Need Cape Cod Area Dealer Recommendation for Widow

Len, do you think that maybe taking the guns to NH and leaving them on consignment with a NH FFL would be a good idea? No LTC or FID required, so a potentially larger customer base. Also, no sales tax so that widow would at least see more cash in her purse.
This request is from a good friend who lost his good friend. He's not on NES and asked me for recommendations and I don't know any reputable dealers in that area.

The widow wants to dispose of the guns by selling them to a dealer and my friend wants to make sure that she isn't screwed in the process by an unscrupulous dealer.

He hasn't seen the guns and the wake is tomorrow and he expects to be asked for recommendations this week. The deceased was a hunter so a few hunting guns are expected, unsure if there are any handguns or other non-hunting guns at this point.

I did suggest that after finding a reputable Cape Cod/South Coast area dealer, that putting them on consignment might be best financially.

Please either reply here or via PM, but only if you know someone who won't try to screw the widow out of money by low-balling any offers.

Thanks.

Len, do you think that maybe taking the guns to NH and leaving them on consignment with a NH FFL would be a good idea? No LTC or FID required, so a potentially larger customer base. Also, no sales tax so that widow would at least see more cash in her purse.
I don't think he's going to want to travel with them up to NH. Also, I've never seen or bought a consignment gun for the listed price without paying tax on top of that (in MA), so the widow doesn't absorb MA sales tax. In most cases guns are cheaper up here in NH than in MA due to MA dumb-ass restrictions.

@Len-2A Training try selling them to guns.com, the process is really easy. You only need 3 pics and a brief description of each gun. They will make you an offer within about 24 hours (during the week) and you can take it or leave it. If you take it they will give you a shipping label and even send you a box if you desire. They pay the same day they receive it and inspect it typically.

I've sold a few guns to them and got better offers than trying to sell here and certainly WAY better than any shop would offer.

I don't think he's going to want to travel with them up to NH. Also, I've never seen or bought a consignment gun for the listed price without paying tax on top of that (in MA), so the widow doesn't absorb MA sales tax. In most cases guns are cheaper up here in NH than in MA due to MA dumb-ass restrictions.
OK, I was just looking out for the poor lady. She lost enough as it is, no need to get financial screwed over any further. Please, wish her my best. One hell of a loss to have to endure.

We would be happy to take care of her. Most of what is said in this thread is true. We generally pay 50-60% of retail for Used guns depending on how quickly they will turn. We offer consignment 20-30% depending on the price for each gun. Anything over 2500.00 drops down to the 20% rate. If people are not in a hurry to get the $ consignment will always net the most $ to the customer. We sell large collections all the time and the whole process is very transparent. Hope this helps!
TL

Back
Top Bottom