Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the story, and seeing his name as 'Jad Ali Mokad' wonder if there might be more to the story. I'm not against a certain amount of racial profiling.....

For eg. what if they suspect the guy to be some sort of terrorist, but all they could get him for at that moment was the bullshit hicap& storage violation?

It's not like they haven't dropped the ball in the past.

Then they should have done more homework before kicking in the door. "Received a tip" does not constitute "due diligence" in my book.

However, since they had the time to call in a few alphabet agencies, I have a feeling there's more to this story.

it seems like all the papers are quiet on this. I cant find a story anywhere. Google only comes up with the Methuen Facebook page and this thread.

Question: If you have your handguns, shotguns and rifles are all safely secured in a gun safe in a room with a locked door, but do not trigger locks, whose to say once they kick the door in and open the safe that all of them weren't secured.

And the mags? It's not like they stamped 1989 on them.

It makes me want to pack up everything pre-ban I own and move them out of MA.

Sick....

Based on what they know you have, they could have a 'tip' on you too. Do you recall when the had a 'tip' from and 'informant' in Boston iirc years ago that turns out was completely made up? The informant didn't and never existed.

So when they get the urge to raid you, find your pre-bans, they will lock you up, seize and 'charge for storage' your stuff and by the time it get all sorted out - the fine is more than the guns are worth.

BE READY.

Based on what they know you have, they could have a 'tip' on you too. Do you recall when the had a 'tip' from and 'informant' in Boston iirc years ago that turns out was completely made up? The informant didn't and never existed.

So when they get the urge to raid you, find your pre-bans, they will lock you up, seize and 'charge for storage' your stuff and by the time it get all sorted out - the fine is more than the guns are worth.

BE READY.

Also another mechanism to ban guns by creating a whole class of prohibited persons.

DHS is not involved over a hi-cap mag tip. There is more to the story and the Feds are again realizing the downside to involving local agencies. Breaking news on Facebook LOL from MPD... I hope they got a few autographs.

The comments on that post are pathetic.

Of course they're pathetic. They're from facebook friends of the methuen police.

I'm not even understanding the offense here. They're claiming that the magazines are post ban? That's the offense?

People are hammering them on their page and they're responding to some, but it looks like they're also deleting some comments

Question: If you have your handguns, shotguns and rifles are all safely secured in a gun safe in a room with a locked door, but do not trigger locks, whose to say once they kick the door in and open the safe that all of them weren't secured.

And the mags? It's not like they stamped 1989 on them.

It makes me want to pack up everything pre-ban I own and move them out of MA.

Sick....

I'm guessing these guns weren't in a safe, but maybe I missed that. Either way I don't think you should open the safe for the cops unless they have a warrant. First thing you do is contact an attorney so you don't end up screwing yourself even worse than you already are. That being said, I would assume the PD had a warrant if they raided the house.

I'm guessing these guns weren't in a safe, but maybe I missed that. Either way I don't think you should open the safe for the cops unless they have a warrant. First thing you do is contact an attorney so you don't end up screwing yourself even worse than you already are. That being said, I would assume the PD had a warrant if they raided the house.

They don't need to be in a safe if they have a trigger lock.

I just wonder how the Police were able to identify Pre from Post-Ban AK or AR magazines. I would wager that this charge will get dropped.

MPD response
Tony it was not just magazines they are illegal high capacity magazines and there was an additional charge for leaving an unsecured weapon where a person under 18 was present.

My quick contribution:

Without more information, like why were so many alphabet agencies involved, this just shows what kind of clowns are parading around there.

"...with two 30 round banana clip magazines..."

Who writes this nonsensical drivel? It's attributed to the chief. Proving that you don't have a firm grasp on firearms knowledge make me very nervous that the same folks are targeting people who own them.

Is it possible the two counts of post ban hi cap mags are from what appear to be the 20 round AR mags and not the 30 round Romanian AK.

Look at the indented channel on the right side of the longer AR magazines. Those look to me like 10 round magazines.

And it wouldn't surprise me if those AK magazines were ones sold with the gun. This doesn't seem to me like a person who made the decision to violate the law - he probably thought (and probably was, perhaps with exception of the "unsecured" handgun) that he was legal.

I speculate the the police might be under the impression that the per ban mags are illegal because he didn't "lawfully possess" them in 1994. Even though we all know that lawfully posed = manufactured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom