New acquisitions for April 2008

My first acquisition for April. I know it has a lock, but I just think this gun is way cool. S&W Model 22 .45 ACP.

150195_thumb.jpg

My first 1911 - almost...

My first 1911

I'll probably catch mega hell for this.... forgive me to all the "real" .45 ACP guys, for I have sinned.

Para Ordnance Nite Tac-9, 10rd Magazines, 9mm, Light Double Action

I put 350 rounds through it today. 200 Blazer CCI and 150 Remmington FMJ.

The trigger is smooth a butter. Only one FTE with Blazer CCI.

If anyone knows any good places to look up good aftermarket parts, .38 sp or .22 conversion kits... please please please let me know.

I am already eyeing grips [smile] and holster.

It's my first 1911 so I figured a 9mm would be better. Especially with the price of ammo is getting out of hand.

My decision was based on getting a feel for it, and upgrading or buying another one once I learn the ins and outs of 1911.

It's a great "metal" edition to my polymer collection.

Ruger P345
M&P9c
Glock 22
**Para Ordnance RX189E**

My main carry guns are my Glock and M&P so this is another "fun" gun like the Ruger... [wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
ithacagrips%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

Not the gun, I've had it for a while but the grips. I had incorrect Colt grips on it and now it sports the correct early Keyes.

Actually I can't find out if Dec 43 is considered early or late so I bought both types of grips. The late ones have the rings around the screw holes and the early doesn't.

Thanks to Stoney Pete for hooking me up to the seller of these grips.

Pilgrim
I just tried to swat your little bug for the third time this week. Luckily I haven't cracked my screen yet.

I picked up a HD gun too. Here's my new 12 Ga. 870 Express Short Shottie. My Birthday is coming up and my wife said we were lacking in the shotgun department. Picked her up from the fine folks at R and R Sports in Belchertown.
100_1567.jpg

Here's a major impulse buy...

I was on my way home from a trip to Billerica visiting some old friends and I stopped in Plymouth to look for a pre-ban AK-47, which they had none of in stock. HOWEVER!! This little beauty caught my eye, and I had to pick it up:

Ruger SP101, 2 1/4" barrel, .357 Magnum

RugerSP1012.jpg

RugerSP1011.jpg

It's used, but in great shape, my first wheel gun, and my first satin stainless in the collection. My dad and I took it down to the range, the trigger is quite a difference from all the semi-autos I'm used to, but we had fun plinking from 3 to 5 feet, haha.

Here's a major impulse buy...

I was on my way home from a trip to Billerica visiting some old friends and I stopped in Plymouth to look for a pre-ban AK-47, which they had none of in stock. HOWEVER!! This little beauty caught my eye, and I had to pick it up:

Ruger SP101, 2 1/4" barrel, .357 Magnum

It's used, but in great shape, my first wheel gun, and my first satin stainless in the collection. My dad and I took it down to the range, the trigger is quite a difference from all the semi-autos I'm used to, but we had fun plinking from 3 to 5 feet, haha.

Got one of these as my 2nd buy - I love it - it is very accurate - and easily so at a greater distance...try it! Fun gun!

I actually bought this in March but just got the Spegal grips on Ebay. I've been looking for a 3 inch 66 for a long time. The grips feel fantastic!
66-23inch.jpg
S&W 66-2 3 inch.

Nice! I was wondering how those CMP stocks looked when actually installed on a rifle. Looks great!

An M1A is my next conquest for sure.

I love mine and it is unbelievably accurate for a short barrel. It shoots great out to 30 feet. I was suprised what I could do with it. I practice with a .38's and then some .357, shoots about the same with each. Good little carry gun too. Enjoy

I love mine and it is unbelievably accurate for a short barrel. It shoots great out to 30 feet. I was suprised what I could do with it. I practice with a .38's and then some .357, shoots about the same with each. Good little carry gun too. Enjoy

Yea, we were just messing around with it to see how it shot, only 50 rounds through it. I'll definitely take it out again with some more .38 and .357's to see what I can do behind it. [grin]

I actually bought this in March but just got the Spegal grips on Ebay. I've been looking for a 3 inch 66 for a long time. The grips feel fantastic!
66-23inch.jpg
S&W 66-2 3 inch.

wow... that 66 is NICE. Is that stainless? or nickel? Nice grips too.

Here is a new 22lr I picked up this month. S&W 22a with a 5 inch barrel. I'm thinking of getting a red dot for it but nothing too fancy. Lots of fun and cheap to shoot.

SW22aRight.jpg

SW22aLeft.jpg

This sucker also arrived in from UPS today. CZ-82 in 9x18 Makarov.

CZ-82.jpg

cz-82leftside.jpg

Here it is with all the crap they deliver it with and some ammo. Crummy Holster and a Miserable Lanyard[puke2]....but a nice gun[smile]!

CZ-82holsterandammo.jpg

This sucker also arrived in from UPS today. CZ-82 in 9x18 Makarov.

Here it is with all the crap they deliver it with and some ammo. Crummy Holster and a Miserable Lanyard[puke2]....but a nice gun[smile]!

I like all the crap that comes with surplus guns.[smile] Its part of their history.

I still say these are the best C&R bargains out there today and they shoot great too with nice accuracy.

yeah I agree the stuff is fun to collect along with the guns and I fully intend to keep the stuff that came with this gun....but this individual holster is pure crap. It smells like my boots after a day of work and it is stained to hell. While I enjoy the history and heritage of certain firearms I did not want this Czechoslovakian guy's history of sweat and grease. I have my own Italian guy sweat and grease that I prefer on my holsters.

While I enjoy the history and heritage of certain firearms I did not want this Czechoslovakian guy's history of sweat and grease. I have my own Italian guy sweat and grease that I prefer on my holsters.

[laugh]

Some stuff does come pretty nasty, other times you get an unissued holster. If you check around on the net, maybe even sites like e bay, you can find one of the canvas camo holsters that was issued with these as well. I saw one not long ago when my friend got his and they're actually pretty nice and still correct for collecting.

Been a busy month so far. Picked these up this past week, more to come this weekend!

S&W M&P15T
ar151.jpg

M&P15t with Sig Mosquito
ar2.jpg

Sig Mosquito
sig1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom