Massachusetts Democrats seek to ban parts that could be used to make suppressors

BOSTON — Massachusetts is among a handful of states that bans silencers, also called sound suppressors. However, some people say gun owners are finding a way around the restrictions with legally purchased kits often assembled with household items.

Yeah, and guess what? That working silencer is then illegal for most of us peons here in the republic. Even if there are people who are willing to break the law to do this, they'll also be willing to break some future law with the parts as well. So what's the f**king point? Zero net gain in passing this law. Waste of time and energy.

But how about this: Make them legal and require the same tax stamp as every other state that allows them. And guess what? You then know everyone who has one instead of now, where you only know if you catch someone.

Guy is not from the US so a silencer is deemed polite.

Facts don't matter hear? First the amount of times a criminal actually uses these in commission of a crime is very low. Second, it's not completely silent (usually). It's just to save the Cochleas.

These guys watch too many movies.

Also...since when did making something illegal ever stop anyone...Like illegal guns?

Morons

No more pillows. You can keep your pre-bans but they cannot be refilled with feathers once the old ones are no longer fluffy enough.
26355134.jpg

He should be forced to provide evidence of any incident where "‘do-it-yourself’ silencers made it easier for criminals and potential mass-shooters to conceal their attacks."

Name. One.

I bet occasionally murders happen with a suppressor made on a lathe, but a killer that intelligent or thorough probably wouldn't leave a body either.

What was the last objectively worthwhile and beneficial bill the MA Legislature has passed that has been signed into law?

And my question to him would be how many firearm crimes have they found a homemade silencer used at?

I bet it’s most likely zero or a small fraction of a percent.
If we had an actual republican party in this state, the first thing one of them should have said was "Name one or STFU."

Back
Top Bottom