Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how it was "a tip" that sent them in...probably some douche neighbor who saw the rifles getting loaded into the car for a trip to the range and had to call the cops. what makes it worse is that guy prob bought the mags thinking they were pre ban.

A tip that someone was excercising thier rights, now they're in jail. sad.
Exactly why I load the gun cases into a duffel bag and transport them to the range that way. The less the scared sheeple see, the better. In today's age, with everyone scared and equipped with a cell phone, we must assume the worst will happen and someone will rat us out. Sad, but that is the reality.

Most of them are good guys
Uh-huh, until they slap the cuffs on you for exercising your Second Amendment rights. When you are jailed, facing felony charges, lose your job because of the felony arrest, lose house because you cannot pay mortgage, wife leaves you and takes kids with her, etc. Then tell us how they are such "good guys"!

This cannot be the whole story; Eagle Tribune "story" is almost verbatim the Facebook post.

And as many have stated the endless back patting/circle jerk of each other is ridiculous.

Agents from the federal ATF and Department of Homeland Security both received tips about the high-capacity magazines. The agents later contacted Methuen police, who joined in the investigation along with the FBI.

Last edited:
if i was a taxpayer in that town i would be pounding down the door at the town hall demanding to know if these cocks are getting paid to be on Facebook...

This Sheep's response. "High Capacity Ammunition", lol I didn't know high cap ammo was manufactured can someone point me to a store where i can buy this high cap ammo?

Jenna Hanson: It's a constitutional right to bear arms yes. It's illegal to be in possession of high capacity ammunition and it's not needed. Last time I checked Methuen was not a war zone. Give me an example of when you as a civilian citizen would need something with that firing capacity?

Yes, I always forget that. He could have had a B, which would make the rifles legal but the mags illegal. Methuen is pretty green though, I haven't heard of anyone getting B-rammed there.
A Class B allows the holder to legally own the high-cap mags needed to feed the high-cap rifles and shotguns covered under that license. Unless they were post-ban, of course. Cannot count on the media for the truth. Let's see how these charges stand up in court. Either way, his LTC grew wings and flew away, never to return. If he is found "not guilty", he should bust Methuen PDs balls by immediately applying for a "shall issue" FID!

The Methuen Police are having an open house on Saturday October 12, 2013.
Come join us at the Police Station for our Annual Open House. Demonstrations, Tours, valuable information and Fun for all. See the attached blog link for pics and infor from last years Open House

Perhaps a little organized GOAL rally. I don't suggest OC for this one.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1410075685874510/

A Class B allows the holder to legally own the high-cap mags needed to feed the high-cap rifles and shotguns covered under that license. Unless they were post-ban, of course. Cannot count on the media for the truth. Let's see how these charges stand up in court. Either way, his LTC grew wings and flew away, never to return. If he is found "not guilty", he should bust Methuen PDs balls by immediately applying for a "shall issue" FID!

He won't be able to keep the WASR, AR or his revolver with an FID unfortunately. But I get your point.

if i was a taxpayer in that town i would be pounding down the door at the town hall demanding to know if these cocks are getting paid to be on Facebook...

probably justified as PR tasks

I'm sure that his lawyer will try to keep the lid on this and plead something out, guilty or not, in exchange for keeping his freedom. This would be a great case for some ****ing publicity and open rage against the machine.

A Class B allows the holder to legally own the high-cap mags needed to feed the high-cap rifles and shotguns covered under that license.

Do you have a cite for that? I was unable to find one.

Uh-huh, until they slap the cuffs on you for exercising your Second Amendment rights. When you are jailed, facing felony charges, lose your job because of the felony arrest, lose house because you cannot pay mortgage, wife leaves you and takes kids with her, etc. Then tell us how they are such "good guys"!

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

He won't be able to keep the WASR, AR or his revolver with an FID unfortunately. But I get your point.
With the FID, he can still end up well-armed if he does it right. For 7.62x39, an SKS is a good choice that is FID legal. For .223, a stainless Ruger Mini 14 is also a good FID-legal choice. In .357 magnum, Marlin offers lever-action rifles in this caliber and Ruger offers the stainless KM77/357. All great firearms that will serve any FID holder well. He may wish to add a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 series shotgun as well.

Do you have a cite for that? I was unable to find one.
Right there in MA general law, WRT Class B LTC. Covers everything except hi-cap handguns. If the mags were pre-ban, that case is going nowhere in court and he will have every right to counter-attack with a multi-million-dollar lawsuit for false arrest, false imprisonment, etc. The only thing that might screw him is the "unlawful storage" charge, which is itself a felony. Hope he beats that as well.

Right there in MA general law, WRT Class B LTC. Covers everything except hi-cap handguns. If the mags were pre-ban, that case is going nowhere in court and he will have every right to counter-attack with a multi-million-dollar lawsuit for false arrest, false imprisonment, etc. The only thing that might screw him is the "unlawful storage" charge, which is itself a felony. Hope he beats that as well.

Are you talking about section 131? I see the part about feeding devices but nothing about "large capacity" feeding devices.

Since when does the FBI and Homeland Security have the time or interest in a simple possession of 'hi-capcaity" magazine investigation?

It's beginning to sound like the Feds want this guy for something else... or want to question him for some reason and are using the bogus, trumped up magazine and storage charges as leverage to rat out even bigger fish.

Depends if the firearm was under his "immediate control" at the time, he might even beat that charge...

Pursuant to M.G.L 140, § 131L (a), it is unlawful to store a firearm that is not carried by or under the immediate control of the owner or other authorized user unless the firearm is secured in a locked container or equipped with a safety device that renders the firearm inoperable by anyone other than the owner or other authorized user.

Since when does the FBI and Homeland Security have the time or interest in a simple possession of 'hi-capcaity" magazine investigation?

It's beginning to sound like the Feds want this guy for something else... or want to question him for some reason and are using the bogus, trumped up magazine and storage charges as leverage to rat out even bigger fish.

Yup and the next thing that we'll prob hear is that somehow he was linked to the Boston bombing shit. SMH [bs1]

The comments are all over the place on this one, but the "no one needs a large cap mag" and how its "too much fire power" and the people who think because he was younger he must be up to no good, just gets me worked up,

there are so many times i have heard people say they never thought thay neede xxxxx, and then one day out of the blue something happened and they now wish they did,

Its like some people would be willing to wait untill a bad situation arose to then justify needing a mag with more then 10 rounds, but by then its too late, stupidity and unpreparedness is ramped these days

A good reason to have them if you dont already, is if you look and see a police officer with a high cap mag and believe he needs it, then look at your self and think

1 am i worth less in life then a police officer, to not be able to protected my self with the best tools there are

2 if i was ever in a bad situation, am i not the one who is in need of a high cap mag since i would be the first responder so to speek

I would rather have more rounds then i need, then less then i needed

Depends if the firearm was under his "immediate control" at the time, he might even beat that charge...

Possibly, that is something along the lines I was thinking, but all there is sparse information at this point. I hope this doesn't get broomed under the carpet.

especially when it's not a federal issue. It's only against the law in MA. The Feds have no authority regarding local laws.

Could one say the same for the storage laws as well? Thats too is a state to state thing is it not?
or is there a federal law about storage as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom