• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the ATF FBI dhs assist on a raid of a 24 year old kid who legally owned an AK AR and river gp100. That arsenal could've hurt so many people hmm they only charged him with possessing 2 hi cap mags and a unsafe storage violation. Since when are non federal laws enforced by federal agency's. Good job methuen police you made the streets safer from two pieces of metal.

I love how it was "a tip" that sent them in...probably some douche neighbor who saw the rifles getting loaded into the car for a trip to the range and had to call the cops. what makes it worse is that guy prob bought the mags thinking they were pre ban.

A tip that someone was excercising thier rights, now they're in jail. sad.

They had the ATF FBI dhs assist on a raid of a 24 year old kid who legally owned an AK AR and river gp100. That arsenal could've hurt so many people hmm they only charged him with possessing 2 hi cap mags and a unsafe storage violation. Since when are non federal laws enforced by federal agency's. Good job methuen police you made the streets safer from two pieces of metal.

They are actually charging him over the mags? isn't that a first? Link Please if you have it.

We should probably give the entire department a 4.2% raise every year for the next 6 years. Good Job GUYS!

PURE SPECULATION: Sounds like a BS tip and had to charge with something. END PURE SPECULATION

thanks. Here is the text for non FB users.

On Friday September 27, 2013 detectives from the Methuen Police Department working in conjunction with members of the FBI, ATF and Dept. of Homeland Security working on a tip, seized the following firearms after an investigation.

1 – AK-47 rifle variant described as a “WASR-10” with two 30 round banana clip magazines with 7.62cal rounds

1 - M&P-15 rifle with .223cal rounds and magazines

1 – Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum revolver with .357cal rounds

Taken into custody was: Methuen Resident Jad Ali Mokad age 24y/o. He was charged with the following felonies:

2 counts of Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device (c.269, s.10) said person shall be punished by imprisonment in a state prison for not less than two and one-half years nor more than ten years.

1 count Unsecured Firearm where an under 18 person has access (c.140, s.131L) said person shall be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Mr. Mokad is currently being held at the Methuen Police Dept. pending bail.

This investigation was and excellent example of local and federal law enforcement officers working together to make our community safer. The agents, officers and detectives did an excellent job of following a tip and developing information through investigation to a rapid conclusion resulting in an arrest and seizure of weapons and high capacity magazines.
Chief Solomon

Pic of off FB page
guns_zps4ca61273.jpg

The penalty for possession of post ban std cap mags (10+) in MA is the same as for indecent assault on a child (MGL 265 13B). Up to 10 yrs. For a freaking hunk of metal.

The comments on that post are pathetic.

Wow, pathetic.

Michael Phillips Great Job MPD! Thanks for keeping this city safe. I'm proud to say I am raising my family in this city. Ignore all the other negative BS comments. This isn't a place for people to play race cards or talk about gun rights. It's a place for people to be informed of the things happening in their community and I'm sure I can speak for us all that we appreciate the updates here on Facebook and the work you guys do to keep the city safe!!

Charlene Pariseau Good job MPD and all involved!! Thank you for keeping the city safe.

Last edited:
There has to be more to this story, ATF, FBI and DHS??? If not, what a joke, all that for mags and an unsecured firearm....

Last edited:
There has to be more to this story, ATF, FBI and DHS??? If not, what a joke, all that for mags and an unsecured firearm....

I think the name of the suspect might have something to do with it.

Sounds like they went fishing, and had to come up with something in a hurry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Methuen is essentially being annexed by Lawrence and Haverhill at this point anyway. Few more years and you won't be able to tell the difference between any of them.

And from the picture it was probably the revolver.

Still would love to know how they know the mags are illegal.

If there isn't another angle to this story, I'm sorry this guy has to be the test case but it will be interesting to see how the pre/post ban mag thing plays out. Maybe GOAL or Comm2a would be interested un consulting on the case and pushing for a concrete determination one way or the other for future cases.

(Unrelated note, my autocorrect keeps suggesting Ricin...perhaps I've been typing too much breaking bad)

The comments are insane. Yep. Methuen is safer now that this law abiding citizen is locked up and stripped of his rights. What a danger to society he was!

This biggest most disgusting part about this is the fact that federal alphabet soup agency's assisted in this trivial offense that's not federally against the law! They had no business even wasting our taxpayer dollars for this bogus bullshit. It's probably some douchbag moonbat called the cops saying they saw a terrorist with a machine gun. If I were him id be pushing the civil rights violation angle. Seeing as the only charges listed are those I'd say he had a LTC. Also, no glock or ar47 shotguns found I doubt he's a " gang member " hell it's probably a Nes member lol.

Also, JFC the comments are moonbat central, obviously this guy was a law abiding citizen criminals don't lock there guns. The revolver was probably empty when they found it and id bet the ammo was separate from it. I hope it turns out the mags are clearly pre ban and that the station gets sued into bankruptcy for profiling, racial discrimination, and whatever else he can do to make the polices life just as miserable as they did to him.

If anyone catches wind that Comm2A and/or counsel defending this guy visits this forum starts taking donations, I want in.

I'd love to cram this high-cap mag shit down their throats. btw, whats a banana clip? That like a chip clip for bananas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom