Massive Recoil

Old, but good. Too bad someone decided to overdub with music.

Somewhere I have a directory of ALL the "accuratereloading.com" videos.

Some of them are classic. The one I like the best is when this british/au guy shoots the thing from the bench, and the recoil is so intense that he comments about almost biting his tongue off. [laugh]

-Mike

I REALLY want to shoot one of those.

I'd have to take a week off to rehab my shoulder, but it would be SO worth it.

I wish someone would chamber a revolver for that cartridge.

Here's something pretty damn close:

600-gun-1.jpg

Having fired a double-barreled .600 Nitro rifle, all I can say is: "Hang the F on"... [wink]

Having fired a double-barreled .600 Nitro rifle, all I can say is: "Hang the F on"... [wink]

Not that I've ever fired a .600 Nitro anything, but I can tell you that the recoil from a 700gr .500 magnum is far worse from my Handi-Rifle than it is from a revolver.

What you're losing is the ability to allow your arms to bend at the elbows and shoulders to absorb the recoil. With the rifle, every bit of that energy hits you in the shoulder.

Here's a neat little article about the .600 Nitro revolver...Group buy?

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

Caliber: .600 Nitro Express or .458 Winchester Magnum
Muzzle Velocity: 462 m/s with FMJ 900 grain bullet
Muzzle energy: 6,230 joules
Weight: 13.23 lbs
Cylinder Capacity: 5 rounds
Barrel length: 13 inches
Overall length: 21.65 inches
Features: Special browned steel. as Every revolver is an individual product we can satisfy every customers wish
The Zeliska comes with an exclusive wooden case

I don't know all that much about EC besides the random comments like "Would EC hit it?" or "Waiting for EC to show up". Is it safe to assume that he is the resident bad ass here at NES? I mean, what type of person watches a video like that and says:

I wish someone would chamber a revolver for that cartridge.
[shocked]

Statements like that raise people like EC to mythical status. At least in the minds of young punks like me.

i doubt i would drop that rifle like those people did, it would have to be brutal for that thing to fly out of my hands...

most of those people in the video had really bad shooting stances, which is a obvious massive disadvantage to shooting anything over .22lr

Back
Top Bottom