More lurkers on line at NES, at this time, than green members.

IME,When your traveling, lots of people initially think you from NY. Once they find out your from Boston ( I.e. anywhere in NE) they love you. Not sure if they love you as new englanders or just hate New Yorkers ymmv

Maybe a little of both. OK, a lot of hate for New Yorkers and a little love for Ma**h***s / New Englanders. [smile]

Honestly, I think one of the biggest motivators for me to go green was the NES Monadnock shoots, which I miss greatly.
Gold is the new green. Car shoots are still on but from a Huey piloted by @majspud . Turns out @enbloc shoots to make John Wick look like Alyssa Milano.

But seriously, the return on investment at NES is off the charts.

Took me a long time to go green.
80% of what i was reading made me roll my eyes.
However 20% was information that affected me and my decision making.
I found my self checking in routinely.
You have to give back to those entities that give to you.
Go green.

^this^

also took me a while to grow thicker skin to deal with some of the people on here.

Save them for those who are really sick. I’m home and feel pretty good. I chose this career field, and I could have very easily walked away in the last couple weeks. I didnt post any of that for pity or for anyone to feel bad for me. Just a side effect of the job. Lots of people in a way worse spot than me. I do appreciate it though.
You won't find Pity on NES.
Respect, Brother. Respect.
~Enbloc

I recall being on Glocktalk when the AWB expired. It took them YEARS to reach the # of people online at that time. It was epic how many people were lurking on there looking for good intel on no-ban magazines. (There was a guy on there that had a metric-butt-ton of police-trade in "police-only" Glock mags. Without a federal AWB, they were perfectly legal. And with Glock not making another metric-butt-ton before the ban ended to fill supply, he was sitting very pretty indeed selling used mags for basically new-mag prices.)

I finally pulled the plug today to go green. Reading this thread made me realize I'm overdue after being on here for 2+ years. Lots of great threads, great info, and people on here.

Besides, I figured I needed to get in on all the "ghost gunz" I keep hearing about. Am I doing it right if I buy tricked out glock that's all white? I think I'll name it "Casper."

Even though I'm not on here as much as I wish I was, I don't regret going green. My only regret is that I let my membership lapse. Even if I'm not using the forum someone is, and it's going to a good place.

the price you pay for living free. think about it for a moment.

I've thought about it for years. Being electronically strip searched and sniffed to get to a monument erected in honor of our now fading liberty doesn't work out to living free.

Hell, I bought a Green membership for a gal that was a member here, just because she got beat up for not being Green!

I've thought about it for years. Being electronically strip searched and sniffed to get to a monument erected in honor of our now fading liberty doesn't work out to living free.
well now, why don't we just blow it up now and get it over with. future generations can go look at a monument where lady liberty once stood.

also took me a while to grow thicker skin to deal with some of the people on here.
Pffft... pussy.
[laugh] Just kidding HK.

ETA: I went green shortly after I found the site and took an epic beat down from the infamous Scrivener. I was so pissed off, I went green, and have stayed that way since. If you are new, and don't know who I am talking about, use the search feature to find some old threads. He was brilliant, an absolute genius, and could slice up someone brave enough to challenge him is a single sentence.

well now, why don't we just blow it up now and get it over with. future generations can go look at a monument where lady liberty once stood.

Lady Liberty will stand forever! Because in the next corona relief bill Pelosi and Finestein will put in 50 million to recast the face to look like Hillary.

Last edited:
Do you still have to use a hosting service to post pictures? I don't like letting my images out of my control. Especially
gun related ones.

Back
Top Bottom