• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Neighbors can seize your firearms?!?

Wow....lets break into a gun owners home to "confiscate" his guns because he doesnt drive a prius... What can possibly go wrong here?

The bit about exemption for criminal prosecution for someone to takes guns from a distressed person is immune from not only criminal prosecution, but safe storage laws and LTC/FID requirements.

It reminds me of when my wife took my mother in law's car keys. She called the police and reported that her daughter had stolen the keys. The police declined to prosecute, but told my wife she had no choice except to return the keys.

So this law would pretty much make it so you don't need to get an LTC any more?

"It's OK officer, I took it from a depressed guy."

yet they keep getting voted back into office
I don't think Ed markey has even stepped foot in this state for years yet he cruised to a re election.
What's it going to take to get people to wake up

The law is silent on the point of B&E, and if that is also a protected activity, of if seizure by someone who has lawful access to the area in which the firearms are stores is the only think allowed.

The law is also useless, since for all practical purposes anyone can have anyone else's LTC suspended (at least for a period of time) by reporting the person as suicidal to the issuing department.

I will admit that I didn't read anything but the linked article, but the author made a big jump assuming that it gave someone a free pass to break into your house and collect your firearms.

The quoted parts in the article made it clear that there would be no prosecution for possession of firearms or ammunition collected from an unstable individual, provided that they went to the authorities within 24 hours, but there was no mention of how you got them.

Unstable neighbor passed out drunk on his front porch with his shotgun next to him? Grab the gun and turn it in, fine under the recommendation.

Unstable neighbor who has guns in his living room? Break in while they are not home and you are going to jail. Not on weapons charges, but on breaking and entering. Of course, the DA would probably elect to not press charges against this hero.

-----------
Rob beat me to it...

Don't forget the knives, pills, hammers, toaster, car, bathtub etc.... This state is run by a bunch of boneheads.

Not everyone can just get up and move out of state.

That is a sad excuse. You can in fact move to another state quite easy and fast if you so choose to. It is not that you or anyone else can not move it is that you choose not to. There is a huge difference.

I don't think Ed markey has even stepped foot in this state for years yet he cruised to a re election.

good point

and unfortunately not even smelling salts are going to wake people up

pathetic

any distressed criminals out there? take their weapons first then get back to me.
these morons were voted in to office, they actually don't think things thru and think they are trying to do good , protecting distressed people. God help us

That is a sad excuse. You can in fact move to another state quite easy and fast if you so choose to. It is not that you or anyone else can not move it is that you choose not to. There is a huge difference.
Yeah, because you know my life. [rolleyes]

- - - Updated - - -

Winner, winner, turkey dinner!
it's chicken dinner. 2 boneheads

So I can leave my family, good job and have any gun I can afford, aint going to happen, no need to.

The law is silent on the point of B&E, and if that is also a protected activity, of if seizure by someone who has lawful access to the area in which the firearms are stores is the only think allowed.

The law is also useless, since for all practical purposes anyone can have anyone else's LTC suspended (at least for a period of time) by reporting the person as suicidal to the issuing department.

I just read the article and if my reading comprehension is right today, they are in fact covered for the B&E into your house. Basically they are completely covered for anything is the way I read it.

What a load of crap that is.

Or stop running and fight.
Eventually you run out of places to run if that's all you chose to do.

I see opportunity!

What a great way to grow the collection at no cost!

effing looney tune state.

+1 Markey ...a worthless person

Last edited:
So if we see a LEO that we think is "distressed," we can confiscate anything dangerous from them?

Back
Top Bottom