• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first AR15 build

Hell, I appreciate the offer! I'm going to give it another shot this weekend at my fathers shop. If I cant get it off then, I might consider it. Might not be able to do it without a vice block though. :\ Is using a properly sized block of wood ok?

Hell, I appreciate the offer! I'm going to give it another shot this weekend at my fathers shop. If I cant get it off then, I might consider it. Might not be able to do it without a vice block though. :\ Is using a properly sized block of wood ok?

Don't see why not. It should fit nice and snug but not so tight you have to jam it in/beat it out. Do you have one of the stock wrenches that grabs the nut in 3 places? If not your only going to rip the single tab off the tool and mess up the nut and maybe the tube threads as well. If you do it is imperative you keep the tool squared up and well seated in the notches as you apply smooth even pressure.

Don't worry, we have lots of tubes and nuts in stock for you...lol...

Jon K.

Most important thing there is to make sure the screwdriver fits the screw, otherwise you won't be able to apply the torque evenly & it will mess up the screw head. I think the end of the DPMS tool is the correct size & fits the screw on the buffer tube nice & snug.

I've used a large screwdriver in the past, but this is the tool I've used the last couple of times I needed to pull the stock. DPMS Multi Tool

I'll take a look tomorrow & see how tight of a fit it is.

I am looking for a post ban upper for the AR-15 that look like the stag upper #40L
this is my first AR build!

Stag-15 Complete Upper Half A.R.M.S. #40L
Factory installed Samson tactical rail
Model 2HT Pre-Ban

model-2tbig.gif

Well, I'm not taking the buffer tube off, just the A2 stock. The Skeleton stock I got uses the buffer tube as a frame.

LOL.. Yeah, I think you mentioned that before. I forgot. As others have said, hold it securely in a vise, use a properly fitting screwdriver, make sure you stay nice and square with the screw and it should come right out. I put them in tight but not "that" tight!!!!

[wink]

John,

How much do you charge for the engraving on top of the cost of the receiver, and do you have a U.S. Army Distinguished Rifleman's Badge in your database?

B

I am looking for a post ban upper for the AR-15 that look like the stag upper #40L
this is my first AR build!

Stag-15 Complete Upper Half A.R.M.S. #40L
Factory installed Samson tactical rail
Model 2HT Pre-Ban

model-2tbig.gif

If you have any questions about this upper I have and have run about 2500 rnds through it

John,

How much do you charge for the engraving on top of the cost of the receiver, and do you have a U.S. Army Distinguished Rifleman's Badge in your database?

B

The cost for engraving on the top of the receiver is $20. There is limited space there. What do you have in mind?

PLEASE Use MY DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS for questions, they will get answered much faster and I can track any resultant conversation much easier that way.

THANKS!! :)

Looks like I'll be getting an LMT MRP rifle length upper after all. I found someone selling one used for a price that I can't afford NOT to pay!

Looks like I'll be getting an LMT MRP rifle length upper after all. I found someone selling one used for a price that I can't afford NOT to pay!

What are you getting and how much are you paying for it. Odes it include the BCG&A, charging handle?

-DM-

$1000 for the rifle length MRP, with a barrel. No BCG. No Charging handle. Only 75 rounds through the barrel. Best price I've seen anywhere.

Only thing is, it's an early model MRP, so it doesn't have the built in sling mounts. Don't really care about that, though.

$1000 for the rifle length MRP, with a barrel. No BCG. No Charging handle. Only 75 rounds through the barrel. Best price I've seen anywhere.

Only thing is, it's an early model MRP, so it doesn't have the built in sling mounts. Don't really care about that, though.

for a sling you should go with the Blue Force Gear VCAS. I just got and so far I live it. Much better than a single point IMHO. Have you decided what you are going to do for an optic?

-DM-

No optics. Iron sites. Haven't looked at slings yet. I have a vest mount single point sling already, but it's only good when I'm wearing the vest so I have to get another. I bought a quick detach rail mount front sling adapter, and another for the rear. I want a two-point sling with a quick detach on both ends.

No optics. Iron sites. Haven't looked at slings yet. I have a vest mount single point sling already, but it's only good when I'm wearing the vest so I have to get another. I bought a quick detach rail mount front sling adapter, and another for the rear. I want a two-point sling with a quick detach on both ends.

Trust me about the VCAS. It is designed to work with Armor and carriers. I have a Troy single point if you want it let me know, I really have no use for it any more. But I really recomend the VCAS over the Troy. I think the web page is blueforcegear.com.

-DM-

Yeah, the single point vest mount I bought a couple years back is a BlueForceGear sling. They make good stuff.

*edit: here it is mounted on my Eagle plate carrier:
vest_pouches_001.jpg

Last edited:
Cool vest -

Seems like you can't go wrong w/ an LMT - Nice Choice!!

When you look for an optic - I've found the Eotech 512 (aa bats) for 355 - online

It is the upper that I want! BUT!!!! do they make it Ma friendly? I did not see any[rolleyes]

Yes they do. Your dealer or even Stag direct will be able to sell you one that is MA Compliant. What area are you in. I might be able to recommend you to a dealer to get one?

-DM-

Nice looking vest z0mbi, but I'm curious as to how that set-up will do in the prone...looks like a gut buster - have you tried it?

I took this pic before I used the vest. I moved the 203 pouch off to the side and reconfigured the rest of the vest after I took this... but even then, the 2x4 shingle is quite uncomfortable when prone. I ran with this setup about 3 or 4 times and every time I made some changes to make it lighter or less bulky.

By the time I stopped playing, I was more of the school of thought that a side satchel full of mags and a bottle of water was all you needed. All that tactical gear is about as un-tactical as it can get. When you don't need to worry about stopping bullets, you don't need a plate carrier. Wish I'd have figured that out before I dropped the bills on it [wink]

From M4carbine.net

This rig looks perfect for those wishing to carry more mags and a medkit... it's got a hydration pack on the back, too.

DizHawk1.jpg

DizHawk9.jpg

The guy that makes them has quite the backlog of orders at the moment, however.

I took this pic before I used the vest. I moved the 203 pouch off to the side and reconfigured the rest of the vest after I took this... but even then, the 2x4 shingle is quite uncomfortable when prone. I ran with this setup about 3 or 4 times and every time I made some changes to make it lighter or less bulky.

By the time I stopped playing, I was more of the school of thought that a side satchel full of mags and a bottle of water was all you needed. All that tactical gear is about as un-tactical as it can get. When you don't need to worry about stopping bullets, you don't need a plate carrier. Wish I'd have figured that out before I dropped the bills on it [wink]

Yeah, I played around with a few vests, until I discovered the wonders of the Arktis 1624 - the Brits have their shit together when it comes to tactical gear. All of the plate carriers and tactical vests look great and even feel great until you are running, then diving onto the ground....Say goodbye to diaphragm.... [shocked] Ask me how I know....I also found it raised you so far up off the ground as to make prone fighting, (where much, much, rifle fun occurs) to be almost useless - stick up like a sore thumb so you can breathe. Then along came Arktis - and the world is right. I have some ideas to make that vest more useful to you z0mbi - drop me a PM if you feel like it....

Fitting?

Hey Zombi, how does fitting go for that thing? Is most of the stuff drop in? or is there some polishing and sanding (metal removal) going on? Wondering what I should tackle first when I start getting some cake federal paychecks... [smile]

Hey Zombi, how does fitting go for that thing? Is most of the stuff drop in? or is there some polishing and sanding (metal removal) going on? Wondering what I should tackle first when I start getting some cake federal paychecks... [smile]

Fitting? I'm sorry... you're going to have to elaborate. You mean like the bolt and stuff? As far as I know, it's all just plug 'n' play.

Back
Top Bottom