• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first post!

Hi ladies and germs!

I was approved for my License to Carry on October 1, 2020. I am late to the party but I am happy to finally have my LTC. I regret not getting it sooner but it is what it is.

I am carrying a gun everyday and I truly enjoy going to the range as often as possible. I am thinking of joining the Gun Parlor because of its proximity to my home. I hate that they're a pawn to the AG however I need to get better at shooting and I want to shoot a lot.

I do belong to MassFirearms but theyve run out of 9mm for the time being and it is a hike to Holliston from Worcester.

Any suggestions on indoor or eveb outdoor ranges in the Central Mass area? I appreciate this community and I look forward to talking with you all. Thank you for any advice you can lend this greenhorn and for taking the time to read my intro. I truly appreciate it.

I am in central MA as well and will take the hour hike to MFS (10 year member) before I give gun parlor any of my money.

Come on up to Leominster Sportsmen's Sunday Mornings December-March for Winter Rifle Matches! www.lsa-ma.org

I will definitely have to come by and see how well I can do.

Being close to Worcester your best and most convenient bets are the clubs in Holden, Princeton, Leicester, and Boylston.

Thank you! I will check all those towns out right away.

The Winchester spx defender is a pretty overlooked shotty IMO. Shoots great and is super light. Cant say I prefer it to my mossy but it’s close enough I have to think which one I want to bring to the range.

Honestly the Winchester is the easy gun to shoot from a standing position that I own. I imagine the HBar will be just as easy with a lighter barrel. I tried to get a Mossy but they're sold out and people are selling them for $600-1000

Why not Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club? Worcester Pistol Rifle Club – A Safe Place To Shoot One of the absolute best firearms instructors in MA is a member there . . . oh yeah, he's also GOAL's Director of Training, Jon Green.

I was under the impression they were invite only I will definitely have to check them out.

I am in central MA as well and will take the hour hike to MFS (10 year member) before I give gun parlor any of my money.

Yes I'm in agreement with you. I went to MFA for my firearms class and I want to keep taking classes there. I've signed up and I don't mind driving there.

Back
Top Bottom