New Acquisitions for January 2011

Got a Sig P238 in Nitron with rosewood grips and nightsites

Picked it up at a small shop out in Pittsfield, Avid Sports after stopping in on a whim.

This thing feels awesome in my hand.

Stock image:

P238-SE-Rosewood-detail.jpg

Sigs answer to the Colt Mustang is.... uhhh .... a Colt Mustang. Pretty much the exact same gun.
Most parts are interchangeable including the mags.
I've fired one and the sights are 1000X better then the Mustang - night sights must rock on this gun.
I love the look of model that you got. Tho I have to say, the titanium rainbow finish one is cool since it's pretty unique for factory.
Great friggin size pocket pistol, nice acquisition!

1937 Czechoslovakian Lion Crest Vz24, produced only from 1935-1939 (we know what happened in 1938). 8mm, bolt mismatch; receiver, barrel, stock, and hand guard match. About 30% blue on exposed parts, near perfect under wood. VG bore with slight roughness at muzzle. Import marked.

MS

This past weekend I degreased and oiled the stock. Turns out I had matching tiger stripes under all that crud. I detailed the process in the MilSurp section.

008.jpg

004-3.jpg

Last edited:
photo.jpg

The PTR 91 is brandy new, picked it up yesterday at Zero Hour in Easton (very friendly guys down there I might add) and the Maxpedition Versi Pack came via Fed Ex this morning. Looking forward to breaking in the PTR as soon as I join a Club with an outdoor range. [smile]

New S&W Bodyguard

Inside the pocket holster, next to 17" MBP
IMG_1165.jpg

Outside of holster, next to 17" MBP
IMG_1166.jpg

ROB87- It is a Remington 11-87 Police So far i just added the side shell carrier and the pistol grip stock. Next i am going to add the DMW easy loader. I picked it up used.

I just took home a stainless 44m Interarms Virginian Dragoon that I bought off a nice guy in Nashua I found the revolver on gun broker and I think that I got a smoking deal. I got the revolver & 2x simmons scope, a cartridge belt & holster, a box of winchester partition gold 250 gr. 44 mag, 140 mixed rounds of 44 spl, an extra set of grips, and an unopened bottle of clp for under $400 Here is a couple photos from the gunbroker listing.
dragoon1-1.jpg
dragoon2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I put this together today.

spr_upper.jpg

- WOA 18" SPR barrel
- VLTOR VIS rifle length upper receiver
- Young Chrome BCG
- BCM charging handle
- Battlecomp brake

spr_upper.jpg

- WOA 18" SPR barrel
- Young Chrome BCG
- BCM charging handle
- Battlecomp brake

Dead sexy! Never seen that kind of brake before. You'll have to range report it. [smile]

- WOA 18" SPR barrel
- Young Chrome BCG
- BCM charging handle
- Battlecomp brake

That is going to be an AWESOME shooter, very nice. Is it going on a rifle length stock?

Thanks! Yes, I got an ACE Skeleton stock.

This is the first time I've built an AR. I still need a LPK and after that, I'm done.

The full sized Ace or the stubby one? I think I still have a stubby one sitting in my safe. I ended up never using it.

I had to violate the vow not to buy any guns in Jan & Feb from just a week ago [laugh], as this came my way:
PPk-L (Dural) in .32 Br., used, but with matching box, tool, manual and spare mag.
$ 115 for the ensemble was relatively expensive and I'm aware that I'm paying a premium just because I wanted the matching box.
Used PPk's in .32 w/o accessories now run at approx. $ 65 over here[shocked]

4261a1ae.jpg

3968687d.jpg

a11f8818.jpg

29538a56.jpg

2eed8817.jpg

There are plenty of them and prices have come down for approx. 3 years now.
NIB are around $ 130, used w/o accessories no more than 50-80 Euros ($65-$100).
Fellow collectors have picked up some from estates just for the cost of the transfer.

It's in name only, Rob. It's not restricted.

But... they'll probably have a new model out in 2 years anyway.

[laugh]

Man... it just doesn't get old [smile]

Happy Birthday S&W Model 29-2

My Lady wanted to buy custom grips for my birthday. She asked a friend if they would work on a 460 XVR or a 500 magnum. Not a good idea he said.

So she went and bought a Model 29-2 that has been shot very little from a member here. [smile]
It came with the original presentation box and tools.

DSC00189.jpg

Custom cherry grips were made by Joe Cummings in Utah.
DSC00190.jpg

My Lady wanted to buy custom grips for my birthday. She asked a friend if they would work on a 460 XVR or a 500 magnum. Not a good idea he said.

So she went and bought a Model 29-2 that has been shot very little from a member here. [smile]
It came with the original presentation box and tools.

DSC00189.jpg

Custom cherry grips were made by Joe Cummings in Utah.
DSC00190.jpg

Nice...that's an awesome present

Back
Top Bottom