• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first AR15 build

BTW, forgot to post this here but my MRP upper came in last week. All I have left to order now is the BCG.

MRP_001.jpg

MRP_002.jpg

Hey Zombi, how does fitting go for that thing? Is most of the stuff drop in? or is there some polishing and sanding (metal removal) going on? Wondering what I should tackle first when I start getting some cake federal paychecks... [smile]

Nothing needs to be fitted, everything will drop in if made correctly

Looks Wonderful!
Thanks for the input guys good to know some things are snap-together so that money and time are the biggest things...
Suppose the 1911 will be the long term project... the build anyway. Will prolly buy one.... or two... or 3..... before I get around to building one! [smile] But popping together an AR is looking tempting now too!

NICE MRP UPPER!!

Looks great, what length barrel?

How long are your Rails?

I was looking to make something similar with the Troy 13.5 MRF-RX rails in Dark Earth but had not picked the Barrel yet...

Who are you having pin your comp? I'm going to be needing a place in the very near future [wink]

I handed it over to Madmarco at ZeroHourArms. I went to Stateline in Mason, NH first for convenience reasons, but they wouldn't blind pin it because they said that it was illegal in MA.

I will be going with the 16" M4 flattop uppper & parts kit from M&A Parts, postban config - $490!

Stay away from M&A parts they are garbage non chrome lined barrles with crappy parts for the upper. Spend the extra money and get something like a Stag or ADS, or even (as much as I hate to say it) a Bushmaster upper.
Your best bet IMHO is an ADS upper from here http://www.gandrtactical.com/. You may have to email them direct about getting that upper as upper builds are not listed on the web site, but he does offer custom uppers at very competitive rates. If you chose to do so ask for Grant, he owns the joint.

-DM-

Last edited:
Stay away from M&A parts they are garbage non chrome lined barrles with crappy parts for the upper. Spend the extra money and get something like a Stag or ADS, or even (as much as I hate to say it) a Bushmaster upper.
Your best bet IMHO is an ADS upper from here http://www.gandrtactical.com/. You may have to email them direct about getting that upper as upper builds are not listed on the web site, but he does offer custom uppers at very competitive rates. If you chose to do so ask for Grant, he owns the joint.

-DM-

I agree with DM. Spend a little more now, you will be MUCH happier in the long run. G&R is a good outfit for a build / parts/ accesories.

Zombi man I got a MRP CQB upper and the thing is sweet. Am getting a piston barrell and bolt for it in one of the first shipments out of LMT can't wait/ 10-12 weeks to go.

Thanks, guys! I love it!

Another thing, I bought one of these DPMS Acu-Wedge thingies from Midway. What a difference it made in the feel of the rifle. Before the wedge, the upper rattled a little bit and didn't feel entirely stable. After the wedge, it's rock solid. I highly recommend it. I had to trim a few mm off of the wedge, but other than that, no problem. Best $3 I ever spent.

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* VERY nice, z0mbi! Lookin good! Mind taking a pick of the blind pinned barrel? Also, I'm very interested in a range report in regards to the comp you chose... those things are suppose to be the cats meow (I think you have the vltor on there anyway...)

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* VERY nice, z0mbi! Lookin good! Mind taking a pick of the blind pinned barrel? Also, I'm very interested in a range report in regards to the comp you chose... those things are suppose to be the cats meow (I think you have the vltor on there anyway...)

I got the DNTC comp.

d16a48e6000bc40a4bc56dfdc8dda805.jpg

I'll take a close-up of the blind pin when I get home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom