My first post!

Rococo

NES Member
Hi ladies and germs!

I was approved for my License to Carry on October 1, 2020. I am late to the party but I am happy to finally have my LTC. I regret not getting it sooner but it is what it is.

I am carrying a gun everyday and I truly enjoy going to the range as often as possible. I am thinking of joining the Gun Parlor because of its proximity to my home. I hate that they're a pawn to the AG however I need to get better at shooting and I want to shoot a lot.

I do belong to MassFirearms but theyve run out of 9mm for the time being and it is a hike to Holliston from Worcester.

Any suggestions on indoor or eveb outdoor ranges in the Central Mass area? I appreciate this community and I look forward to talking with you all. Thank you for any advice you can lend this greenhorn and for taking the time to read my intro. I truly appreciate it.

Welcome and congratulations! If you get to the cape ever I can hook you up with some ammo to train with. Just send me a message. Just train alot. And welcome to the forum. I have been on here about a decade and the are alot of things to learn from the veterans here. NES has really helped me alot.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome! Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here regarding the messed up laws we all have to deal with. Try to use the search engine first, to avoid getting roasted. Lot of help available here. Sarcasm can be an art here!

Welcome! You're in the right place, and kudos for spending the bucks to go green and be an NES member. I'm not a member but I hear that Worcester Pistol and Rifle is a good club with nice facilities. I assume card entry and you are on your own to shoot as you please so long as by the rules. They have a website or maybe someone here is a member and can post.

I'm a member of a club that is mostly in Princeton. I little bit of a haul for you but lots of land for hunting. Range is pretty basic but nice and usually not crowded. PM if interested.

If you are more on the south side, Auburn has a club. Some folks here on NES belong there.

Welcome and congrats, going to be a while before 9mm is back in force. Maybe pickup something in a different caliber like a revolver in 22lr that you can shoot 22short out of, which still seems to be around.

Congrats and welcome! Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here regarding the messed up laws we all have to deal with. Try to use the search engine first, to avoid getting roasted. Lot of help available here. Sarcasm can be an art here!
Sarcasm can be an art here is the nicest way of putting that. [rofl] [devil]

Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge and great conversations here. If you have a question about anything, don’t ge afraid to ask. You will get 1 dickhead answer for every 3 good answers, but that’s a good ratio online.

by the way, what was your first gun?

Hey guys I was out near the White Mountains with the family and we agreed to be in phones as little as possible so that is why I am replying now.

I appreciate all the love! I will use the search function before I ask a question that has been asked a thousand times LOL.

I should of bought a 22 any recommendations on a good 22 pistol/rifle?

I have gone a little crazy and bought quite a few guns out the gate. Al at Defensive Dynamics is a really good guy and I bought a few from him.

I EDC a Glock 19 Gen 5. I have a few preban U Notch mags. I wish they dropped free.

I also have a Glock 17 Gen 5 and a Glock 26 Gen 4 frame. I am giving serious consideration in putting the 19 slide on the 26 frame, the 17 slide on the 19 frame and building a 34 RMR slide for the 17/34 frame. The 26 slides are super expensive right now and hard to find.

I also bought a Winchester SXP Extreme Defender FDE off Cabelas I was really lucky because it was the only 12 gauge I could find and its a really nice gun.

From Al I bought a Colt Sporter Match HBar. I am looking to have the sear block removed so I can install a Giessele SSA-E. I have put on a collapsible stock. I also want to build out a 14.5” barrel and use the spacer and flash hider to get to the 16”.
I also bought a Chinese SAS12 from Al as well.

I am giving serious consideration to get another lower or two for an SBR build and a scope build.

I did have a lucky find on some Winchester 5.56 at Cabelas but other than I am finding 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ to be anywhere from $35-50.

Please dont tell my wife 👀

I will definitely check into the suggestions you guys made and I appreciate the warm welcome.

The Winchester spx defender is a pretty overlooked shotty IMO. Shoots great and is super light. Cant say I prefer it to my mossy but it’s close enough I have to think which one I want to bring to the range.

Killer first thread for a newcomer, even if its 5 years late! Now you have even more reason to stick around.

It's a little bit of a drive from Worcester, but one of my favorite outdoor ranges in Central MA is Hardwick Rod & Gun club, especially if you enjoy shooting at steel plates.

If you haven't, get some legit training. That CCW class is a 'learners permit'.

If you're worst day ever happens, it's good to know what to say and what not to. Besides, it should be interesting not boring.

Congrats for leaving the flock, now become a shepard.

Congrats! Shoot as much as you can at the range, it helps a ton!
I quickly chose a club based on location and chose one with poor hours. If you still haven't decided on one, just make sure you check the hours and guest fee (in case you decide to go shooting with a friend/family member) My guest fee is $20! Also most clubs offer training via instructors that are members, find one to take, they are very helpful once you get some basic fundamentals down first. Also my biggest mistake was buying a ton of 9mm handguns and 45 first, but no 22.....also I bought & brought 3-5 magazines and just mag dumped at the range........take one magazine....no need to shoot competition speed at the range at first haha

Last edited:
Welcome. Congrats on getting your pew pew permit.

Lots of incredibly knowledgeable people on this site over a very wide range of topics going far beyond guns.

Back
Top Bottom