Maura partners with Mass Medical Society to help Docs teach gun safety

If I were to guess, this is some back door shit to pass new laws. I am sure this is a way to eventually categorize gun ownership/use as a health hazard, which probably provides some workaround this whole pesky second amendment issue. She is truly the devil.

This, any doctor doing this crap is going to note it in your file, and any BS like "It's none of your business" or "I refuse to answer that" will simply be put down as a yes you own guns.

I see it as an avenue to increase rates, or outright deny coverage for gun owners. Insurers would love to be able to charge you more because you engage in "risky behavior". My last life insurance policy purchased, I was asked if I scuba dive or sky dive. I can see them adding "own guns" to that list.

At least in the dental world . . .

- My current dentist is a very serious fly fisherman, his Son-in-Law is NYPD and he enjoys going shooting with him. Last we discussed he was thinking of getting his LTC.

- The two dental surgeons he sent me to, one was a great pro-2A guy that dragged his staff into the room with me so I could educate them about MA gun laws. He was a life-long hunter and sometimes ccw. He retired to the Cape and I miss him, real cool guy. Other one also a real cool guy with a Son on a Neponset Valley PD and he enjoyed going shooting with his Son.

My PCP knows what I do for a living, has no issues with it. His former office manager had two Sons in the Military and had pictures of her shooting with them over her desk area.

We have heard from health care providers who’ve told us that they want to talk to their patients about gun safety,

Yet these same doctors and other health care providers haven't made a peep about medical errors that kill far more people every year.

Strange. Maybe we, as gun owners, can talk to Maura and she'll start focusing on that instead. [rofl]

"We've heard from gun owners who've told us they want to talk to their doctors about medical errors." LOL

I'd say doc I like to get high on peyote and run around the desert with no less than four firearms carried in condition one. Are you asking if I need a 5th

I'm not sure what all the uproar is about.

I get all my gun safety advice from my doctor.

Similarly, whenever I have a medical problem, I hop on down to Collectable Arms and ask the guys behind the counter what I should do.

I am trying not to laugh at the fact that the gun on the front page of their brochure is the same gun I sold to someone years ago, who accidentally shot himself in the leg with that gun the same night. (Czech CZ50, although I think the one in that photo is a CZ70 which just has a redesigned hammer and grip.)

I love this "gun safety" crap.

With cars, is "car safety" locking them all up and hiding them away? Or is "car safety" teaching people how to properly and safely operate them through training? Why are guns any different? Notice how firearms training is conspicuously left off of the pamphlet.

This lady needs to go away. My doctors are in a rural green town, they don't ask the gun safety questions (but they do ask all kinds of other stupid crap like seat-belt use and alcohol consumption).

If your Dr ever asks this question, gently laugh and ask him/her to get on with the exam without recognizing the validity of the question. If the Dr pushes, it's probably time to get a new Dr.

Funny at the end they outline things the doctor can do to turn you in to authorities while sidestepping HIPPA. Right after a section telling them they can write down any interactions they have with you about this in your records.

^^^this is the scary part

Just say you don't own any. If your doctor is pulling this shit, admitting you own guns is probably the last thing you want to do. No matter what, it's none of their goddamn business.

^^^this is what i plan to do if ever asked...hasn't happened yet

This story reminded me of what that hag Pelosi said a couple yrs ago, about returning Veterans being more of a threat (because PTSD and meds) to America than Islamic terrorists. Seems to be quite a few Veterans here including myself, my train of thought is that if you're seeing a doc and getting scripts for anything even slightly related be very careful about what you say to them.

For that matter even civilians here that may be taking or have taken anti-depressants or similar meds they will eventually try to make us all restricted persons.

This could be the start of her end around collecting data. I don't know the legalities of it all, but if they're trying to get around HIPPA laws, who knows what this maniac will try.

^^^this has scary potential

They want the kids to tell the doctors what you own.

^^^this is when you can tell your kids to lie

I see it as an avenue to increase rates, or outright deny coverage for gun owners. Insurers would love to be able to charge you more because you engage in "risky behavior". My last life insurance policy purchased, I was asked if I scuba dive or sky dive. I can see them adding "own guns" to that list.

^^^this also has scary potential

Exactly. To liberals Knowledge is the key to everything except firearms which proves safety is not what they want. It shows that their agenda is disarmament.

I love this "gun safety" crap.

With cars, is "car safety" locking them all up and hiding them away? Or is "car safety" teaching people how to properly and safely operate them through training? Why are guns any different? Notice how firearms training is conspicuously left off of the pamphlet.

WTF does "at risk of accidental injury mean"? This raises serious red flags- A cranky relative can basically snitch you out for what ever this means and voila- you become unsuitable.

“We have heard from health care providers who’ve told us that they want to talk to their patients about gun safety, in the same way they talk to their patients about seat belts, vaccinations, and use of tobacco and alcohol. This is about saving lives. This is about preventing needless injury and death,” the attorney general told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz." I have never ever had an MD ask me about seatbelt use. Healey will say almost anything to put a spin on what she's doing. Her momma deserves to be punched in da mouth.

“We have heard from health care providers who’ve told us that they want to talk to their patients about gun safety, in the same way they talk to their patients about seat belts, vaccinations, and use of tobacco and alcohol. This is about saving lives. This is about preventing needless injury and death,” the attorney general told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz." I have never ever had an MD ask me about seatbelt use. Healey will say almost anything to put a spin on what she's doing. Her momma deserves to be punched in da mouth.

If this ever does surface for me I'm thinking, realistically, rather then tell it's none of your business or similar, I'm just going to as if she/he realizes that more people die from slips and falls, medical malpractice, and more kids die from drinking the shit under the sink. Then politely say I don't wish to discuss any non medical/political issues at the doctor's office and would appreciate if we stick to biology instead during these visits.

Why don't they talk to their patients about medical malpractice, it's a much more dangerous threat than guns.

This lady needs to go away.

She is not a lady!...

She is not any kind of a lady!
She was spawned in a ditch
By a mother who left her there,
Naked and cold and too hungry to cry;
She never blamed her.
She's sure she left hoping
That She'd have the good sense to die!
Then, of course, there's her father...
She's told that young ladies
Can point to their fathers
With maidenly pride;
Her's was some regiment
Here for an hour,
She can't even tell you which side!
So of course she became,
As befitted her delicate birth,
The most casual bride
Of the murdering scum of the earth!

This. This is why my kid will NEVER be left alone with the doctor and why when he's a bit older I'll sit him down and have the "here's a list of shit that is no one's business outside the family" talk with him.

I had it with mine when he was younger.
If anyone at school asks questions , the answer is that's none of your business and I'll be telling my parents you are asking me.
He was never alone with the doctor or nurse , ever.

Since guns are a public health concern; does this mean that my doctor can prescribe me some guns and they will fill the prescription under my insurance?

To paraphrase "The" Bruce Dickinson; “I got a fever and the only prescription is more [cowbell] 1892 Lever Action Rio Bravo Carbine .357 Mag”

If that means Doctors actually giving patients both sides of the vaccine story and letting them judge risk vs benefit, but wait, that never happens.

Wife and I were talking about this. Our son has had the "family business" talk and understands to keep things among ourselves generally, but we're wondering how to handle the question if it comes up at the pediatrician's. The easiest answer if probably "no we don't", but then again I have no wish to lie in front of my son as if we're doing something wrong or immoral. That's not the example I want to set.

Wife and I were talking about this. Our son has had the "family business" talk and understands to keep things among ourselves generally, but we're wondering how to handle the question if it comes up at the pediatrician's. The easiest answer if probably "no we don't", but then again I have no wish to lie in front of my son as if we're doing something wrong or immoral. That's not the example I want to set.

By saying anything other than no, logically, you're essentially saying yes.

Doc, I don't own any guns they own me. I mean liberals claim that inanimate objects cause violence so they also must be capable of owning things and doing who knows what else.

When asked any non medical questions, I mention that I've come here for medical assistance. I've taken time off from work, driven here, arrived on time and waited past my appointment time to see you. I payed my co-pay before seeing you and your office will submit a bill to my insurance company which will reimburse you for your time and medical expertise. My time and expertise is valuable also. As both of us are professionals, the discussion of fee's before we proceed is both fair and expected. My normal rate is $5.00 with a minimum of 5 hours due before any further discussion can occur. I take cash, checks, Paypal, and via Square I can take most major credit cards with a 4% additional fee. Oh, that $5.00 is per minute. Doctor, how will you be paying today?

Never gets that far.

A God given right is NOT a health issue.

Only been asked once at a surgeon's office by his medical assistant taking a patient history. Answered "boundary violation" and she moved on to the next question.

Back
Top Bottom