• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura partners with Mass Medical Society to help Docs teach gun safety

If a doctor starts to talk to me about gun safety, I'll tell him "I have 250 hours of formal firearms training and I'm a certified instructor and range safety officer. What are your qualifications to instruct me about firearm safety?"

My doctor's not a total fag so he'd never bother with this shit. He's very old school in a lot of ways and has never once ever hinted at any political shit or liberal BS "public heath" issues. He's an actual doctor who concerns himself with his actual patient's biological functioning.

My son goes to general practice office totally run by women. All docs are broads, all staff etc. My wife and son have the same doctor. I've already told my wife I want to find him a male doctor and he won't be having too many visits there. None of them have ever mentioned guns, but I get the feeling that this is the type of office that will pull that type of shit and I'd rather just leave before the time comes. I know my wife will be displeased with me when I tell her doctor to mind her own ****ing business so I'd rather just avoid it before it happens.

Yeah, I can just picture the "Gun Safety" brochure now.

"See Something, Say Something"

"If your neighbor has a gun, call the police"

"Turn in your father's guns at the next gun buyback and get a gift card - no questions asked"

If a doctor starts to talk to me about gun safety, I'll tell him "I have 250 hours of formal firearms training and I'm a certified instructor and range safety officer. What are your qualifications to instruct me about firearm safety?"

That is an excellent prepared response; rep inbound.

As for me; my PCP is a member at my local Rod & Gun Club. Yeah, I'm serious.

All legal firearms owners in Massachusetts have taken a state-required safety course and received a certificate from the State Police. They have also passed a State Police background check, a mental health inquiry, and been approved by both their local chief of police and a state board. When a person purchases a firearm from a dealer in Massachusetts, they receive legally mandated instructions specific to that firearm (safe unloading procedure, and accuracy based on barrel length) as well as a letter about suicide prevention.
There is no lack of safety information for gun owners; quite the opposite. That might be worth mentioning in future articles, rather than taking the words of the activist AG as gospel.
This is asinine. It’s a waste of tax payer money; just another way for AG Healey to harass lawful firearm owners. She has made it abundantly clear that she is ignorant of the laws on the books, and has targeted lawful gun owners to address problems that simply don’t exist (or are statistically insignificant) – crimes committed with legally owned firearms, and injuries resulting from them.
A doctor has no more business discussing firearms with a patient than they do kitchen knives, cars, range-top ovens, or heavy furniture – all of which are tools just like firearms, and all of which more likely to cause injury or death to the operator. Any comparison of gun ownership to smoking cigarettes, using alcohol or abusing drugs is intentionally deceptive and utterly inaccurate – activists trying to imply a “wrongness” or “badness” to a safe, common practice.

Owned. Owned? Are we still allowed to say "owned" or did the PC police take that one away?

This just came on teh news. Her and some police chief reading their stupid prepared statements about "curious young children" and how this really is "a public health issue".

I wish she'd just FOAD. Just seeing her ugly mug on the tv made me want to throw my remote through the screen.

She's already proven herself an untrustworthy amoral tool.
This sounds like she's just trying to legitimize another angle of attack on 2A rights.
And Doctors should learn not to stick their nose into things they know nothing about.
Start becoming an arm of the government and no one will trust you with shit.

This just came on teh news. Her and some police chief reading their stupid prepared statements about "curious young children" and how this really is "a public health issue".

I wish she'd just FOAD. Just seeing her ugly mug on the tv made me want to throw my remote through the screen.

on Thursday this week they are giving a gun safety presentation to anyone in the town who wants to go. The are holding it at the main public library in the town. I already know what kind of S#it show that is going to be. Morbid curiosity makes me want to go and see what BS they will spew.

I guess this is their agenda:

Secure Guns in homes and vehicles
Model responsible behavior around guns
Ask about unsecured guns in other homes
Recognize the risks of teen suicide
Tell your peers to be SMART

Gun safety = proper handling and aim that only can come through training. I doubt that these important lessons are being taught.

NES SAYS "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice"

You are correct, there is absolutely nothing in there about gun safety. Do you think they even considered asking the NRA for input on gun safety? Or for that matter anybody or any group?

First: The video clip has some interesting handguns .....like from a museum. [laugh]

Second: I do have to give the writers of the brochure credit, for not telling the readers that selling them to another licensed person, or FFL is better than surrendering them.

Third: In exchange for an MD telling me about it, I'll tell him how to balance the humors of an overly-sangune patient. [rolleyes]

Fourth: Sensible move by You-Know-Who, making it about "health" and not Civil Rights. Politicians gonna politick....and her target demographic will eat it up.

I'll ask him to do a blood test for lead. When he asks why, just say range time. They can't refuse and it will be negative insurance points for him. Just make sure it's after he lubes his glove. [shocked]

Secure Guns in homes and vehicles
Ask about unsecured guns in other homes
Recognize the risks of teen suicide
Tell your peers to be SMART

You get points for turning in family and neighbors comrade.

The blind leading the blind

I think dumb leading the dumber is the sentiment you're looking for. And it's more accurate.

When will she team up with GOAL to teach prescription drug safety or how to spot medical errors before they happen?

Excellent. We have a clear official ruling that it is perfectly acceptable to store some or all of your guns at a shooting buddy's house without eFA10'ing them over, and that storage in a =rental storage unit does not violate MGL:

As long as a gun is properly stored so that it is inaccessibleto unlicensed persons, it does not legally need to be kept in
the owner’s home. For instance, if a gun is primarily used
for hunting, it could be stored in another location when not
being used for that purpose. Examples of remote locations
might include:
•• At another licensed person’s home
•• In a secure storage unit
•• In a bonded warehouse for gun storage
•• In a second home

It's not as bad as I expected. I mentions selling guns to a licensed person or dealer as the best disposal mechanism since it realizes full value, and suggests donating unwanted guns to a gun safety organization.

Been doing that for years, modeling the responsible behavior of regular carry.

Last edited:
Funny at the end they outline things the doctor can do to turn you in to authorities while sidestepping HIPPA. Right after a section telling them they can write down any interactions they have with you about this in your records.

Maura here is something that will work. Boston and other liberal cities across this country solve 5-15 % of gun crimes including murder. If you focus on real crimes, and get your convictions up crime will fall dramatically as everyone knows must of these crimes are by repeat offenders. If you get convictions and apply all the laws currently on the books and put these people away for extended period of times, they won't be committing additional crimes. Stop wasting the people in your office time and tax payers money by using your office to advance your political agenda and ideology, your job is to enforce the law as written, not to rewrite or pick and choice what laws to enforce and who should be prosecuted and investigate.

Back
Top Bottom