1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Mass LTC Holders with FLRB Reliefs Will Be revoked !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cma, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Awesome !! At what point does the state become responsible for not complying with court orders ?

2. Boston4567

Boston4567 NES Member

When someone actually sues the state. These lawsuits are against municipal police chiefs.

3. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Are we waiting for someone with frb relief who has never possessed guns still for that ??

4. Boston4567

Boston4567 NES Member

No, you're thinking of the federal lawsuit. That comes after the state gets sued and forced to issue licenses to those with FLRB relief. And my bet is theyre waiting until they have as many restoration rulings from district courts as possible before they sue the state. It's a long road ahead.

5. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Any idea How many wins do the other guys have ? What’s our total ?

6. Goliathan

Goliathan NES Member

And remember, we need to win every time. They only need to win once.

7. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Thank you Boston 4567 and knuckle drawer as always for the updates ! Greatly appreciated !

8. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Is sports betting federally prohibited ?

9. DPR

DPR

No

10. cma

cma

18 USC 921 a 20
    (B)
    any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less.
    What constitutes a conviction of such a crime shall be determined in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction in which the proceedings were held. Any conviction which has been expunged, or set aside or for which a person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored shall not be considered a conviction for purposes of this chapter, unless such pardon, expungement, or restoration of civil rights expressly provides that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.
    Take Rhode Island for example
    here is the expungement law
    You are eligible to expunge a misdemeanor five (5) years after the successful completion of your sentence and/or probation.
    RI applys to the above
    We know mass does not expunge. However when we are granted relief by This State appointed FRB is it not restoring this
    right?

11. Jerbal

Jerbal NES Member

I hope so.. this is what ive been banking on in court if the federales come after me. The way it reads to me is that since my restoration.. im no longer considered convicted? My chief has decided to stay outta court and let the state deal with it so i have 4 years left until my ltc expires so im still legal.. yet not.. yet am. Do i carry? If something happens do i stick around? I dont have the gripe of saying i spent thousands to get this done.. i did this myself.. with no lawyer.. only cost me a ride to chelsea and a lot of running around for court and police records which is no easy task. I Sat in front of the board alone and plead my case and won.. but now I didn’t? Well i did according to all written law that ive found in my research.. maybe im missing something. I do understand that allowing a fid without the flrb relief which i did have (and still do) before i decided to go before the flrb board does violate federal law.. but i can’t see how im doing that now. Im sure they’ll explain it to me.

Squib308 likes this.
  12. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

So fkn frustrating !!! I have done all the above !! But I’ve spent thousands ! I even went threw the hearing alone. And now it’s all been flushed at the federal level ! Don’t Cary jerbal. I’m sure the chief has suspended your ltc already. Live to fight another day !

13. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Pisses me off to no end that 2 seconds after I was notified of being suspended the cops were at my house to collect my guns but it’s ok for the state to ignore court orders and keep on ignoring the law and the rights of the people. No accountability , no worries. I can’t wait for the Comm2a victory headlines when when it finally gets shoved back at NICS baker healey.......

14. Jerbal

Jerbal NES Member

My LTC is active and I suspect that it will remain that way until it either expires or something changes on the legal front

15. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Absolutely not.

16. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Your rights have been restored by the frb and you didn’t get the suspension letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago from the dcpartment of criminal history ?

17. Jerbal

Jerbal NES Member

Correct

18. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

I don’t get it anymore

19. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger NES Member

Not all police chiefs fell in line with the FRB directive and the FRB doesn't have the statutory authority to revoke a license or order a police chief to revoke a license. Many are taking a wait-and-see posture.

KMM696, EJFudd, amm5061 and 3 others like this.
  20. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Mind if I ask what town you live in jerbal ?

21. cma

cma

apparently not all chiefs/departments have to act upon receipt of this letter.
    those that have are loosing in court and actually can face contempt charges however this does not change
    that the state will not return or process the revoked, application.[​IMG]

22. cma

cma

we need all the names of the 341 people affected strength lies in numbers. eight judgements apparently are not enough.
    Publicity and spotlight is a key ingredient. Billboards on rt128, Planes flying over Boston with Banners like Geico,
    printed one page copies of the Globe Article stash in thousands of wiper blades all over Boston.
    "Governor Charles Baker ignores Court Orders"

23. Jerbal

Jerbal NES Member

I agree.. im in on that.

24. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

I’m down ! Send me a bunch of flyers !! So the wins that we have already, are they the first 10 people represented by lawyers and comm2a ? Are they going to do 10 at a time like that ?

25. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

They may not be acting today but they won’t renew when they expire either until this is cleared up I bet

26. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger NES Member

Win #10 came in today against Foxborough, courtesy of attorney Keith Langer.

Onward......

Squib308, M1911, EJFudd and 11 others like this.
  27. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Awesome mr langer! 330 more ! WOO HOO CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR !

HorizontalHunter likes this.
  28. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

A side benefit of this is that is it becoming less unthinkable for a MA court to rule in our favor.

cma, Waher and HorizontalHunter like this.
  29. Roof gunner

Roof gunner

Are you going threw this also mr boudrie ?

30. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

I am not going through it as a FLRB relievee, but I do write the check every time an attorney on our assembly line brings another case (I am a comm2a director and the treasurer).

rob

M1911, JRT, BarnB and 7 others like this.