NES mega millions pool August 4 drawing

394558a8-e437-4bd9-9dda-7bf361292685_text.gif

In all seriousness I do not want to be in a pissing fight with anyone over the funds for a partial win. So my initial thought stands: if you win $1000 or more it gets divided among participants. If you do not agree prior to the drawing time delete your ticket and withdraw from the pool. Besides it's only funny if a bunch of libs are raging over us winning big money and buying machine guns and Barretts.

Last edited:
The physical ticket is what is required and signed
For a big prize, not for a small one. Look, odds on any winners posted here will be the $200 and down prizes. Those don't need to be signed and can be cashed by a store on the bar codes alone. Yeah, you're getting ripped off for $10, but the state won't give a damn.

View attachment 781423

In all seriousness I do not want to be in a pissing fight with anyone over the funds for a partial win. So my initial thought stands: if you win $1000 or more it gets divided among participants. If you do not agree prior to the drawing time delete your ticket and withdraw from the pool. Besides it's only funny if a bunch of libs are raging over us winning big money and buying machine guns and Barretts.
Even $1K split up between a bunch of NESers would be funny lib trolling material.

View attachment 781423

Um, this actually hints at the basis of my concerns that I want to run past the legal-eagle.

Um, this actually hints at the basis of my concerns that I want to run past the legal-eagle.
You paying attention to who OP is?

I am OCD about a couple things, so I do get when something 'bugs' someone. However, IMHO we should not make this overcomplicated. Post a ticket and you are in. Win $1K or more via the ticket you posted then you split with everyone who is 'in'. Those who post electronic tickets may need to provide further proof they actually bought tickets if only cropped screen shots are showing in the thread- but that's easy to do.

If a large sum was won, I think cash option will be the simplest way to divide and therefore the best means to take the win. However, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth if the consensus is payments.

Anyone skeptical of the outcome has a simple solution- don't participate.

Even if we don't win (and probably won't) this thread presents entertainment well worth the $2 entry cost. I'm just thinking that I'll need a place to shoot my new mini gun. [laugh]

ZPPAiXl.gif

You've got a limited number of options, pick one from the following:
1) Buy a ticket, post a pic of it here and enjoy the amusement
2) Buy a ticket
3) Don't buy a ticket

Option of derailing the amusement by nitpicking and playing what-if-and-i-wonder games isn't on the list. Either pony up or move on.

Okay, silly creatures:

NESMM20230804NoBC.jpg

To all to whom these presents shall come, greeting: know ye that I, having purchased one MegaMillions ticket for the drawing to be held on August 4, 2023 with numbers "4, 9, 11, 17, 39 Megaball 13" and no Megaplier option selected, and having done so exclusively with my own funds, do hereby transfer ownership of said ticket and all the rights and responsibilities thereto to the participants in the Northeast Shooters "NES mega millions pool August 4 drawing" in exchange for my participation, and my sole interest in said ticket is as an individual participant, and that this transfer shall pertain to this one ticket only and not to any other tickets in which I may individually or jointly have ownership.

Here's the worst case scenario. There are three winning tickets, one of which is in this pool and there are 50 of you by the end of tomorrow. Cash option currently $625M. Divide by 150 and that's just over $4M per person which after taxes is about $2.6M or so. You'd still need to work for a living if you're middle-aged, but life would certainly get easier!
I've always said on these, I'd just like to win enough to pay off the house and be clear of debt.

I've always said on these, I'd just like to win enough to pay off the house and be clear of debt.
Life is amazingly different when you get there. It took us 15 years to wipe out student loans, credit cards and have two cars free and clear, and with two refies we have the house down under 200k at 2.5% We pay less than $5k/year in interest. So yeah, just being half way there allows us to actually afford nice vacations and save a bit for retirement. Before that we were one step away from trapping squirrels for dinner.

So just pointing out here, this is enough to get winnings tied up in litigation if even one member contested the partially scratched out numbers as being "submitted" and you said "no, only the top set of numbers". Sure, it would probably get defeated, but at what cost? Another example, if as a joke I posted a powerball ticket in here, and those numbers ended up matching the mega-millions winning numbers, some jackhole could sue me saying "because he screwed up and bought the wrong ticket, I now don't have millions of dollars". Me personally, if I bought in and this went shitways for about 5 years, but I was eventually handed any check for over $1M post-tax, I'd have to go bust one in the sink before I could get it together and take it to the bank, laughing all the way there and back. Any time you turn two bucks into the answer to your retirement, it's a VERY good day....

So just pointing out here, this is enough to get winnings tied up in litigation if even one member contested the partially scratched out numbers as being "submitted" and you said "no, only the top set of numbers". Sure, it would probably get defeated, but at what cost? Another example, if as a joke I posted a powerball ticket in here, and those numbers ended up matching the mega-millions winning numbers, some jackhole could sue me saying "because he screwed up and bought the wrong ticket, I now don't have millions of dollars". Me personally, if I bought in and this went shitways for about 5 years, but I was eventually handed any check for over $1M post-tax, I'd have to go bust one in the sink before I could get it together and take it to the bank, laughing all the way there and back. Any time you turn two bucks into the answer to your retirement, it's a VERY good day....

Edited. Happy?

f***ing NES - couple actual lawyers and a boatload of amateurs

If this ticket loses, y’all owe me two bucks

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Buck up I can't spend this all aloneView attachment 780733

Your terms are acceptable.

View attachment 780825

I was thinking the same thing the pool only works when you contribute like that usually people do like one to four tickets I’d rather do 20
But I always forget about the increase in price, so we never even discussed the megaplyer which I always get.
I’ve been playing a couple times a month on and off for about maybe a year… only once or twice a won my money back.

This wasn’t a very organized thought out thing it’s just for fun, but maybe we should set up a reoccurring one.

I would really hope that nobody on here would be a thief or a scumbag about this. People get really weird over money but it’s all of us can’t agree to split $1 billion. That’s pretty f***ed up.

Sketchy thing to do on a gun forum too.. or in general I guess

View attachment 780986

We all have to take screenshots of the thread before the drawing

Here my ticket, let hope we win.

Fůck it, I'm in., but keepin one of my picks to myself🤣
View attachment 781087

Why not. In.

204b8c05-1f50-4784-9bee-bfffdae4e537-jpeg.781114

Don't usually play, but let's try. In!

In,$2 for the dream

For $2 I just bought myself some wonderful daydreams.

View attachment 781308

With Neil running it, no worries!
I’m in.

In

View attachment 781382

I think this simple set up works fine. Collecting $20 from a bunch of people then buying a massive amount of tickets could become a real cluster.

I'm in. When we win, I'm buying a lot of machine guns. View attachment 781401

Okay, silly creatures:

View attachment 781503

To all to whom these presents shall come, greeting: know ye that I, having purchased one MegaMillions ticket for the drawing to be held on August 4, 2023 with numbers "4, 9, 11, 17, 39 Megaball 13" and no Megaplier option selected, and having done so exclusively with my own funds, do hereby transfer ownership of said ticket and all the rights and responsibilities thereto to the participants in the Northeast Shooters "NES mega millions pool August 4 drawing" in exchange for my participation, and my sole interest in said ticket is as an individual participant, and that this transfer shall pertain to this one ticket only and not to any other tickets in which I may individually or jointly have ownership.

alright, you dragged me in.
View attachment 781535

If this ticket loses, y’all owe me two bucks

Consolidating everyone that posted a ticket.

A few of you did not properly upload the pics, so I will upload them for you.

Mine:

SmartSelect_20230804_141818_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom