Mass compliant single stack 9mm for a co-worker

I he goes with the shield and wants a cheaper trigger fix, the necessary free state replacement parts work just fine and are a fraction of the apex kit in therms of cost.

I bought a few of these free state trigger springs the last time Brownell's had a free shipping special. Five springs delivered for under $15.00. It takes about five minutes to install one and it does make a difference. If you've got a stock Shield and want to give it a try, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Tim

You bought 5? Why?

To the OP, maybe you could find someone in a "free state" who upgraded to the Apex, and has their old one left over.

Ruger LCR in 9mm. Well a round stack anyways..

S&W Shield with a crappy MA trigger.

Or the mo betta Glock 43![smile]

Why the Glock? Because they are supposedly illegal here in MA and the AG can't handle seeing them in civilian's hands![rofl]

Last edited:
Same price as the Ruger, and the Ruger is good to go out of the box.
Ruger is definitely a great gun at a great price point. That being said I think the ergos on the shield are superior and the trigger with an apex is superior to Ruger as well. With the ruger you’ll spend less money, with the shield you get a little more for your money.

Ive owned a couple newer Ruger semi autos. They have not held up for me. They are great if you go to the range once a quarter and shoot a box or two. If your into practicing a bit more I cannot recommend them.

Same price as the Ruger, and the Ruger is good to go out of the box.

the LC9s carries very nicely. slips into a pocket like butter. however i would not put it anywhere near the shield in terms of reliability, durability or shootability. the LC9s has substantially more recoil due to it's design and not even close to the reliability history of the shield.

for me the LC9s has its merits as a pocket 9mm whereas the shield is an IWB option that still feels and shoots like a full size pistol. in terms of value the shield 9mm beats all the competition, and i'm not even much of a shield fan.

Last edited:
I still don't trust S&Ws, I've had too many that were crap, and the ones that weren't are older models. Maybe I'm the only one who gets S&W lemons, but I'd take a Taurus over them.

I carry either IWB or pocket carry. I often go where I'm "not supposed to" carry, so concealability is key for me, right after reliability. Ruger has it hands down for me.

OK - I'll stop, I'm obviously outnumbered.

I still don't trust S&Ws, I've had too many that were crap, and the ones that weren't are older models. Maybe I'm the only one who gets S&W lemons, but I'd take a Taurus over them.

I agree, that's why I like the S&W 3900 and 5900 series going all the way back to the original 39 and 59 (although the move to the 3 digit models was a big improvement). The "new" 900 series kind of gets a pass since they are only the continuation of the 39xx and 59xx series.

How about Sig 938 or if you don't mind .380, the 232?

Or are those out of the price range?

The Kahr CW9 is sounding like the best bet of all.

(Of course, nobody mentioned a S&W compact revolver yet)

How about Sig 938 or if you don't mind .380, the 232?

Or are those out of the price range?

The Kahr CW9 is sounding like the best bet of all.

(Of course, nobody mentioned a S&W compact revolver yet)
Maybe because op said he wanted a 9mm single stack?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I held a xd-s at Northeast Arms today.
Nice little gun that feels like a full size with the extended capacity mag.
With the standard mag my pinkie was hanging but a Pearce extension will take care of that.
The shop owner carries one himself, having sold his 938, and loves it.
I'll be getting one before the new year.

Back
Top Bottom