New Acquisitions for January 2011

Just picked up this M&P .45c at the Manchester show for a great price. I have wanted one of these ( in this color ) since the first time I saw one at a dealer. I can't wait to shoot it!

MP45_resize.jpg

Next to my full size M&P 40.

MP45_MP9_resize.jpg

Some nice stuff folks! Here's mine:

This is technically from the last week of Dec. but I didn't post it. Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .45 LC:
ruger.jpg

G19 RTF2... [grenade]
g19.jpg

I've missed having a full size 1911 since I sold my S&W, so I got this:
sig1911.jpg

I got these last week. I picked up the BG last Thursday at FS when I was picking up my P228 I posted pictures of earlier in the thread. The other is a 1998 Sig P6 which i picked up from another NES member. Originally I was going to cerakote the P6 but its in such good shape I am going to keep it just how it is.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Last edited:
Bennelli SNT and S&W Bodyguard

Tonight I picked up my Bennelli SNT and the S&W Bodyguard I ordered from C&F - THANKS GUYS YOU ROCK! The Bennelli is just awesome. Gotta add some accessories though. The Bodyguard is a very nice little gun, hopefully get to shoot it this weekend. I took some pics of the Bodyguard with my G26 for comparison. It is much smaller, and very comfortable to hold. IF the redesigned take down pin doesn't eject itself into my eye, I should be good to go! I am a happy guy this evening! [grin]

Also, John at C&F showed me a spectacular pre-ban, heavy barrel, unfired, machined receiver, Chinese AK-47 he just picked up. It is just beautiful if anybody wants it. I wish I could have picked it up!

Bennelli%201_resize.JPG

Bodyguard_1_resize.JPG

Bodyguard_3_resize.JPG

Bodyguard_4_resize.JPG

Bodyguard_5_resize.JPG

Bodyguard_6_resize.JPG

Last edited:
Some nice stuff folks! Here's mine:

This is technically from the last week of Dec. but I didn't post it. Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .45 LC:
ruger.jpg

G19 RTF2... [grenade]
g19.jpg

I've missed having a full size 1911 since I sold my S&W, so I got this:
sig1911.jpg

Nice selections. I dry fired drgrant's Gen4 G17 and was impressed.

Have you fired the GSR yet? I have the same one and I think the extractor has too much tension. Sometimes the slide won't lock forward completely.

It's in name only, Rob. It's not restricted.

But... they'll probably have a new model out in 2 years anyway.

By the time Rob87 gets around to buying one, they will have completley changed the model of the rifle. [laugh]

-Mike

Nice selections. I dry fired drgrant's Gen4 G17 and was impressed.

Have you fired the GSR yet? I have the same one and I think the extractor has too much tension. Sometimes the slide won't lock forward completely.

I shot the GSR and I haven't had any issues with the lockup, but I have had a failure to lock -back- the slide after the last round. I put that down to the magazines though... I ordered some new ACT-MAGs that should be here shortly. That's all I used in my S&W and I never had a problem.

Picked this up @ FS yesterday. S&W CS 40

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1295017608698.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1295017608698.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 102
Technically this is a December transfer but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it. LNIB 2nd Gen Glock 19 with GML (guard mounted laser). This is how it came from the factory back in 1994. The wires go through the trigger guard and the batteries are stored where the plug usually goes behind the magazine. Gun has only had ~250 rounds through it and was sitting in a safe for the last 16 years.

glock19.jpg

Technically this is a December transfer but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it. LNIB 2nd Gen Glock 19 with GML (guard mounted laser). This is how it came from the factory back in 1994. The wires go through the trigger guard and the batteries are stored where the plug usually goes behind the magazine. Gun has only had ~250 rounds through it and was sitting in a safe for the last 16 years.

glock19.jpg

Nice find!

Well I jumped into the handgun pool today. I got an XD in 9mm. It is like new, and comes with a 3rd mag that doesn't even look like it has ever been loaded all for $390. I will be able to pick it up after the waiting period. So pics will have to wait. Can't wait to make it go bang.

Last edited:
Well I jumped into the handgun pool today. I got a S&W XD in 9mm. It is like new, and comes with a 3rd mag that doesn't even look like it has ever been loaded all for $390. I will be able to pick it up after the waiting period. So pics will have to wait. Can't wait to make it go bang.

Doesn't Springfield make the XD? Also did ya get the XD or XDM? I have a XDM 9 and love it. It just gets a little heavy when you have 20 rounds in it. [laugh]

Got my first 1911 today... S&W 1911PD full size.

img0186r.jpg

I got some black/gray Horned Lizard grips from Larry Davidson and installed them last night.

Last edited:
Savage Edge 308
2011-01-17_18-33-26_474.jpg

Had it for a few weeks, but I finally set up the base, rings and scope. I'll see how it shoots next weekend.

Nice bolt-action! Any pros/cons on the Savage vs a Remington 700? I'd like to get a nice bolt gun eventually, probably in .308.

Back
Top Bottom