• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Democrats seek to ban parts that could be used to make suppressors

Here’s what’s next….banning common sense will make everything more illegal! Ugh, I’d leave this fu$king state now if I could.
Well, there's always the 07FFL/SOT. You buy or make all the silencers you want and register them with NFA branch on a Form2 or 3. No prior approval needed to build them. Jack.

Last edited:
The rep needs to be asked the question on what exactly crisis is he dealing with? How many murders in MA were committed with these "home made suppressors"?

If the answer is none (which it is) or less than 5, it's not a f***ing crisis and cocksucker deliberately pushing some bullshit agenda and needs to be kicked out of the office for life.
Idiot never heard a shot with silencer in his life. All they know are stupid Hollywood movies.

Anyway whoever was the moron who called suppressor a ‘silencer’ has made a huge disservice to all.

It’s already illegal on a federal level, what’s the point here besides grandstanding?
What is Illegal on a “federal level”? You can build a suppressor on a Form 1 in any state that they’re legal to possess. The Feds don’t give a shit what you do as long as submit the proper paperwork beforehand.

FYI: Hunting with suppressors is legal in NH without any kind of permission slip. And so is Maine. Jack.
The private hunting club my BIL hunts in Georgia made it mandatory.
I guess when the deer were running it sounded like "Omaha beach" according to one of the nearby landowners.

So the members got together and agreed that they would only hunt with suppressors. It made the neighbors feel better, some of whom leased land to the club.
He bought a sweet suppressor for his 308.

name one mass shooting in the US that was done with subsonic .22lr, I won't even add the suppressed caveat
We noticed a precipitous drop in lawn squirrels over the past month.
We've only seen one in the past week,
whereas not long ago 2-3 were going non-stop, at a minimum.

We thought it was a pair of red-tailed hawks we've seen orbiting,
but now you've got me wondering...

So what are they going to do remove all the washers, steel wool and pipes off the shelf of all the hardware and big box stores. You will have to go to another state to buy a washer are they going to set up State Police road blocks looking for washers? This is just stupid but considering this is the ideas of the
law makers of this state it makes perfect sense. No for thought just a knee jerk reaction without thinking about the big picture.

Last edited:
The rep needs to be asked the question on what exactly crisis is he dealing with? How many murders in MA were committed with these "home made suppressors"?

If the answer is none (which it is) or less than 5, it's not a f***ing crisis and cocksucker deliberately pushing some bullshit agenda and needs to be kicked out of the office for life.
The reason the numbers are so low is obvious. These super killy homeade silencesuppressorizers are so effective they never even find the bodies. They are classified as missing persons instead. These victims are often missing for days before anyone notices.

The political class knows how much of an undercurrent of anger there is against them and they are scared that peons will start shooting them but no one will hear gunshots.

I would want them to hear the gunshots getting closer so they will die terrified.

Okay, here's a link to the actual bill: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H2530.pdf

I'll say what I always say when people get spun up about a mere bill: 'statistically it has a .1% or less of getting enacted into law, yawn'. That said, this bill is demonstrably one of the most deranged gun control proposals I've seen in the last ten years.

Basically the bill extends the definition of what's an illegal silencer to "any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating any such instrument, attachment, weapon or appliance, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication".

That's pretty broad. I'm starting to think back to a case where the popo put together some reloading supplies and charged the guy with possessing bomb making materials. I can assure you that any motivated cop or prosecutor can rummage through my shop and cobble together a 'combination of parts' and spin a narrative of how they're intended for use in 'such an assembly'.

On the other hand if you approach the potential resulting statue from a reasonably strict textual perspective, the use of the words 'intended' and 'only' make it kind of toothless. A prosecutor would have to prove intent and the defense would only have to show that the 'parts' had other uses.

So, victory goes to Rep. Tucker. He got his name in the paper. Yeah! Time to move on.

Idiot never heard a shot with silencer in his life. All they know are stupid Hollywood movies.

Anyway whoever was the moron who called suppressor a ‘silencer’ has made a huge disservice to all.
Unfortunately it was their inventor. Hiram Percy Maxim, the original inventor, marketed them as "Maxim Silencers”. From a marketing point of view calling them “silencers” makes much more sense the call them “suppressors” or (as the do in Europe) “moderators”. I mean, what exactly is being suppressed or moderated? With silencer, you know it is making the gun quiet. It might not be truly silent, but what piece of marketing is ever 100% honest.:)

So what are they going to do remove all the washers, steel wool and pipes off the shelf of all the hardware and big box stores. You will have to go to another state to buy a washer are they going to set up State Police road blocks looking for washers?
Hell, someone will Tweet out cell phone video of a Beacon Hill pol
coming out of Owe's in South Nashua with a brown paper bag full of washers.

Unfortunately it was their inventor. Hiram Percy Maxim, ...
perryhead.jpg
C8a2DBnUMAA6yww.jpg

Learn to tell them apart.

Unfortunately it was their inventor. Hiram Percy Maxim, the original inventor, marketed them as "Maxim Silencers”. From a marketing point of view calling them “silencers” makes much more sense the call them “suppressors” or (as the do in Europe) “moderators”. I mean, what exactly is being suppressed or moderated? With silencer, you know it is making the gun quiet. It might not be truly silent, but what piece of marketing is ever 100% honest.:)
True, but they are "silencers" on all ATF paperwork and are registered as such. If it's a permanent part of the gun (integral) the whole thing is registered as a silencer with the S/N of the gun used with a prefix. Got to keep ATF happy. Jack.

True, but they are "silencers" on all ATF paperwork and are registered as such. If it's a permanent part of the gun (integral) the whole thing is registered as a silencer with the S/N of the gun used with a prefix. Got to keep ATF happy. Jack.
I believe they are “silencers” because that’s what the US National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 calls them, since that’s what they were know by at that time (Maxim’s trademark being issued in 1909). The term “suppressor” wasn’t technically applied to silencers until S W Daniel Inc (of Cobray and MAC-10 fame) used it in a 1985 patent application (US4530417A) for a device "for reducing the muzzle blast of firearms or the like”.

And my question to him would be how many firearm crimes have they found a homemade silencer used at?

I bet it’s most likely zero or a small fraction of a percent.
Does it matter?

Ghost silencers, man, ghost silencers. It’s a sure fire hit for his next campaign, the f***ing putz

Back
Top Bottom