• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTC Holders with FLRB Reliefs Will Be revoked !

I hope this gets to a federal level eventually. I’d like to not be concidered a prohibited person anywhere or the right to legally buy a gun at a gun shop without worrying about the ATF coming over for dinner

I don't know but I know someone who is in this situation and cannot afford to take this to court, or risk 100 bucks on a maybe.

Are people with favorable decisions still waiting for their licences ?
What has been the general wait time to get the license back in hand ?

I’m back in the game ! Suspended almost a year to the date and It took almost two months to be reinstated after the judges decision.
Be careful! A friend told me that the cops might rat you out to ATF. He said that Falmouth was forced to issue FIDs to people who were federally prohibited.. They told these people, in writing, that if they were caught with a gun or ammunition in Falmouth, they would
immediately notify the Boston ATF and U.S. Attorney's offices for investigation and federal prosecution.

Be careful! A friend told me that the cops might rat you out to ATF. He said that Falmouth was forced to issue FIDs to people who were federally prohibited.. They told these people, in writing, that if they were caught with a gun or ammunition in Falmouth, they would
immediately notify the Boston ATF and U.S. Attorney's offices for investigation and federal prosecution.
Wow, so nice of them. Now with that out there, I’ve been researching this without any luck. How does somebody appeal being a federally prohibited person?

Wow, so nice of them. Now with that out there, I’ve been researching this without any luck. How does somebody appeal being a federally prohibited person?
You don't. You either get the conviction reopened and dismissed or you get a pardon with restoration of rights. For the latter you'd need to be a very special person.

So my friend just returned my guns to me. What’s going to happen when I transfer them back into my name ? Can I expect another visit ?

If the letter you received with your reinstated LTC looks anything like the others I've seen, you were warned that you're likely still a prohibited person under federal law. That means that you're still subject to federal felon-in-possession charges if you are in possession of firearms and ammunition. It's likely (but hardly certain) that the ATF will not come knocking on your door. However, you're not doing yourself any favors by posting all over the interwebs that you're thumbing your nose at the fed.

... A friend told me that the cops might rat you out to ATF. He said that Falmouth was forced to issue FIDs to people who were federally prohibited.. They told these people, in writing, that if they were caught with a gun or ammunition in Falmouth, they would

To wit: NES: Stuck with an FID? You might be a federally prohibited person,
especially @OfficerObie59's reply #110 of 19-Jul'12.

The Falmouth PD FID Cardholder-Federally Prohibited Person Notification memo has moved to here.

You don't. You either get the conviction reopened and dismissed or you get a pardon with restoration of rights. For the latter you'd need to be a very special person.
There's at least one more way:
get the President to pardon you from being an FPP.

Back
Top Bottom