Massachusetts Democrats seek to ban parts that could be used to make suppressors

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Lawmakers target homemade firearm silencers
The bill’s primary sponsor, Rep. Paul Tucker, D-Salem, said ‘do-it-yourself’ silencers make it easier for criminals and potential mass-shooters to conceal their attacks.

“This is a public safety issue,” he told members of the committee. “Anybody who has studied active shooter situations knows the sound of gunfire is a trigger to get away from an area that might be harmful to them.”
The measure is co-sponsored by Attorney General Maura Healey, a Democrat and top law enforcement official who has pushed for stronger gun control laws.

The rep needs to be asked the question on what exactly crisis is he dealing with? How many murders in MA were committed with these "home made suppressors"?

If the answer is none (which it is) or less than 5, it's not a f***ing crisis and cocksucker deliberately pushing some bullshit agenda and needs to be kicked out of the office for life.

The rep needs to be asked the question on what exactly crisis is he dealing with? How many murders in MA were committed with these "home made suppressors"?

If the answer is none (which it is) or less than 5, it's not a f***ing crisis and cocksucker deliberately pushing some bullshit agenda and needs to be kicked out of the office for life.
Guaranteed that the reply will be some form of "if it saves one life."

I've read some pretty ignorant things in my life, this one is up there. “Anybody who has studied active shooter situations knows the sound of gunfire is a trigger to get away from an area that might be harmful to them.”

Rep. Paul Tucker is a coward. His horse face screams Statist.

I've read some pretty ignorant things in my life, this one is up there. “Anybody who has studied active shooter situations knows the sound of gunfire is a trigger to get away from an area that might be harmful to them.”
That was my first thought, too. Most people think gunfire sounds like the movies, and wouldn't recognize actual gunfire anyway. Plus, it sounds different in a building. I've been around guns for over 40 years, and hearing a shot or two in a building does NOT sound like what I'm accustomed to.
Besides, most people have absolutely zero idea of what's going on, and if they heard rapid fire down the hall probably wouldn't even register it, and if they did they'd complain about maintenance doing work while they're busy.

That was my first thought, too. Most people think gunfire sounds like the movies, and wouldn't recognize actual gunfire anyway. Plus, it sounds different in a building. I've been around guns for over 40 years, and hearing a shot or two in a building does NOT sound like what I'm accustomed to.
Besides, most people have absolutely zero idea of what's going on, and if they heard rapid fire down the hall probably wouldn't even register it, and if they did they'd complain about maintenance doing work while they're busy.

Stop me if I’ve posted this someplace before…

In H.S. The police chief’s son brings in a live .22LR round into school…(not exactly sure why, just for giggles I guess…). It’s before classes start and students are congregated in the hallway talking, etc.

So we’re passing around the .22 checking it out and one of us asks if it would go off if thrown on the floor… so he does… BANG! Zoom! ping, ping, ping down the hallway the round goes. Doesn’t hit anyone. Later that day, someone from our group recovers both the bullet and the casing. Amazing no one was hurt… but here’s the point of the story and the kicker… no one flinched. Everyone kept on talking and hanging out and didn’t make a difference. So yeah, agree — most people wouldn’t recognize the sound of gunfire indoors.

One more fun story — I set off one of those party streamer poppers in the library once during class while the teacher or librarian was lecturing with their back to the tables. Of course makes a POP! and steamers go everywhere… we quickly scoop up all the streamers from the table and the whole class is giggling and laughing. The teacher turns around oblivious. There is some dust or something hanging in the air — I can’t recall if it was from the popper or maybe knocked dust off a light fixture or something. The entire class denied hearing or seeing anything and chalked it up to something outside. We stuffed the streamers in our pockets and the teacher never knew. True stories, Ha!

Yep. This comes from a long line of stupid cross-the-line laws. Person "in possession of burglary tools." Or a crowbar and a hammer. Like a carpenter. "Concealed edged weapon." Sure. Or a Buck knife in someone's pocket. Folding knives are virtually ALWAYS concealed. Duhhh.

What a dolt. What parts? Taps? Dies? Drills? Tubing?
Duh; this:
mike-prem-lr.png

.... Most people think gunfire sounds like the movies, and wouldn't recognize actual gunfire anyway.
OTOH, we live near a club and in the gravest extreme
I'm hoping that the neighbors have become inured to the sounds.

... Plus, it sounds different in a building. I've been around guns for over 40 years, and hearing a shot or two in a building does NOT sound like what I'm accustomed to. Besides, most people have absolutely zero idea of what's going on, and if they heard rapid fire down the hall probably wouldn't even register it, and if they did they'd complain about maintenance doing work while they're busy.
"Who's running a staple gun?"
(I don't use our club's indoor ranges, so that's always my kneejerk reaction
when we walk past the clubhouse and someone's blowing off some steam).

But like what diy kits is he talking about? Do they cost alot? Do they even work?
What websites would you find them on that arent monitored federally?

Criminals won't bother, hence the near zero recorded incidence with suppressors, and anyone who is going to pull off a mass shooting type of thing is most likely (and sadly) looking for the attention.

This is political grandstanding on non-issues that might be easy to pass in this state given suppressors are already not allowed. He'll then be able to pat himself on the back for "preventing crime and mass shootings", when neither was going to happen with a suppressor in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom