Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0365.jpg

I know someone charged with improper storage, in court the officer testified that the breach lock used did not meet the legal standards.

Point being many cops dont know the laws at all. Even when they prepare themselves for court. I'm sure this is a case of throwing shit against the wall and seeing if it sticks, or them not knowing any better.

Look at the indented channel on the right side of the longer AR magazines. Those look to me like 10 round magazines.

They look like 10 round Pro-Mag's. These cops may of screwed up if the AK mags are pre ban. God, if this is what sends you to jail, we NES folks are all criminals in this state...

They look like 10 round Pro-Mag's. These cops may of screwed up if the AK mags are pre ban. God, if this is what sends you to jail, we NES folks are all criminals in this state...

The gun should have to be used in a crime where some one was hurt or affected for you to be charged with unsafe storage. This is a bullshit law.

Also the FBI protocol has changed in regards of how they handle tips, and especially when coming from local PD's. After the Boston bombing they will send personnel to question or at least shuffle through info.

Local PD called them because of the name of the individual in question, plain and simple, yes it's called profiling. There is no reason for federal agencies to be involved on something like this. They knew before hand that this individual was properly licensed and not some scary criminal.

I haven't seen anything but what I've read here, but....

If he didn't have a LTC-A, pre-ban vs post-ban is not relevant. You need a LTC-A to possess any high-capacity firearm.

The reality of this case it that it's a Fourth Amendment case, and not a Second Amendment case. If the tip came from someone who knows the difference between a ten round magazine and a thirty round magazine, and the information is otherwise deemed reliable, and all he's got is a LTC-B, he's screwed.

If he didn't have a LTC-A, pre-ban vs post-ban is not relevant. You need a LTC-A to possess any high-capacity firearm.

He apparently wasn't charged with possession of a large capacity firearm, so we can assume that he either had an LTC-A or whoever charged him didn't know about that law.

I haven't seen anything but what I've read here, but....

The reality of this case it that it's a Fourth Amendment case, and not a Second Amendment case. If the tip came from someone who knows the difference between a ten round magazine and a thirty round magazine, and the information is otherwise deemed reliable, and all he's got is a LTC-B, he's screwed.

Class B can possess large capacity rifles and shotguns.

Class B can possess large capacity rifles and shotguns.

Yes, I always forget that. He could have had a B, which would make the rifles legal but the mags illegal. Methuen is pretty green though, I haven't heard of anyone getting B-rammed there.

There is way more to this than meets the eye. Maybe to have the Fed alphabet soup in town means that they thought him to be a credible threat. Probably used local police departments intel & that's why they thumped their hollow chests. The Feds are not prosecuting so one can infer that they found nothing. The charges sought are to justify their actions (kicking in the door). This poor sap is being railroaded... Watch this closely & don't let it fade from the spotlight.

Ps; peeps commenting on FB = sheep = majority of MA voters. The ship is leaking boys...and listing left

Per the post he was popped for having an unsecured firearm and 2 illegal mags.

Per the picture he had 4 'hi caps' - 2 30 round AK and 2 20 round AR. If he only got hit with 2 counts than he didn't have a B, he had an A. Looking at the pics I'm guessing 2 of them were doubtful.

The pics show 2 rifles with locks. Neither meet the def of an 'assault weapon' per ma law. What's notable is what he DIDN"T get charged with: Possession of a FA, Unlicensed FA, Possession of an AW. It's a storage charge with the mags added on. The ATF was involved. WTF is the ATF involved with a storage charge? Could it be the dude's name??????? This is pure bullshit.

Yes, I always forget that. He could have had a B, which would make the rifles legal but the mags illegal. Methuen is pretty green though, I haven't heard of anyone getting B-rammed there.

You can have the mag as well no? Just not for handguns I thought.

You can have the mag as well no? Just not for handguns I thought.

Hmm, unclear. Chapter 140, Section 131 says:
A Class B license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry:

[SNIP]

rifles and shotguns, including large capacity rifles and shotguns, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as he deems proper.

It doesn't specify "large capacity feeding devices" by name, and those are defined specifically in section 121 and treated separately in other parts of the MGLs. I don't know.

Hmm, unclear. Chapter 140, Section 131 says:

It doesn't specify "large capacity feeding devices" by name, and those are defined specifically in section 121 and treated separately in other parts of the MGLs. I don't know.

I guess that's why some COP's won't issue B's just A's.

Len can you clarify?

The fact that all these agencies were involved and obviously had intel that he was a "legal" gun owner leads me to believe that something is awry here.

ATF and a few local/state cops would have been more than enough. But Homeland, FBI, ATF and locals... cmon. I dont think even cops are that dumb. That is well beyond overkill for a spooked neighbor. Perhaps he had some p-cookers on his Amazon wishlist. An aspiring canner who Google a few too many Alex Jones articles. Now that would make sense!

By the time anyone who knows [STRIKE=undefined]their shit[/STRIKE] mags sees them, they'll be post-ban.

A guy I shoot with is paranoid of just that. He has a pretty interesting and hopefully fail-safe way of preventing that. I would otherwise be very hard if not impossible to prove in court that the evidence-mag was NOT the one they took from you. I've adopted a similar method in case that ever happened to me.

The long list of those involved is a give away more was up than a simple state level infraction. FBI only gets involved for Federal Infractions, same with ATF - Homeland security has been sticking it's nose in everywhere lately - so that one is a toss up.

We also haven't heard anything about the guy in Hyde Park.

Something stinks.

Remember something else, if someone is invading your home; if you get at least a couple shots off chances are they will pull back. It seems only if you don't shoot (like Jose Guerena, Jerry Waller, Todd Blair, Josh Taylor and many more) you end up dead. If you fire, they will usually pull back and wait for backup - then it is a lot harder to cover up (not impossible).

Just my take on things.

Last edited:
I just wonder how the Police were able to identify Pre from Post-Ban AK or AR magazines. I would wager that this charge will get dropped.

What did the actual charge say? More often than not it is "LCAFD without a license" which pre/post ban does not matter for, at all. That's a way easier charge to prove on someone running without a license. If you were a LEO trying to hook someone up it's a lot easier to do it with that charge than it is to do it with the other one, which has a lot of nebulous-ness attached to it.

-Mike

Per the post he was popped for having an unsecured firearm and 2 illegal mags.

Per the picture he had 4 'hi caps' - 2 30 round AK and 2 20 round AR. If he only got hit with 2 counts than he didn't have a B, he had an A. Looking at the pics I'm guessing 2 of them were doubtful.

The 2 "20 round" AR mags are really 10 rounders.
You can tell by the partial ridge. I have a few of those and they are soid mags.
The LGS sells them by the case. The issue has to be either his licensing level (A vs B)
Mag misidentification or a misinterpretation of the law. Or a combination of the above.

The 2 "20 round" AR mags are really 10 rounders.
You can tell by the partial ridge. I have a few of those and they are soid mags.
The LGS sells them by the case. The issue has to be either his licensing level (A vs B)
Mag misidentification or a misinterpretation of the law. Or a combination of the above.

Or more likely they got a "tip", checked him out in the ATF, FBI and DHS databases, showed up at his house, couldn't find anything seriously wrong and then made stuff up in order to charge the guy. Can't wait to see if there was a lawful search warrant here. I am sh**ting in the MPD Facebook thread because I don't live in MA anymore and I have nothing at risk by criticizing them. Their post was inflammatory and sensationalist. It should have a picture of two magazines and a revolver. It should use the term "alleged" in a lot of places. They can't charge him with unlawful possession of everything else based on them yanking his permit for the two other alleged violations. If he had a Class B those rifles are verboten if I remember right...and wouldn't they have stated that in their list of charges?

If there were agents from those federal agencies at the bust...why? No federal laws were broken by all appearances. This is great police work! (he says sarcastically)

I like seeing my FB friends commenting, but they're not getting answered by MPD. How ****ing professional is a dept. that laughs at shit like this. JFC, it's like a 12 year old bully is typing away. **** them and **** their egos. [angry2]

Or more likely they got a "tip", checked him out in the ATF, FBI and DHS databases, showed up at his house, couldn't find anything seriously wrong and then made stuff up in order to charge the guy. Can't wait to see if there was a lawful search warrant here. I am sh**ting in the MPD Facebook thread because I don't live in MA anymore and I have nothing at risk by criticizing them. Their post was inflammatory and sensationalist. It should have a picture of two magazines and a revolver. It should use the term "alleged" in a lot of places. They can't charge him with unlawful possession of everything else based on them yanking his permit for the two other alleged violations. If he had a Class B those rifles are verboten if I remember right...and wouldn't they have stated that in their list of charges?

If there were agents from those federal agencies at the bust...why? No federal laws were broken by all appearances. This is great police work! (he says sarcastically)

This is what I was thinking. Oh noes methuen pd is gonna pull suitability because I questioned there tyranny, good thing in a nh resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom