• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More US school-age children die from guns than on-duty US LEO or global military fatalities, stud

mikeyp

NES Member
CNN garbage

More US school-age children die from guns than on-duty US police or global military fatalities, study finds - CNN

"Of the deaths, 86% involved boys, the study found. Black children accounted for 41% of those killed, though in recent years they've comprised just 14% of the US population, US census data show."

"The study found these listed causes of death among the children: 61% from assault; 32% from suicide; 5% accidental; and 2% undetermined.
In the 5-to-14-year-old age group, accidents accounted for 12.8% of cases (830 deaths); suicide, 29.6% cases (1,912 deaths); assault, 54.8% cases (3,545 deaths); and undetermined, 2.7% (177 deaths), according to the study.
For those 15 to 18 years old, the cause of death was listed as accidental in 3.5% of cases (1,121 deaths); suicide, 32.9% (10,688 deaths); assault, 62.3% (20,247 deaths); and undetermined, 1.3% (422 deaths)."

and how many of these are gang related?

Not this shit again... I don't even need to look. Most of them will be suicides and gangs. If you're not gonna off yourself, and you don't hang out in gang areas, your chances of dying from guns is extremely low.
Yup. [horse] Op might as well post a Who delivers ammo to my house thread. I haven’t read the study yet but I’ve read the study a dozen times already.

Yup. [horse] Op might as well post a Who delivers ammo to my house thread. I haven’t read the study yet but I’ve read the study a dozen times already.

We need to know when this shit keeps coming up to fight the nonsense with facts. People post this garbage thinking they have some stats to show how "gunz are eeeeevil"

Also, for the actual "new story" LEO and military shoot back...

Hey, stop confusing facts with made up statistics..[rofl]
If firearms are so bad why does the govt. own so many?[cheers]

First off you have to realize the age range, they are out to at least age 22, perhaps age 26 as that’s the age for insurance cut off.

Second, if it’s a nail gun, spud gun, blackhead gun or a real gun it’s on the list.

Third, no mention of how many lives are saved by guns is ever authorized in the MSM.

Bring it up for a Constitutional Amendment - see how that goes.

Not this shit again... I don't even need to look. Most of them will be suicides and gangs. If you're not gonna off yourself, and you don't hang out in gang areas, your chances of dying from guns is extremely low.
Right, complete hogwash! These clowns play fast and loose with the actual stats. At least one anti-gun study defined a "youth" as a person up to the age of 25 years old! Just another ploy to skew the results. Junk science and fake news.

CNN garbage

More US school-age children die from guns than on-duty US police or global military fatalities, study finds - CNN

"Of the deaths, 86% involved boys, the study found. Black children accounted for 41% of those killed, though in recent years they've comprised just 14% of the US population, US census data show."

"The study found these listed causes of death among the children: 61% from assault; 32% from suicide; 5% accidental; and 2% undetermined.
In the 5-to-14-year-old age group, accidents accounted for 12.8% of cases (830 deaths); suicide, 29.6% cases (1,912 deaths); assault, 54.8% cases (3,545 deaths); and undetermined, 2.7% (177 deaths), according to the study.
For those 15 to 18 years old, the cause of death was listed as accidental in 3.5% of cases (1,121 deaths); suicide, 32.9% (10,688 deaths); assault, 62.3% (20,247 deaths); and undetermined, 1.3% (422 deaths)."

My apathy cup over runneth.

I heard this one the news this morning.

The first thing that I was wondering. How many “kids” are there. Who has the number of the population that they include in that group?

Then I’d be interested in the total number of LEO and military?

I’m guessing the numbers are very skewed.

The first thing that I was wondering. How many “kids” are there. Who has the number of the population that they include in that group?

Regarding the numbers and age ranges, the first page of the linked CNN propaganda states both:
Florida Atlantic University's Schmidt College of Medicine said:
38,942 fatalities among 5- to 18-year-olds from 1999 to 2017
. . .
The gun deaths included 6,464 children between the ages of 5 and 14 years old (an average of 340 deaths per year), and 32,478 deaths in children between 15 and 18 years old (an average of 2,050 deaths per year)
. . .
And from 2013 to 2017, racial inequalities in firearm deaths between blacks and whites jumped significantly

Dr. Charles Hennekens pulled out all the stops for this one -- using totals spanning multiple decades? Check. Including 18-year-olds as "children"? Check. Calling out "racial inequalities"? Check.

Then I’d be interested in the total number of LEO and military?
Plus Doc Chuck includes suicides in the total for "child" deaths, but exclude most suicides from the LEO/military death count, despite suicide being one of the largest contributors to both actual child firearms deaths and law enforcement firearms deaths.

That’s not the numbers I’m looking for.
38,942 fatalities out of how many?

If that number is 100 million. But the total number of LEO and military is 10,000 then it’s not comparing similar things.

It’s like saying there are more auto fatalities with people driving Honda vs people driving Bugatti. So we should ban Honda’s.

CNN garbage

86% were killed by Hillary voters.

Don't keep us in suspense -
what are the stats for children in the 19-25yo range?

First off you have to realize the age range, they are out to at least age 22, perhaps age 26 as that’s the age for insurance cut off.
^This.

Yeah yeah....blah blah......don't even have to read the article to know they counted up to 26 years old (what's considered college age for parents to claim a child for taxes) and they counted suicide.......and they counted the gang bangers shooting gang bangers .....and cops shooting armed gang bangers and thugs.

Bottom line..... If your not a gang banger.......and your not thinking of killing you self.....the chances of dying from a gunshot are pretty damn remote.

“The study, to be published in the American Journal of Medicine...” is a desperate disclaimer. The manuscript was submitted, reviewed and accepted for publication but is likely embargoed such that CNN received a copy under Non-Disclosure Agreement legal conditions so CNN can verify content but not release the paper, data, methods, etc. So nobody can question the study from a academic perspective.

The FAU press office has already written up a Press Release to bait news media to request a prepublication package so the press could get the story quick and easy. Dr Hennekens is a very highly cited cardiologist who publishes on aspirin, statins and preventitive medicine. They got him to sign onto the paper just so they could use his name.

It’s all about giving the gun control advocates “medical studies” to distribute to their regional squads that travel from state to state to give the Democratic majorities the rationalization needed to vote in new gun laws. They’de do it anyway but can point to these “medical studies” as justification.

What percentage of those deaths were recorded in gun-controlled Democrap-run shithole sanctuary cities?

CNN garbage

You can make stats say anything you want, this proves that

Gang member have mortality from homicide rates something like 5-8 times higher than non gang members. So that study would look much different if they broke it out by gang associated or non gang associated.

also, would the headline be less hysterical if it said

More US school-age children die from guns than electricians or telecom installers on the job deaths, but trash collectors and truck drivers have higher chance of fatalities on the job, study finds - CNN

It's more dangerous to be a farmer, truck driver, a mechanic, construction worker, garbage collector, steel worker, or a grounds maintenance worker than a LEO. LEO fatalities seems to be about the same as maintenance workers. So it's kind of stupid and misleading for the study to compare LEO deaths with other homicides as if they want people to believe that policemen's jobs are shockingly higher than the guy who collects your trash every Friday.

Most Dangerous Jobs of 2014:

2014 RANK OCCUPATION, FATAL INJURIES PER 100,000 PEOPLE, TOTAL DEATHS
1 Logging workers 110.9 78
2 Fishers and related fishing workers 80.8 22
3 Aircraft pilots and flight engineers 64 82
4 Roofers 47.4 83
5 Refuse and recyclable material collectors 35.8 27
6 Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers 26.7 270
7 Structural iron and steel workers 25.2 15
8 Driver/sales workers and truck drivers 24.7 880
9 Electrical power-line installers and repairers 19.2 25
10 Taxi drivers and chauffeurs 18 68
11 First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers 17.9 130
12 Construction laborers 16.9 208
13 First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers 16.4 33
14 Maintenance and repairs workers, general 14.4 68
15 Police and sheriff’s patrol officers 13.5 97
16 Grounds maintenance workers 13.1 158
17 First-line supervisors of mechanics, installers, and repairers 12.3 38
18 Painters, construction and maintenance 10.8 46
19 Electricians 10.4 79
20 Telecommunications line installers and repairers 10 19

How many die from malpractice or medical wrongdoing again?

About 250k per year. Matrix that with the US (legal) population of 275m and the average lifespan of 77 years and YOUR likelihood of dying from a medical error approaches certainty. Somewhere north of 80% anyway. You can do the math for the exact number.

Almost all of the "assaults" are gang related. Suicides? Coddling kids too much in the era of the participation trophy has yielded a bumper crop of teens and young adults with near zero tolerance for adversity, conflict, or criticism.
My daughter had to put up with other girls mocking her for studying physics and math. No generation cupcake in this one.

Back
Top Bottom