Maura partners with Mass Medical Society to help Docs teach gun safety

I go not see any markings or serial numbers on the "gun" on the front of the new brochure. Were they obliterated?

Funny at the end they outline things the doctor can do to turn you in to authorities while sidestepping HIPPA. Right after a section telling them they can write down any interactions they have with you about this in your records.

Put it on the list for Trump to fix.

Sigh.

Perhaps we could increase the training for physicians in, say, nutrition first?

The majority of medical schools have an average of 23.9 contact hours of nutrition education for doctors.

(Any physicians you know ever talk to there patients about diet? Yeah, all of them...based on a rather poor exposure. Yet we perceive them as experts in the field: good food+ appropriate medicine=healthy body.)

...Just nonsense.

When they hand us these gun safety brochures we should hand them a needle safety brochure in return.

Always assume your needle is loaded
Keep your finger off your needle until you're ready to fire
Always keep your needle pointed in a safe direction and never stick a needle in anything you want to destroy
Always be sure of your needles target and what's behind it

This whole thing is kindof funny, in MA if your a legal gun owner you took the safety coarse to get your license.if you haven't taken the safety coarse and have a gun your either a "criminal" or quite old a d somehow managed not to be a victim of "gun violence".

If a doctor was going to say anything about guns it should be.. " im Not asking if you own guns, but if you don't you should still take a gun safety coarse and teach your children about guns, it could save their life.....remember some people are stupid..dont let your kids go over stupid peoples houses."

Time to submit a FOIA request of her contact with health care providers and wait for the eventual refusal to provide it. It probably came to her in a dream like her edict.

When my Dr asks me, I'm just going to hand one of those pocket Constitution's they hand out at the gun shows.

Just say you don't own any. If your doctor is pulling this shit, admitting you own guns is probably the last thing you want to do. No matter what, it's none of their goddamn business.

Haven't doctors been asking this shit for almost 20 years? This is just a way for her to get more exposure, any press flesh with the well heeled as she prepares for Governor.

Well...I live in NH. My doc is in NH....and was in the military....and I see him at the range all the time.

Sooo....NH ftw

Last edited:
Just say you don't own any. If your doctor is pulling this shit, admitting you own guns is probably the last thing you want to do. No matter what, it's none of their goddamn business.

This, any doctor doing this crap is going to note it in your file, and any BS like "It's none of your business" or "I refuse to answer that" will simply be put down as a yes you own guns.

The state DPH and hospital med services will keep you safe

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/...orton-hospital-after-taunton-stabbing-rampage
TAUNTON — Nine weeks after two people in Taunton were stabbed to death and two others wounded, an investigation has absolved the state's psychiatric, hospital-service program and Morton Hospital of any deficiency for discharging the killer — hours before he embarked on his murderous rampage.But a statement from Morton Hospital's parent company, Boston-based Steward Health Care System, says the state's investigation could have been avoided — if all of the MassHealth clinical psychiatrists previously assigned to Morton had been eligible to be "credentialed" by the Taunton hospital.
The investigation's conclusions "were the result of the state's practice of providing uncredentialed practitioners to Morton Hospital's emergency department," a statement issued by Steward spokesman Jeff Hall stated.
Two days after the May 10 killing spree by 28-year-old Arthur DaRosa, Steward announced it had cut ties with Norton Emergency Services — one of four Emergency Services Programs operated by the state's Department of Mental Health (DPH), the latter of which is an agency within the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
The state's report says nine of 10 Norton ESP team clinicians are licensed, but does not indicate how many of them have achieved the ranking of a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) — which requires either a doctoral or master's degree in social work, in addition to thousands of hours of field experience.

This story reminded me of what that hag Pelosi said a couple yrs ago, about returning Veterans being more of a threat (because PTSD and meds) to America than Islamic terrorists. Seems to be quite a few Veterans here including myself, my train of thought is that if you're seeing a doc and getting scripts for anything even slightly related be very careful about what you say to them.

For that matter even civilians here that may be taking or have taken anti-depressants or similar meds they will eventually try to make us all restricted persons.

This could be the start of her end around collecting data. I don't know the legalities of it all, but if they're trying to get around HIPPA laws, who knows what this maniac will try.

Haven't doctors been asking this shit for almost 20 years? This is just a way for her to get more exposure, any press flesh with the well heeled as she prepares for Governor.

Yes, but they aren't attention whores running for governor.

My doctor has never brought up the issue of guns even though I asked for a blood test for Pb during my exam last year. I told him the reason why, and when he heard that I sometimes shoot indoors, he didn't blink an eye. He did give me some papers about a variety of things, one of which was worded to the effect, if you or anyone living in your household has access to firearms, make sure that you know how to clean and use them.

"I'm sorry - how many non-medical devices in my house do you want to know about?"

"I see - and your specific training in all those devices is exactly what?"

"So can you change the oil and do a break job on my [vehicle] too? It's about training and education, etc."

Medical care being the 3rd leading cause of death in the USA has no ground to stand on in any discussion about safety of anything.

My last doctor, who has since retired was pretty cool. When he saw a shirt I had on with a S&W logo on it he took me into his inner office, reached into his desk and pulled out a Colt 1911 and dropped it onto his desk. Said "I carry a Colt." Turns out he had been on the Army Pistol Team.

Back
Top Bottom