New Acquisitions for January 2010

It's only the 9th of January, and I already think I found the deal of the year:

BrowningHiPower1.jpg

BrowningHiPower2.jpg

Early Browning Hi Power, Mark III in beautiful condition. Came with 2 13 round mags, original Walnut grips and Pachmayr rubber grips. Paid $475 for it this morning. Giggity.

holy chit batman. Giggity, indeed! I'm guessing it was an estate sale?

Nope, just a really good guy (old timer at my club) who wasn't trying to turn a profit. I think he realized he didn't shoot the gun anymore, and wanted to pass it along to someone who would. I'm going to do the best I can to do it justice.

Just Picked up some new grips for my 1911, thought they were neat. Excuse the electrical tape on my serials.
P1000965.jpg

P1000967.jpg

P1000964.jpg

P1000970.jpg

Nope, just a really good guy (old timer at my club) who wasn't trying to turn a profit. I think he realized he didn't shoot the gun anymore, and wanted to pass it along to someone who would. I'm going to do the best I can to do it justice.

i completely hate you in the face! $475?!

seriously though that's an awesome deal on an awesome piece. i love hi-powers. [cheers]

Tony that is one heckofa find ! I'm diggin those grips ther JDubs, very nnice.

There's been some fine gUn Pr0n shown here lately !

Stay tuned folks, I had a good day in Manchester today...[wink]

I went to the gun show in Manchester to do a little horse tradin' today.
Boy did I have fun today ! Here's what I came home with;
85fe2f06.jpg

Clockwise fron center, a vintage tooled leather Case sheath for my Case Trapper which I've had since 1975, that's the original knife with the fob, then I found an identical vintage Case Trapper in much better shape than mine, with the same date code !

Jumping to the lower right - the perfect mouse gun, er ...OK. Zombie Rat Gun.
I scored a Bond Arms Snake Slayer (45LC & 3" .410) NIB. Then I was digging through a couple of boxes of misc. holsters in the hopes of finding something suitable for my new pocket cannon and then I found a Bond Arms holster at the bottom of the third box I dug through.

I even managed to find a couple boxes of 45LC and .410 000 buck before I left. [devil]

I stopped off at the range on the way home (Wouldn't you ? ) to try my new toy. I'll have a proper range report up in a day or so alls' I can say right now is ...Oh. My God. *Muzzle flash* ![shocked]

I consider my self so lucky I made another stop and got me some powerball tickets just in case I have a little bit of luck left over. [wink]

Clockwise fron center, a vintage tooled leather Case sheath for my Case Trapper which I've had since 1975, that's the original knife with the fob, then I found an identical vintage Case Trapper in much better shape than mine, with the same date code !

And here I thought I was the only one collecting old Case knives. Good score.

not guns, but going to be helping my shooting along QUITE a bit

giraud trimmer: haven't even had a chance to plug it in yet, no time the last two days!

giraud.jpg

and my new RayVin scope stand. i was using a creedmoor i got a local guy the last half of this past season, but once i tried out his new RayVin stand, i knew i was going to order it eventually. holy cow this this is stable!

rayvinstand.jpg

it was a treat to myself for finally breaking into the 180's offhand (181x0, 183x3, and 183x4 last few weekends)

Who laughed at me when I said the Kahr P9 was my last acquisition for ever???? [angry]
I hate them..... hehe

ok this really the last one ever.....I had to get it, it came free with 1016 rounds of 9mm(I'm totally not kidding)

Taurus PT 24/7 Pro DS in olive/black
I really like this pistol, the more I handle it, the more can't wait to shoot it....range report to come.

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02402.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

Its been ages since I started building this rifle and its finally ready for the range.

100_1442.jpg

100_1443.jpg

All Rock River with new NM trigger installed in the lower, Predator Pursuit upper with Warne tactical rings, SWFA SS 16x42 scope, and a Harris bipod. I may swap out the stock and grip when I get some extra cash but at least its range ready finally!

Last edited:
Who laughed at me when I said the Kahr P9 was my last acquisition for ever???? [angry]
I hate them..... hehe

ok this really the last one ever.....I had to get it, it came free with 1016 rounds of 9mm(I'm totally not kidding)

Taurus PT 24/7 Pro DS in olive/black

That looks very nice, it's the first Taurus pistol I've ever seen that made me want to get one.

Just brought home a Remington 870 wingmaster in 12ga. made in 1964. I've had single shots, double barrels, and bolt action shotties, but this pump is my first and is so nice. The action is so smooth and works so easily. I see why the 870 is so popular.

Only thing I don't like is the 28in barrel, but that will be changed out this week to an 18 incher.

What a sweet gun.

I'll play, first complete firearm I have bought in a while. 930 SPX, I can not wait to shoot this thing.

P1110341.jpg

P1110342.jpg

Happy Birthday to me,

[smile][smile][smile]
Like new Penn Arms Striker. I'm the second owner and previous owner only fired one box of shells [grin].
Now I have to get another safe in the house 'cuz this just filled the current one to capacity [devil].
Yes, NFA trusts work (thanks to hicksonj).

View attachment 8174

Back
Top Bottom