New acquisitions for April 2008

I want one too[smile]

Here what I just bought this month

What are the specs on that AK type? Model, manufacturer, etc?

I've seen some newer Saigas out there with pistol grip and high cap magazines. I'm not usually one for synthetic on an AK but the traditional style look seems ok with it, and Saigas are real Russian Izzy AKs.[grin]

Picked up this Finn capture Tula 91/30 with SA marked sling to boot.

100_0588.jpg

100_0587.jpg

Definitely my last Mosin unless I find something really unique or too good to pass up. Price was right on this one and I always wanted a Finn'ed 91/30.

Sig Mosquito and Mags

Picked this up from NorthShore Firearms. Sig Mosquito w/ Target Package. Feeds fine for me - after a good cleaning. There was so much grease in the barrell from the factory a .22 round wouldn't even fit inside the chamber! Fun and accurate gun.

IMG_9164.jpg

Ten Pre-Ban 20 Round M-14 Magazines converted to fit my Armalite AR10T. Just back from Mac's Restorations after being recoated in Tuff-Gun Finish. They look amazing now!

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9182.jpg

MILSURPS_4_ME - wonderful pic. You did a great job off-setting your mosin with the scene. I enjoyed it very much.

MINESBROKEN - very interesting pics - made somethng out of those mags! Great idea!

Thanks to both of you - good way to start my day!!

What are the specs on that AK type? Model, manufacturer, etc?

I've seen some newer Saigas out there with pistol grip and high cap magazines. I'm not usually one for synthetic on an AK but the traditional style look seems ok with it, and Saigas are real Russian Izzy AKs.[grin]

It's not Russian, it is TGI/Romanian...

Last edited:
Nice! Everyone needs a 10/22. Put some Techsights on it and you'll be amazed.

+1 but I'd go further and add a set of see through scope mount rings so iron sights can be used with a scope.
Then at the very least, add a Hogue stock. I hear they are actually better than the standard wood Ruger stocks and some Ruger 10/22 models are showing up from distributors with these stocks already installed instead of the factory wood stocks.
You may enjoy tradition, but buying a Ruger 10/22 is like buying a vintage stock 1969 Camaro. There are a ton of ways to trick it out to your liking and making it an incredible machine, but some folks do like the original.

Here's my new Sig 229 9mm!

I picked her up a few days ago... she's a sweet shooter. And for some reason they're hard to find these days. She's the standard DA/SA. I'm not sure if I like the sights (dot on top of dot) but maybe I'm just used to the triple dots on the rest of my guns.

Anyway... here are some photos. I know that the holster is for a Glock but I don't have any leather for the 229 yet! [thinking][smile]

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

Last edited:
The gun doesn't do much for me, nor does the background but those are some great pictures, especially the 4th one![wink]

yeah, the background is the seat of my old, old desk chair. hehe. I'd love to take her outside of the house for some photos... but living in Cambridge... someone would definitely call the swat team on me. [grin]

My starter SHTF home defender...Kel-Tec SU-16 in 223...can't wait to start with some accessories AR butt stock, pistol grip, Hi-Cap AR mags (pre-ban of course), scope and rails!!
DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

My starter SHTF home defender...Kel-Tec SU-16 in 223...can't wait to start with some accessories AR butt stock, pistol grip, Hi-Cap AR mags (pre-ban of course), scope and rails!!
You'll love. I've got one and they're fun little carbines.

Regarding accessories, I've not looked at doing much to mine 'cause I like it out-of-the-box, but given the way it's built I don't see any easy way of putting AR furniture on it. The stock attachment is totally different, as is the handguard attachment, and putting a pistol grip would interfere with the folding stock. I have see a rail handguards for the SU-16 that replace the bipod handguard, but they are not standard AR handguards.

AR mags work quite nicely. I am looking to get a red-dot for the top and just have not had time.

I also like the SU-16 the way it is but I think my son will want to be creative a little. I don't care about the folding stock if I pick up the AR grip and stock...if they make it fixed and not adjustable (not yet but supposed to be coming) and the front rails are a maybe...I like the bi-pod handguard but we'll see. I just need to find some pre-ban AR hi cap mags.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1193544667

Supposed to be available now for $94 as a kit.

A Boring level of reliability.... HK USP .45... (Thanks EddieCoyle)

I recently picked up this nice USP .45 from fellow NES mod EddieCoyle.

A pic of it after my little "endurance" test today. It ate everything pictured to the left, and then some. I tested at least 7 different loadings of ammo in this thing and it simply didn't care. Whatever I fed it, it ate, and asked for more.

I also did limp wrist testing with it, too- I could not induce the thing to jam, no matter how hard I tried.

The gun was also as accurate as I was or was not... when I did my job I got nice "ding" noises from about 50 yards downrange to some heavy steel sitting on the berm. Can't ask for anything better than that! [smile]

usp.jpg

Drifting off topic here for a bit, but I also noticed that CCI Blazer AL is using a small pistol primer now. Old school on left, new on right. Doesn't seem to make any real difference, performance wise, though, least not that I could pick up.

newblazer.jpg

-Mike

I picked her up a few days ago... she's a sweet shooter. And for some reason they're hard to find these days. She's the standard DA/SA. I'm not sure if I like the sights (dot on top of dot) but maybe I'm just used to the triple dots on the rest of my guns.

Anyway... here are some photos. I know that the holster is for a Glock but I don't have any leather for the 229 yet! [thinking][smile]

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

Beautiful handgun.

I have been eyeing the P229 as my first gun purchase ever since I got to play with a P225/P6 a couple of weekends ago.

Sig would be a good choice

Sig makes damn fine guns, I have a 220, 226 and a Mosquito. The 220 was my first handgun, I think you'll be happy with any Sig.

Nice! I am thinking of getting a Sig 250 - I keep "feeling them out" at Straight Shoot. Love your pics!

Nice! I am thinking of getting a Sig 250 - I keep "feeling them out" at Straight Shoot. Love your pics!

Well...I say "Get one!" for those of us in MA who can't [thinking]

[smile]

Beautiful handgun.

I have been eyeing the P229 as my first gun purchase ever since I got to play with a P225/P6 a couple of weekends ago.

Like MinesBroken said... I don't think you can go wrong with a Sig as your first gun. When are you going to make the purchase?

Back
Top Bottom