x57 Mauser in the jail house[smile]
Heym2.jpg

Heym1.jpg

It may be ugly, but I have to wonder more about it's ugly life - where it's been and what it's done. I bet it's seen and done some really horrible things.

I confess to knowing next to nothing about collectible military firearms, especially foreign ones. I'm guessing that the Nambu was a Japanese sidearm from WW2? What caliber is it? Do you ever shoot a gun like that? Is there any way of finding out its history?

I confess to knowing next to nothing about collectible military firearms, especially foreign ones. I'm guessing that the Nambu was a Japanese sidearm from WW2? What caliber is it? Do you ever shoot a gun like that? Is there any way of finding out its history?

Yup it was the #1 sidearm of the Japs right thru the war. It's 8mm and since I just got the gun but haven't yet got any ammo for it, it's not been fired by me yet..but it will be.

History...unlikely it would be available anywhere.

106_0697A.jpg

greenwithenvy.gif
greenwithenvy.gif
greenwithenvy.gif

106_0697A.jpg

WOW !!
Gotta love them blue guns !
Here's my M27-2
Elfenbein2.jpg

Hey!!!!!! [frown]

It may be ugly, but I have to wonder more about it's ugly life - where it's been and what it's done. I bet it's seen and done some really horrible things.

Not nearly as ugly as a Japanese Type 94... (not only ugly, but potentially dangerous to the person carrying one).

t94142right.jpg

Just about every Japanese WW-II firearm is bizarre or downright fugly looking.
Not at all important in a service weapon, but you have to wonder what the designers were thinking when they crafted these things.

Just about every Japanese WW-II firearm is bizarre or downright fugly looking.
Not at all important in a service weapon, but you have to wonder what the designers were thinking when they crafted these things.

They were thinking how can I make this as cheap as possible?? Very cool gun Pilgrim.

I need to work on my photography, but fedex came today with my 2 new arrivals.

A pair of German Gew 88 manufactured by Spandau in 1890

6czd72s.jpg

First thing in the morning, they're getting stripped, cleaned & polished

Finally got my very own EBR!! Bushmaster XM-15 ES2:
XM15.jpg

Picked up a steel and aluminum mag, all they had. I thought they were 30's(I don't know why), but I soon found out they were 20's. Only could afford 60 rounds at the time of purchase hehe, but it was quite the experience pulling the trigger on the first round. So much louder than I expected, and insanely fast with the recoil of a .22. Needless to say, I <3 this gun.

EDIT: I picked it up used for $820 OTD w/2 mags, 60 rounds, and taxes. There are some scratches on the stock, but other than that, it looks like it was hardly fired.

Last edited:
Commercial M1 carbine - Plainfield model. Picked up on Tuesday night, which actually makes it the first acquisition this month. [smile]

Just came back from a range trip, so she's still a little dirty. But she's a fun girl, and a JERSEY girl, too! (Yeah, I'm from Jersey - and no, I won't tell you what exit!)

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

Ross,

Thanks for buying this gun. It was going to get me in trouble with Mrs. G. [smile]

Hey, I bought my gun for the month. I don't have to buy another one until the end of next month... I tell ya, this one gun a month thing is going to get expensive.

Back
Top Bottom