New Acquisitions for January 2011

IMGP0649.jpg

Not a new gun, but took the POS Bushnell Banner scope off and put on a Sightron 2.5x-20mm. MUCH better. Also added a bipod that I picked up at Bass Pro. Shotgun is perfect now for hunting season NEXT year.

IMGP0649.jpg

Not a new gun, but took the POS Bushnell Banner scope off and put on a Sightron 2.5x-20mm. MUCH better. Also added a bipod that I picked up at Bass Pro. Shotgun is perfect now for hunting season NEXT year.

Did you ever find any suitable ammo? How's it group? Any ejection issues?

I shouldn't be allowed to take pictures, but here's one from Gabriel's live auction tonight that took place in Norwood, MA. Colt Series 80 Mustang Plus II:

IMGP0652.jpg

IMGP0653.jpg

IMGP0654.jpg

I shouldn't be allowed to take pictures, but here's one from Gabriel's live auction tonight that took place in Norwood, MA. Colt Series 80 Mustang Plus II:

IMGP0652.jpg

IMGP0653.jpg

IMGP0654.jpg

Love it. My old man has one. He he's done a bit a work to it too.
I'd post pics but it's not a new acquisition

Last edited:
Streamlight TLR-1s
Going on my Beretta 96.

tlr1s.jpg

Using this mount:
TICK Rail Mount- Beretta 92/96 models

tick.jpg

Very nice. I was looking at tactical lights today as well. I'm undecided between the Streamlight TLR-1 and the Insight M3 LED. The look pretty similar and specs are about the same. I'm leaning towards the M3 only because it is a little lighter but the TLR-1 is also a tad cheaper but I'm not sure yet.

Love it. My old man has one. He he's done a bit a work to it too.
I'd post pics but it's not a new acquisition

What did he do to it? I want to keep it stock as possible for collectible value, but on the other hand the factory plastic guide rod really should get replaced by the Wolff one.

What did he do to it? I want to keep it stock as possible for collectible value, but on the other hand the factory plastic guide rod really should get replaced by the Wolff one.

Yup, he wanted all plastic removed so he changed the guide rod and the trigger (no idea why they used a plastic trigger in such a nice gun).
The safety had a very light action and it was very easy to unintentionally engage it between shots. Replaced with stronger spring.
The mag release was also too light causing the mag to begin releasing, obviously creating all types of jams. Replaced with 1911 spring, believe he cut it to fit per some forum tips.

Runs perfect.

Attachments

• Mstang2.jpg
    Mstang2.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
No guns (yet) this month, but I'm a gear whore too. So, courtesy of the Ballistic Reload link to the right, this just arrived:

View attachment 15194
View attachment 15195
View attachment 15193

It's a Hawkepak MA-62 (Navy). Should make an excellent range bag. Has loops for 6 AR-15 mags in exterior pocket and 4 velcro-close pistol magazines inside main compartment. There's also a pistol holster velcro'd to the interior compartment. A lot less bulky than the other bag I was using for range duty and with actual places to put stuff. And it was 50% off to boot.

Got a Sig P238 in Nitron with rosewood grips and nightsites

Picked it up at a small shop out in Pittsfield, Avid Sports after stopping in on a whim.

This thing feels awesome in my hand.

Stock image:

P238-SE-Rosewood-detail.jpg

Benelli Super Nova Tactical with Pistol Grip:

Still covered in oil!

Benelli SNT med.jpg

Benelli SNT med 2.jpg

Ghost ring sights:

Benelli SNT med 3.jpg

And a nice Taurus .22 revolver followed me home!

Taurus med 1.jpg

Taurus med 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom