• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2011

Benelli SNT + Beretta 1201-FP
The SNT is going under the knife tomorrow to shorten LOP

Benelliberetta2.jpg

BenelliBeretta-1.jpg

Picked up a Para Warthog today:

I've read a lot of strong opinions about this gun, going both ways, hopefully this one turns out to be trouble free.

This is also my first .45

Some nice guns you got there folks!

Just completed my latest AR15 build:
carbinesm.jpg

Delaware machinery lower w/ergo suregrip.
Dpms lpk w/wolff hammer spring
A2 buttstock w/ Troy A4 qd swivel plate.
Specter gear CST 3 point sling
M4 Upper from a bravo company group buy awhile back
RemSport 16" stainless 1:9 twist barrel in 5.56, bead blasted
Carlson Mini comp muzzle device (perm attached, MA ugh!)
YHM lightweight rifle length quad rail
Troy fixed front and folding rear sights
Primary Arms micro dot red dot sight (aimpoint clone)
Primary Arms 3x magnifier in a flip to side mount
Some vertical fore grip, maybe knights armament?

Last edited:
Just finished my first AR15 lower build. So easy to put together and glad I did it instead of buying one complete.

Smith and Wesson M&P15 Lower.
Magpul Grip.
Ace Skeleton Stock.
Spikes Tactical LPK.
Magpul PMAG.

Upper coming soon!

a484e527.png

Picked this up this month , Sig P6 side showed a bit of wear but the frame really didn't and the internals were cherry , had the slide refinished in satin-mag cerakote from Business end customs and Lou did an great job , I would highly recommend them to anyone

here it as it came

SigP6.jpg

SigP6-3.jpg

after the cerakote

Sigcerakote4.jpg

SigCerakote2.jpg

All I need is some after-market grips and call this one done.

Could you give a status report as to how durable the Cerakote will be? Wondering how it would hold up after thousands of rounds and daily carry.

Thx.

Picked this up this month , Sig P6 side showed a bit of wear but the frame really didn't and the internals were cherry , had the slide refinished in satin-mag cerakote from Business end customs and Lou did an great job , I would highly recommend them to anyone

here it as it came

SigP6.jpg

SigP6-3.jpg

after the cerakote

Sigcerakote4.jpg

SigCerakote2.jpg

All I need is some after-market grips and call this one done.

Picked up a Para Warthog today:

I've read a lot of strong opinions about this gun, going both ways, hopefully this one turns out to be trouble free.

This is also my first .45

Where did you get it? I've been wanting one for a while.
Best of luck with it!

Thank you, I picked it up at Four Seasons. I'm pretty sure I grabbed it the day it showed up there under their used gun section. I haven't shot it yet so we'll see, but I love the feel of it.

Thank you, I picked it up at Four Seasons. I'm pretty sure I grabbed it the day it showed up there under their used gun section. I haven't shot it yet so we'll see, but I love the feel of it.

Yeah they are pretty badass looking. One of the employees there is selling hers ...... buts its the 9mm.
They are had to come by new.
Let us know how you like it once you get to fire it.

Justin

I just picked up this new to me S&W Sigma 9mm and some accessories from another member:

0129011644.jpg

Last edited:
Nice beretta! What's the difference between a beretta 92fs and m9?

Also, nice Kahr! Glad to see you found a non-massified version. I -really- don't like what they had to do to it to make it dealer-sales compliant.

Great choice.

Thanks, I'm just hoping I like it. I have wanted one for a few years now. That gun finishes off a busy month for me buying and selling guns and mags. Its been a lot of fun though [grin]

I was able to add a lot of nice stuff to my collection that was on my "want to get" list this month

I think the only real difference in the 92fs and the m9 is the name. I don't notice a difference between what i carried in the service and my 92fs now. Not 100% sure.

I think the only real difference in the 92fs and the m9 is the name. I don't notice a difference between what i carried in the service and my 92fs now. Not 100% sure.

The differences between the M9 and 92FS:
The M9 usually has a straight dustcover and non-radiused backstrap (Contract Pistols will always be straight/straight)
The 92FS (recent model) has a radiused backstrap and angled dustcover
M9 markings (including proof markings and cage # markings)
M9 lacks the warning to read owner's manual
The rear sight of the 92FS has 2 dots, whereas the M9 has a single half-moon
M9 (unless special or limited edition) comes in cardboard box, with no plastic hard case

All model 92/M9/M9A1/96/90Two model barrels are made the same way.

All other aspects of 92FS and M9 are similar/identical. This includes warnings and polymer coated parts.

NOTE: The first M9 pistols were built to the F specification. While uncommon, there are some old M9 slides around that will not go on a 92FS frame since they lack the milled channel for the FS hammer pin head to ride in.

Picked up Ruger New Vaquero yesterday in .357 magnum, used a gift card and I also picked up some ammo and mags, and after the gift card deduction ironically the bill came to $357.

DSCN0291.jpg

For some kicks I added some things.

DSCN0293.jpg

Picked up Ruger New Vaquero yesterday in .357 magnum, used a gift card and I also picked up some ammo and mags, and after the gift card deduction ironically the bill came to $357.

DSCN0291.jpg

For some kicks I added some things.

DSCN0293.jpg

Nice! I want one, where did you get it?

Great post. Beat me to it!
+1!

The differences between the M9 and 92FS:
The M9 usually has a straight dustcover and non-radiused backstrap (Contract Pistols will always be straight/straight)
The 92FS (recent model) has a radiused backstrap and angled dustcover
M9 markings (including proof markings and cage # markings)
M9 lacks the warning to read owner's manual
The rear sight of the 92FS has 2 dots, whereas the M9 has a single half-moon
M9 (unless special or limited edition) comes in cardboard box, with no plastic hard case

All model 92/M9/M9A1/96/90Two model barrels are made the same way.

All other aspects of 92FS and M9 are similar/identical. This includes warnings and polymer coated parts.

NOTE: The first M9 pistols were built to the F specification. While uncommon, there are some old M9 slides around that will not go on a 92FS frame since they lack the milled channel for the FS hammer pin head to ride in.

Back
Top Bottom