• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massive Trove of Gun Owners’ Private Information Leaked by California Attorney General

First the SCOTUS Dobbs leak, then this CA gun owner database leak - what next? I think this is akin to self-activated terrorist cells, where Progressives in places of trust and authority are making a personal decision that their ends justify their means. Hackers? Maybe - but hackers are looking for $$$ if "private" or political disruption if political. If Russia, China or Iran wanted to stir shit, these would be the right topics to fan the flames already burning. But I’ll stick with a lower level of conspiracy theories for now.

I don’t much like the term “domestic terrorism", partly as it applies to me in the several ways Progressives have used it, but mostly as it distracts from the grave danger of domestic terrorism. So, I’ll call such actions "Partisan Sabotage" instead.

This is where repressive regimes have it on free, Western countries - China would just execute everyone twice removed from such "leaks" along with their families.

The real irony here is that they're in violation of California's GDPR laws, but you can't sue them because they're the government, and the government is the one who decides if you can sue the government.

Moral of the story here is that lists are bad. These people are so screwed for the rest of their lives thanks to this release of PII. Every one of them will end up being the victim of identity theft for sure, and there's no possible way to get relief from that.
Identity theft is the least of their problems. Every scumbag on the planet looking to steal guns and ammo now has a list of places to rob and will be casing out these homes to find the perfect time to break in and rob the places blind. I’m sure most of these homes don’t have gun vaults and are easy pickings next to a gun store.

Identity theft is the least of their problems. Every scumbag on the planet looking to steal guns and ammo now has a list of places to rob and will be casing out these homes to find the perfect time to break in and rob the places blind. I’m sure most of these homes don’t have gun vaults and are easy pickings next to a gun store.

I mean, you can always move. You can't have your identity unstolen....

WHO IS IMPACTED

Based on the DOJ’s current investigation, the incident exposed the personal information of individuals who were granted or denied a concealed and carry weapons (CCW) permit between 2012-2021.

As of now, we know that the exposed data included: full name, date of birth, address, gender, race, CCW license number, California Information Index number (which is automatically generated during a fingerprint check for a CCW or for another purpose), and other government-issued identifiers. In some cases, exposed information may also include driver’s license number, and internal codes corresponding to the statutory reason that a person is prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Additionally, DOJ is investigating the extent to which any personally identifiable information could have been exposed from the following dashboards: Assault Weapon Registry, Dealer Record of Sale, Firearm Certification System, and Gun Violence Restraining Order dashboards. We will post an update here as soon as additional information is confirmed.”

Last night I was at a little get together with some my Wife's friends from her home town. One of them just came back to visit from Northern Cali. He is one of the 65,000 that have CCW in the state with his name on that list. He is absolutely pissed about this. Like others said, $h!t like this doesn't happen accidentally. I hope they find out who did this and leak out their personal information.

WHO IS IMPACTED

Based on the DOJ’s current investigation, the incident exposed the personal information of individuals who were granted or denied a concealed and carry weapons (CCW) permit between 2012-2021.

As of now, we know that the exposed data included: full name, date of birth, address, gender, race, CCW license number, California Information Index number (which is automatically generated during a fingerprint check for a CCW or for another purpose), and other government-issued identifiers. In some cases, exposed information may also include driver’s license number, and internal codes corresponding to the statutory reason that a person is prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Additionally, DOJ is investigating the extent to which any personally identifiable information could have been exposed from the following dashboards: Assault Weapon Registry, Dealer Record of Sale, Firearm Certification System, and Gun Violence Restraining Order dashboards. We will post an update here as soon as additional information is confirmed.”
I'm sure they will be all over it . [rolleyes]

Last night I was at a little get together with some my Wife's friends from her home town. One of them just came back to visit from Northern Cali. He is one of the 65,000 that have CCW in the state with his name on that list. He is absolutely pissed about this. Like others said, $h!t like this doesn't happen accidentally. I hope they find out who did this and leak out their personal information.
They were probably rewarded for leaking it. Nothing will happen to whomever leaked it.

Back
Top Bottom