My first AR15 build

It's the MA state Firearms/Sale/Rental/Lease Transaction Form. A copy is filed with the unfortunately-named Criminal History Systems Board.

"Criminal History Systems Board" Had to be a Republican that came up with that name.

Sounds a lot like the "Firearm Owners Protection Act" You know, the one that put an end to new machine guns for civilians in 1986?

"Criminal History Systems Board" Had to be a Republican that came up with that name.

Sounds a lot like the "Firearm Owners Protection Act" You know, the one that put an end to new machine guns for civilians in 1986?

This is Massachusetts we're talking about. What Republicans? [smile]

So took some pictures of my lower at work today. Here they are, with a Tango Down Battle Grip installed:

AR15_lower_001.jpg

AR15_lower_005.jpg

AR15_lower_006.jpg

AR15_lower_007.jpg

AR15_lower_010.jpg

I was thinking what to do with our new super secret lowers and so I started to read your thread. Looks like you are going to have one nasty rifle.

If I can afford it I might go with the piston upper, otherwise I think I will keep mine pretty basic for now with and ACE stock and flattop upper.

Can’t wait to see yours complete.

damn! I like the look of the whole upper receiver. I don't know if I'd throw down the $$ for it. Are there any other cost alternatives???

Well, I think I'm going to forgo the MRP for awhile, and probably get a StagArms upper with an A.R.M.S. rail system because of the massive cost of the MRP. I can't afford it now, and I don't want to wait the time it will take to save up, so I'll go with the Stag for now until I can afford the MRP.

Stag:
2ht.gif

I agree with Gregg, nothing grey about a regular BCG. Floating around the net is plenty of information about them and how they are acceptable to the BATFE for use in a semi-auto.
B

Ok, I read some more threads about the FA bolt carrier on ARFCOM and other places and I'm going to revise my statements. From my perspective, I think the ATF has flip flopped. At one time there was a lot of information (some of it from ATF) about how it is perfectly legal to use the FA bolt carriers. However I just read some information on the ATF website about how they consider the regular bolt carriers a no-go despite the fact that some companies are shipping new semi-auto guns with them. Why the hell don't they figure out exactly what the hell they are doing and go and knock on the door of these places and make them stop selling them that way, I have no idea. It seems like they are deliberately attempting to create F.U.D.

I'll try and find that link and post it.

B

BTW--- Nice Lower artwork. I've been wanting an Anvil receiver for a while.

My FFL told me that once I assembled it I needed to fill out an FA10. I guess if you're right, he just wasn't aware that we could have registered it when I received it.

Magpul Ranger Plates

I installed Magpul Ranger Plates on all of my AR-15 magazines tonight. Sorry for the crappy lighting at my bench. Need to upgrade.

RangerPlates_002.jpg

RangerPlates_003.jpg

RangerPlates_005.jpg

I installed Magpul Ranger Plates on all of my AR-15 magazines tonight. Sorry for the crappy lighting at my bench. Need to upgrade.

RangerPlates_002.jpg

RangerPlates_003.jpg

RangerPlates_005.jpg

I love those Ranger pulls. I cant wait till they come out for the PMags. I have that Stag Upper and it has not failed me yet (well over 2500 rnds since Oct) Zombi let me know what you come up with for a price. I got mine for $650 in pre-ban. Transformed to comply with the ban (I wanted a diff muzzle device). The only thing I did changed besides the muzzle device was the extractor spring and insert to black from blue, it only cost me about 3.50 for that.

-Will-

zombi,

thats funny becaus I was thinking about going STAG as well. I've heard great things regarding their uppers. And i already have a lower in line from ANVIL Arms...cudo's to those guys!!!

Ok, I read some more threads about the FA bolt carrier on ARFCOM and other places and I'm going to revise my statements. From my perspective, I think the ATF has flip flopped. At one time there was a lot of information (some of it from ATF) about how it is perfectly legal to use the FA bolt carriers. However I just read some information on the ATF website about how they consider the regular bolt carriers a no-go despite the fact that some companies are shipping new semi-auto guns with them. Why the hell don't they figure out exactly what the hell they are doing and go and knock on the door of these places and make them stop selling them that way, I have no idea. It seems like they are deliberately attempting to create F.U.D.

I'll try and find that link and post it.

B

BTW--- Nice Lower artwork. I've been wanting an Anvil receiver for a while.

They can be real anal about the slightest thing and change revise rulings/determinations all the time.

One story/rumor that was floating around was that they somehow got an AR to double or fire a burst using an M-16 style bolt carrier.

Doesn't matter if they had to force it by using soft primers, different ammo, create slam fires, broken or worn parts,etc. It fired more than one round per trigger squeeze and that's all they care about.

They can be real anal about the slightest thing and change revise rulings/determinations all the time.

One story/rumor that was floating around was that they somehow got an AR to double or fire a burst using an M-16 style bolt carrier.

Doesn't matter if they had to force it by using soft primers, different ammo, create slam fires, broken or worn parts,etc. It fired more than one round per trigger squeeze and that's all they care about.

That's why I recommended buying all SA parts including the BCG and saving yourself the hassle. Cover you ass.

The mags look great. Where'd you buy the ranger floor plates from? I've been thinking about picking some up.

I was grabbing some stuff from LaRue, and noticed they had them so I threw three packs in with my order. I've always wanted to try these out back in my airsoft days, but it was too much money to spend on airsoft mags so I just went the ol' 100mph and paracord route. I figure this time, the real thing is worth it [wink]

Most of the stuff I still have sitting in a box is waiting for an upper. I installed the following so far:

Tango Down Battle Grip in Dark Earth
Tango Down A2 sling mount adapter
Magpul Ranger Plates in Dark Earth

And the stuff waiting for the upper:
Troy BUIS front + rear in Dark Earth
Charging handle w/tactical latch
Magpul ladder style rail covers in Dark Earth
Midwest Industries Heavy Duty front rail sling adapter

I tried to install the ACE skeleton stock, but it looks like Jon at AnvilArms uses Gorillas with tubes of locktite to install these. I stopped attempting to remove the A2 when I started destroying the screw. I'm either going to take it to a gunsmith to figure out, or I'm going to just live with the A2 and use the skeleton stock on my NES member lower build.

Was tossing around the idea of getting some gunkote and trying to paint the A2 Dark Earth which I think would look sweet.

Most of the stuff I still have sitting in a box is waiting for an upper. I installed the following so far:

Tango Down Battle Grip in Dark Earth
Tango Down A2 sling mount adapter
Magpul Ranger Plates in Dark Earth

And the stuff waiting for the upper:
Troy BUIS front + rear in Dark Earth
Charging handle w/tactical latch
Magpul ladder style rail covers in Dark Earth
Midwest Industries Heavy Duty front rail sling adapter

I tried to install the ACE skeleton stock, but it looks like Jon at AnvilArms uses Gorillas with tubes of locktite to install these. I stopped attempting to remove the A2 when I started destroying the screw. I'm either going to take it to a gunsmith to figure out, or I'm going to just live with the A2 and use the skeleton stock on my NES member lower build.

Was tossing around the idea of getting some gunkote and trying to paint the A2 Dark Earth which I think would look sweet.

Do you mean the butt stock screw?

I believe they often times are held on with LocTite.

Being careful not to melt any plastic, heat/warm up the screw head with a torch. That should loosen/melt the LocTite.

I've had to use a large screwdriver with a pair of visegrips clamped to the handle for leverage to get the screw removed (it will come off... no gun smith necessary).

You could also use a 3/8" - 1/2" drive flat head screwdriver socket and ratchet.

No Sir, not a drop of locktite anywhere near the receiver extension tube. Just proper vise fixtures, proper tools and torque values observed. I assume your talking about an A2 stock here from the sounds of it. The supplied screw does have some pre-applied mild strength thread locker on it when it comes to us but that can't account for the difficulties you noted here.

If you really want it off, ship it to me along with a $10 bill for return shipping and I'll take it off for you and return it the same day.

Jon Kruger
President, Anvil Arms LLC
Lakeland, FL.

863-398-4460

Email: [email protected]

www.AnvilArms.com

Proud ARFCOM Industry Partner

Lifetime NRA Member

Back
Top Bottom